+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC Men's Basketball Sets Attendance Mark

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

SEC Men's Basketball Sets Attendance Mark

Southeastern Conference men's basketball saw a record number of fans pass through the turnstiles of the league's arenas in 2008-09. The league surpassed the 2.5 million mark for the third consecutive year with a total of 2,638,852 fans attending SEC games this season.
    The SEC ranked second nationally among conferences with an average attendance of 11,625. The Big Ten led all conferences with 2,416,234 fans for an average of 12,519 per game. The Atlantic Coast (10,943), Big East (10,882) and Big 12 (10,395) were the only other conferences to average more than 10,000 per game.
    The SEC was one of three conferences to establish new attendance records, joining the Missouri Valley Conference (1,341,151) and the West Coast Conference (332,532).
    Only four of the 330 Division I teams topped the 20,000 per game plateau in 2008-09. Two of those hailed from the SEC. For the fourth consecutive year, Kentucky led the nation with an average of 22,239 fans per game. Tennessee was fourth nationally with an average of 20,483 per game. Syracuse was second in the nation at 21,044 and North Carolina was third with 21,035. Kentucky has led the nation in attendance 13 of the last 14 seasons.
    The SEC boasted eight of the top 50 schools in the country in average home attendance. Eleven of the 12 SEC schools were ranked among the top 100. Arkansas (11th with 16,043 per game) and Vanderbilt (25th with 13,276 per game) also ranked among the top 25. LSU experienced the third-largest increase in attendance from the previous season with an additional 1,808 fans per game for an average of 10,373.
    Across all NCAA Divisions, 33,111,020 fans attended college basketball games this season, which ranks as the second-highest in NCAA history and is just the second time ever that the 33-million fan mark has been reached. Division I achieved its second-highest total in history with 27,767,111 fans in 2008-09.

Gunnery Sergeant socalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forums socalwildcat's Avatar

Re: SEC Men's Basketball Sets Attendance Mark

Quote Originally Posted by XPS View Post
    Only four of the 330 Division I teams topped the 20,000 per game plateau in 2008-09. Two of those hailed from the SEC. For the fourth consecutive year, Kentucky led the nation with an average of 22,239 fans per game. Tennessee was fourth nationally with an average of 20,483 per game. Syracuse was second in the nation at 21,044 and North Carolina was third with 21,035. Kentucky has led the nation in attendance 13 of the last 14 seasons.
    Amazing....and I'm hearing reports UK wants to build a new, smaller, arena to replace Rupp....and across the street. What happened to the 30,000 on-campus arena plans.
    GO BIG BLUE!

Administrator Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Go SEC!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums

Kentucky could build a 100,000 person arena and pack it out every game. I'm constantly impressed and inspired by the passion of Wildcat fans.

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socalwildcat View Post
    Amazing....and I'm hearing reports UK wants to build a new, smaller, arena to replace Rupp....and across the street. What happened to the 30,000 on-campus arena plans.
    I'm not sure why they would build anything less than 30k seats. I hear the luxury box seats are the big thing to help get the blue hairs up out of the courtside seats.

Regardless, there should be no bleachers whatsoever. I would go to more games with my family if the bleachers weren't a deathtrap for little ones.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Hot Momma Gatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorbabe has a great deal of respect on the forums Gatorbabe's Avatar

I'm sure Florida didn't really contribute much .... :shake:

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by socalwildcat View Post
    Well, Cal wants Big Blue Madness (Midnight Madness at Kentucky) in Commonwealth Stadium. That could draw some 70,000 people. Go kentucky!

I hate that I couldn't help set the mark this year, but between starting my first year teaching and doing graduate level work in college, I couldn't even catch every game on TV, let alone at Rupp!
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Well, Cal wants Big Blue Madness (Midnight Madness at Kentucky) in Commonwealth Stadium. That could draw some 70,000 people. Go kentucky!

I hate that I couldn't help set the mark this year, but between starting my first year teaching and doing graduate level work in college, I couldn't even catch every game on TV, let alone at Rupp!
    It will look like this...
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunnery Sergeant socalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forums socalwildcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post

Cal talked about this at the press conference the other day. The big concern is the weather. It would be a disaster if there were heavy rain. I'd like to see it, but don't think UK will pull it off.
    GO BIG BLUE!

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

I understand the weather situation, but I think it's worth the risk, and if it doesn't rain... great! If it does adjust, improvise... that's what we expect our coaches and players to do on the spur of the moment in games... the administration should do the same thing here. Sure, lots of people would be disappointed, but maybe reschedule something, move it to Rupp (45,000 people would be left out certainly).

But, UK scheduled that BasketBowl game at Ford Field against Michigan State in 2004. It's silly to operate under that kind of fear IMO that it "might" rain. Was there a dome on Ford Field for that game BTW?
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast