+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Juventus Football Club

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Re: Juventus Football Club

Would love to see Walcott in the black & white next season.

Silva abd Alonso as well. But how can he not go after Diego?

Conte has Walcott in mind
    Friday 1 May, 2009
    Antonio Conte will try to sign Arsenal winger Theo Walcott if he replaces Claudio Ranieri as Juventus Coach this summer, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

Ranieri's position at Juventus has weakened significantly over the last month as his side slipped to third in Serie A.

Should Ranieri sacked at the end of this season, Conte, the Bari Coach and Juventus legend, is the favourite for the job.

Conte reportedly has a list of five names he would like to make Juventus players in time for next season.

The most interesting is that of Walcott, who has become a regular fixture in the England team under former Juventus Coach Fabio Capello.

Walcott's star has been in the ascendancy ever since he scored a hat-trick for the Three Lions against Croatia last September.

The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football and has scored five goals in 27 appearances for Arsenal this season.

The other names on Conte's list include Fabio Cannavaro, David Silva, Xabi Alonso and Diego Milito.

Notice the absence of Werder Bremen's Diego, who, despite being heavily linked with Juventus, does not fit in Conte's tactical system.

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Another embarrassing result, drawing 2-2 with relegation candidates Lecce. Buffon storms out of the locker room at half time and is seen wandering around the pitch, muttering to himself. Expect to see him leave Juventus in the summer to play in England, possibly at United or City. I wouldn't blame him with how Rainieri and the BoD have destroyed this club.
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/may3r.html

Buffon fury fuels Juve tension
    Sunday 3 May, 2009
    Claudio Ranieri is hanging by a thread with reports of an emergency club meeting and Gigi Buffon storming out.

Juventus fans made their feelings heard after the embarrassing 2-2 home draw to Lecce, which left the team four points adrift of Milan.

It is claimed the squad was kept in the locker room for half an hour after the game in a crisis meeting with President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, general manager Jean-Claude Blanc and director of sport Alessio Secco.

There was further controversy when Buffon walked out during the half-time break, at which point Juve were trailing 1-0.

The goalkeeper spent only three minutes in the locker room and waited for the rest of the break in and around the pitch, where he was seen pacing and muttering angrily to himself.

“Buffon was angry and he was right to be,” explained teammate Vincenzo Iaquinta.

“We should all be angry, because it is not possible to throw away a season like this. We have to understand the causes and not lose our cool.

“The fans have every right to protest, but this climate is certainly not ideal to get the best out of us.

“We still have a chance of reaching our objectives, although we can make no more mistakes.”

Ranieri admitted his future depended on “whether the club continues to have faith in its Coach.”

He could get the answer sooner rather than later, as it is reported an emergency Board of Directors meeting has been arranged for the next few days.

Master Sergeant SCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCfan804's Avatar

I just don't see Walcott leaving the EPL. English born players don't typically leave the EPL unless they're paid ridiculous amounts of money ala David Beckham/Real Madrid, Michael Owen/Real Madrid (who is now back in the EPL), etc. Walcott also plays for one of the Big Four, making it even tougher to pull him away.... as always though, money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfan804 View Post
    I just don't see Walcott leaving the EPL. English born players don't typically leave the EPL unless they're paid ridiculous amounts of money ala David Beckham/Real Madrid, Michael Owen/Real Madrid (who is now back in the EPL), etc. Walcott also plays for one of the Big Four, making it even tougher to pull him away.... as always though, money talks.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for it, either. But someone with his pace and ability would be a huge boost for Juventus.

Manager Claudio Ranieri has been called to Juventus HQ for an emergency meeting. Rumors have been swirling since Sunday's draw that Ranieri would be the first Juventus manager to be sacked during the season in 40 years.

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin...45#post1014345

Rumor has it that Juventus will make official a transfer of Diego from Werder Bremen in the coming days. Diego also plays for the Brazilian national team.

****in' awesome purchase.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/may7j.html

Diego's Juve Euro glory dreams
    Saturday 9 May, 2009
    Diego’s Werder Bremen are in the UEFA Cup Final, but he is already looking forward to the Champions League with Juventus.

“There is a moment in everyone’s career when a player must look ahead to the top targets. I won with Santos, I won with Porto and have grown so much in Bremen,” he told Tuttosport newspaper.

“But I am ambitious. I dream of the Champions League trophy in my hands and a starring role for Brazil in the 2010 World Cup tournament in South Africa.

“I have said many times I admire Serie A very much and it is my favourite League of all. As for business, I just focus on playing, the rest is down to my father Djair.”

A transfer to Turin was already on the cards last season, but Diego finally seems set to complete the move in the next few weeks.

It was reported one of the main reasons for the delay was that Claudio Ranieri did not think Diego would fit into the 4-4-2 system.

As Ranieri is set to leave at the end of the season anyway, that is no longer a problem for the Bianconeri.

“My characteristics are clear. I like to take the initiative, play the ball and go for goal. If my teammates don’t pass me the ball, I go to get it myself!

“My objective is to help Werder win the UEFA Cup and German Cup, even though it makes me sad I’ll be suspended against Shakhtar Donetsk,” added Diego, who picked up a yellow card in the semi-final with Hamburg.

Werder Bremen have been adamant they will not release the Brazilian, but his position is very clear.

“The club has the right to decide, but I also have that privilege when it comes to what is best for me and my career. For now the conversations are between directors and my representatives.

“Juve are a fantastic squad, I have been saying this for months. In Brazil they are the most popular club and were after me right from my time at Santos. Plus Juve have the strongest goalkeeper in the world, Gianluigi Buffon.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3cHvcMYHQw

Valencia have allowed David Silva's agent to talk to Juventus but the Spain winger doesn't want to leave Los Che.

Valencia are in serious debt and need to sell players at the end of the season, even if they qualify for the Champions League.

“I don't want to leave Valencia,” Silva said. “I am very happy here. I arrived at Valencia when I was 13. I feel at home. I want to respect my contract. There is a lot of interest in me, but I am calm.”

When asked about interest from Barcelona, Silva replied: “They surely are the team most adapted to my characteristics and style of play.

“But I am already at a great club and I want to play again in the Champions League with the jersey of Valencia.”

According to As, Silva also said: “The club have authorised my agent to negotiate with Juventus, but it's a decision that doesn't depend on me.

“In football anything can happen, but I will have the last word. One thing is clear - I don't want to leave Valencia, I am very happy here,” Silva concluded.

Juventus have identified Silva as the ideal replacement for Pavel Nedved, who intends to retire at the end of the season.

Channel 4

Diego: 'Juve deal is done'
    Wednesday 13 May, 2009
    Diego has told German newspapers a 20m deal with Juventus “is done and by Friday all will be clear.”

The Werder Bremen star’s future has been in the balance for several months, as every time the Bianconeri appear to be completing the move, Bayern Munich intercept.

Now the young Brazilian has come out to make a statement on the situation by talking to newspaper Kreiszeitung Syke.

“We’ve sorted it all out with Juventus, the deal is done and by Friday all will be clear. If the two clubs put pen to paper, then next season I will be playing in Turin.

“I have not yet signed an official document with Juventus, but I think before Friday everything will be finalised.

“After all, it’s about time a decision is made.”

The 24-year-old is set to become the first major reinforcement for a Juventus side that needs to rebuild after a disappointing campaign.

Now Diego, his agent and Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli have made statements in the last 24 hours confirming “only details” separate them from signing the contracts.

Bayern leave Diego to Juve
    Wednesday 13 May, 2009
    Werder Bremen star Diego is on the brink of officially joining Juventus as Bayern Munich have retracted their interest.

The Bianconeri have been edging towards a deal for the last few weeks and President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has provided confirmation.

However, there were suggestions in the media that Bayern Munich were still lurking.

But reports today state that Bayern have contacted Juve to let the Turin side know they have withdrawn their interest in Diego.

“I would like to make it clear that I am Diego's official agent,” the player's father Djair da Cunha explained.

“There is nothing true in the latest reports. There are just a few details missing and the deal should be completed in three or four days.”

It is widely believed that Juve will pay between 15m and 20m for Diego.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast