+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVD Burner Problem

Master Gunnery Sergeant OxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forums

DVD Burner Problem

Ok, I've been trying to burn some tv shows that I downloaded to dvd's to watch them.

I was having a problem a few months ago burning tv and movies to dvd's, but I changed the settings in Nero to do a better job encoding, and slow down the burner. Problems went away.

I've tried burning these shows twice now, once with the settings I've been using, and the 2nd time I slowed the burner down to the slowest option available. The video is out of sync in both of them, and the 2nd one was NO better than the 1st.

When I play them, the audio starts running at normal speed, but the video is running at least 5-10 seconds behind. Any idea what could be causing the problems and how to fix them? I plan on running a monitor cable from the PC to the tv later this winter to eliminate having to burn at all, but for now I need to burn this **** to dvd's. Any help is appreciated.

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

Re: DVD Burner Problem

Hmmm.. I can't say that I've ever experienced that or if i have, its been a LONG time. What format are the files in when you start? AVI? If so, and you are familiar with torrents, grab this: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2927786 it's what I use to put my avi files on DVD when I have to do that. It even has a burning engine integrated into it, so it will convert/encode your files and burn them wit hthe same application, which is nice. I rarely do it though with a PS3. I just dump them to an external harddrive and take that drive to the PS3 and play them that way.

Hope that helps.

Master Gunnery Sergeant OxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forumsOxfordSeminole has a great deal of respect on the forums

You might have helped another way without meaning to.

You said you hook your external HD to the PS3. I just remembered I have a usb hookup on my tv out front. If I hook up an external HD to the tv will I be able to select files off the HD and play them on the tv?

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

not sure about that. Have to check with your manual for your tv to see what the intended use for the USB is. Some usb drives on those tv's are only used for firmware updates or possibly jpeg files, but not video. Check your tv's manual and see what it says. Then, give it a shot and see what happens. The usb harddrive that I use require no external power. They are receive their power from the usb port. Seagate and Western Digital both make these kind of drives and they are pretty cheap now.

+ Reply to Thread