+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alienbeans... I need your help.

Master Gunnery Sergeant boxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forums boxvic's Avatar

Alienbeans... I need your help.

Ok... something is definitely wrong with my computer, and it is eluding me.

If I try to watch any sort of video on the internet, or listen to music through something like Pandora, my computer eventually freezes- and if I get frustrated and click enough the speaker starts to emit a constant beep. Sometimes it seems to happen quickly after starting a video, sometimes it happens after a few minutes. Youtube, Pandora, anything with flash seems to make it happen.

I have updated my flash player and my Firefox.

AVG and Malwarebytes hasn't found a virus.

It first seemed to happen when I was trying to watch a video on the cesspool that is Megavideo. My computer did a soft restart. Firefox asked me if I wanted to save my tabs before closing and then the computer restarted. So my first thought was a virus, but I can't find it and I haven't been able to find anything about it when searching the web.

So I guess it could be a bad RAM stick or something... but it really doesn't seem like it. I'm at a loss, and ready to just throw this thing out the ****ing window. I went years without getting a virus, and now it seems I'm getting one every other freaking day... assuming this is a virus.
    -----------------------
    Trump is going to raise my taxes. Thank you o'sanctified one, all I've ever wanted was a tax increase!

Master Gunnery Sergeant IBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forumsIBCW has a great deal of respect on the forums IBCW's Avatar

Re: Alienbeans... I need your help.

Download and run "Spybot" and then "Hijack this"
    They are both free programs that can determine if your system has been compromised.

LINK

LINK

Hijack this logfile analysis LINK

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

Re: Alienbeans... I need your help.

I tend to agree that it sounds like a memory problem. find a machine that you can access the internet and that won't crash on you and download this:

http://www.memtest86.com/

There is a download link to the left, and its a free download. Download the top ISO file for windows and burn to a CD. Put it in your drive and have your pc set to boot off CD. It will auto run. Any errors in the memory will show up at the bottom of the screen in RED. There will be a row across the screen of info. There is a column that is labeled PASS. If it completes the entire mem test and it passes, it will show a number ONE. There are 8 tests it runs, so after it finishes #8 there should be a 1 under PASS, it will run until you stop it. You can even take the disc out once it starts running, it doesn't need it.

If you get any RED at the bottom then you have some bad memory. If that's the case, shut down the machine and then (if you have more than one stick of memory in PC) remove all but one stick of memory and re-run the mem test. Do this for each individual stick until you find the one that is bad. It will come up RED like before once it detects something wrong.

The other thing that it "could" be is a power supply issue. Did it do the restart on its own?

+ Reply to Thread