+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Match if the Decade

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Match if the Decade

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has announced that Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair at WrestleMania 25 has been named the "match of the decade." The following is what PWI had to say about the match: "In addition to being one of the most dramatic and emotional bouts of the decade, it was also a symbolic changing of the guard and a fitting sendoff for Flair, arguably the top wrestler of the second half of the 20th century. Other matches during the 2000s may have been more physical or high-flying, but this match had the emotion and the incredible energy of nearly 75,000 fans hanging on every move." Runner-ups for match of the decade include Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21, Hollywood Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania X8, Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XIX, Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV, and Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit at WrestleMania XX.
    4 of the 6 matches considered involved HBK........

BANNED F250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Match if the Decade

No Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels from TNA in 2005?

That list makes them look like a bunch of WWE/Wrestlemania/HBK marks

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

that's true.......

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

they are making a list for matches of the decade with another year left in the decade? That's odd. Guess they aren't expecting any good matches this year.

i guess they consider the decade 2000-2009. Like the last match of the decade was from 1990-1999

and of those top ten from the 90's, HBK was involved in 4 of them.

#1 was Taker vs Mankind in HITC....which other than two big spots, I thought was not a very good match.

Master Gunnery Sergeant LSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forums LSUTigers1404's Avatar

Not very surprising. HBK is amazing inside that ring.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    LSU fans are like black people. They just seem to enjoy life more than the rest of us.

Master Gunnery Sergeant boxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forums boxvic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F250MustangGuy View Post
    No Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels from TNA in 2005?

That list makes them look like a bunch of WWE/Wrestlemania/HBK marks
    I actually have their triple threat match from Unbreakable 2005 on my PC... I also have Styles Vs. Joe from Sacrifice 2005, which is a pretty good match all to itself.

I thought I had a match with Styles/Joe/Low Ki from ROH too, but I can't find that one.

TNA has the Unbreakable match up on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X64B7SK4-XQ
    -----------------------
    Trump is going to raise my taxes. Thank you o'sanctified one, all I've ever wanted was a tax increase!

Master Gunnery Sergeant boxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forums boxvic's Avatar

It had been a while since I watched the match so I decided to watch it again... and I'm not even all the way done watching it yet, but seriously, if you consider yourself a wrestling fan then you NEED to watch the Styles/Daniels/Joe match that I linked to. It is without a doubt in a real wrestling fans mind the match of the decade.

If you don't like this match then you are more a fan of soap operas and less a fan of wrestling.
    -----------------------
    Trump is going to raise my taxes. Thank you o'sanctified one, all I've ever wanted was a tax increase!

i've always said I'm more storyline driven than wrestling driven. No doubt Styles and Daniels are the cream of the crop in the industry right now in regards to pure in ring talent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast