+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Juventus Football Club

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Re: Juventus Football Club

Just j/k.....
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolling baby View Post
    Just j/k.....
    I know but it needed to be said.

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/apr28u.html

Elkann drops Lippi hint
    Tuesday 28 April, 2009
    At the end of a shareholders meeting in Turin, Juventus benefactor John Elkann confessed Marcello Lippi still plays a role in the club.

Lippi is rumoured to return in charge as a sport director in 2010 and reports suggest he has advised the board to get rid of Claudio Ranieri and appoint Antonio Conte instead.

“Marcello has always been close to the club,” revealed Elkann.

“Although this is not the right moment to draw a line since the season is yet to finish.

“I feel hugely disappointed and the fans do too. The team needs to show more than this because the latest scores are unacceptable. Players and Coach must prove they are capable of winning.”

Jean-Claude Blanc and Lippi just recently met up in a restaurant to talk about the Old Lady’s future and were caught by the local paparazzi.

Regarding the Tinkerman, Elkann gave yet more proof regarding his probable dismissal at the end of this season.

“It’s early yet, we will have to judge at the end of this season. There are five games left and we are waiting to see the final standings,” he concluded.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...aliankids.html

10. Vincenzo Fiorillo (Sampdoria)
    Not long ago, this youngster received a call from the best goalkeeper in the world. Gigi Buffon rang to tell him he was on the right track and to keep on working that way. Perhaps if Sampdoria were brave enough to throw him in for a Serie A chance then he could also have the opportunity to become a record breaker.

9. Fabiano Santacroce (Napoli)
    Fabio Cannavaro claimed this kid could soon become his heir at the San Paolo. He will have to smooth his instinctive character though, since he gets booked quite regularly, but the potential is clearly there. For a defender of his age to be called to represent the Azzurri is a sign of his importance.

8. Luca Cigarini (Atalanta)
    Think of Andrea Pirlo and that is pretty much what you will see in Luca Cigarini. A modern playmaker able to deliver fantastic long balls, he is less effective from set pieces than the Rossoneri ace. Luca is, however, much more gifted when it comes to defending. Atalanta wouldn't have spent all that cash on him otherwise.

7. Domenico Criscito (Genoa)
    Marassi is the perfect environment for this young athlete, who felt unsettled in his first three months at Juventus last year. With the Grifone 'Mimmo' returned to his high level performances. Can cover different positions and is technically skilled enough to even play in midfield one day.

6. Robert Acquafresca (Cagliari)
    At the end of the current season Robert Acquafresca will most likely return to Inter, because the time has come for him to play with one of Italy's big boys. Massimo Moratti is fascinated by this youngster, who is a Nerazzurri fan and will be excited to play at San Siro. Inter's next generation will be counting on him.

5. Claudio Marchisio (Juventus)
    By taking the place of Christian Poulsen in Juve’s midfield, Claudio Marchisio proved he is competitive enough to represent the Old Lady and be called upon by Marcello Lippi as well. The year spent at Empoli made him a better player and he is now set to become a Bianconeri hero. The new Claudio Gentile is born.

4. Davide Santon (Inter)
    Hailed as the new Giacinto Facchetti, this diligent youngster is already an Inter regular – taking the place of Maxwell. The highlight of his season was the way he dealt with Cristiano Ronaldo. Jose Mourinho was impressed by the attitude and elegance of this old fashioned full-back who has a great future ahead of him.

3. Mario Balotelli (Inter)
    His behavioural problems may be affecting his growth, but Marco Balotelli is way too talented to be left out of the top three. He has just recently shown signs of improvement earning several appearances with Inter. Strong character and hot headed, Mario could be inspired by his teammate Zlatan Ibrahimovic and has what it takes to earn a world-class reputation.

2. Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal)
    This New Jersey boy, brought up in Manchester by Sir Alex Ferguson, has already established himself with La Nazionale. Giuseppe is the traditional shadow striker who can also score goals galore. Playing with Spanish outfit Villarreal, he was one of the last Italians left in the Champions League. We wonder how long will be before we see him in calcio action again – the sooner they bring him home the better.

1. Sebastian Giovinco (Juventus)
    The Atomic Ant may one day take the glorious Juve No 10 shirt off of Alessandro Del Piero, but for now he will be keen to learn from the legendary Bianconeri captain. His willingness to adapt to different positions shows great maturity. Skilled and fast like no other, he has so far proved that stature and strength count little compared to pure talent. That's why Sebastian can be considered the destiny child of Italian football.

Master Sergeant SCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCfan804's Avatar

The link didn't work for me- is this a list of the top young Italians? If so, they don't think Federico Macheda is worthy of the top 10? Either Italy is loaded beyond belief, or there was a serious oversight..

Quote Originally Posted by SCfan804 View Post
    The link didn't work for me- is this a list of the top young Italians? If so, they don't think Federico Macheda is worthy of the top 10? Either Italy is loaded beyond belief, or there was a serious oversight..
    Macheda needs to play more than 10 minutes in a game. All the guysd on this list have seen a lot of playing time in their teams first team. Macheda will be up there next year, for sure.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/may1d.html

Buffon putting pressure on the Juventus board to buy players and field a better team or he might tend goal elsewhere.

Buffon future in doubt
    Friday 1 May, 2009
    Gigi Buffon will only decide to stay at Juventus once he has seen who the Bianconeri buy this summer.

There is growing disillusion at Juventus over the team's inability to fight League leaders Inter all the way for the Scudetto.

The Bianconeri slipped to third at the weekend, nine points off the pace, after a disappointing 2-2 draw with bottom of the table Reggina.

“I have a contract until 2013,” Buffon told L'Equipe. “There is still time until then. We will also look at the team we have next season.

“I hope that it is even more competitive. I want to understand with peace of mind what happens inside the club so I can make the best decision.”

Buffon was linked with a lucrative move to Manchester City in January, but reiterated his desire to stay at Juventus.

The World Cup winner joined the Bianconeri in 2001 and has made 241 appearances for the club, including a stint in Serie B.

Ranieri: 'My final countdown'
    Saturday 2 May, 2009
    Claudio Ranieri insists there is “no change” to the plan, but admits he has “five more games to decide my future at Juventus.”

The Coach is under fire from all sides after ending the season empty-handed and sliding behind Milan to third place in Serie A.

This week patron John Elkann hinted that results would be the deciding factor in whether Ranieri is confirmed on the bench or not.

“He was right, we Coaches know the life we must lead,” agreed the former Chelsea and Parma boss.

“There is no change to the plan, now we need to give it our all in every game, because there is still a lot to play for.

“Up until now I have not had a meeting with the club, but we speak every day. There are still five more games to decide my future at Juventus and I am not at all upset by Elkann’s statement.

“Have I received offers from elsewhere? Even if I had, I wouldn’t tell you. I have a contract with Juve until next year, now I am focusing only on Lecce.”

The Bianconeri have seen all their targets slip away, from the Champions League second round exit to Chelsea to the Coppa Italia semi-final elimination at the hands of Lazio.

“I was not surprised at the dip in form after we went out of the Champions League,” continued Ranieri.

“We had an excellent campaign and were playing at 120 per cent. For two matches after the European elimination we kept the right mentality, but with the break for international duty we lost our momentum.

“If we had kept going in the Champions League, there would have been no dip in concentration. I can see the squad is positive and wants to get back to winning ways.

“We did absolutely nothing good in April, so now the only way is up. I hope to see anger and determination, the qualities that emerged during the season.”

The fans are furious not only at the results, but also the proposed transfer moves for the summer, such as the practically done deal to bring back Fabio Cannavaro on a free.

Supporters staged protests outside the Vinovo training ground today and are set to make their voices heard during tomorrow’s match with Lecce – originally behind closed doors, but now open to the public following an emergency appeal.

“It is important to play with a packed stadium. Stepping on to the field with no fans there is the worst thing there is. Even if the fans protest, it’s good for the team to be given that extra motivation. The supporters want a side that fights and wins.”

Tiago Mendes pulled up with a muscular problem on Friday, adding to the injury list of Momo Sissoko, Hasan Salihamidzic, Albin Ekdal, Giorgio Chiellini, Dario Knezevic, Claudio Marchisio and Christian Molinaro.

“I only have two central midfielders at my disposal,” he said referring to Cristiano Zanetti and Christian Poulsen.

“The alternative is to move either [Pavel] Nedved or [Mauro] Camoranesi into the middle. Amauri trained well and I’ll decide tomorrow whether he starts or not.”

Juventus squad: Buffon, Mellberg, Zebina, Zanetti, Amauri, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Nedved, Chimenti, Manninger, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Poulsen, Giovinco, Grygera, De Ceglie, Marchionni, Legrottaglie, D’Elia, Ariaudo

Canna-Juve 'close to completion'
    Saturday 2 May, 2009
    Fabio Cannavaro admits “the deal with Juventus is very close to completion,” despite complaints from the fans.

The Ballon d’Or winner is out of contract with Real Madrid at the end of the season and has already stated he’s eager for a return to Turin, which he left in 2006.

“I know that the deal with Juventus is very close to completion, but it has not been sealed yet,” he told Spanish newspaper Marca.

The likelihood of Real offering a new deal are very slim, as that cannot happen until a new club President is elected in the middle of June.

Cannavaro is set for his Serie A comeback, but the Juve fans have protested the decision to welcome home the 35-year-old.

He has been called ‘a traitor’ after walking out in the thick of the Calciopoli scandal with their demotion to Serie B.

Giovinco exchange for Cassano?
    Saturday 2 May, 2009
    Juventus have reportedly offered £8m cash plus Sebastian Giovinco and Sergio Almiron to tempt Antonio Cassano to Turin.

The club hierarchy have confirmed on several occasions that they are interested in the Sampdoria starlet, although so far the bids have been rejected.

It is now claimed that, with Inter also entering the race by proposing Luis Jimenez plus £17m cash, Juve have upped the ante with an offer Samp can’t refuse.

They are willing to hand over £8m cash plus full ownership of Under-21 international Giovinco and ex-Lazio midfielder Almiron.

Giovinco is very hot property on the transfer market and the willingness to part with him before he has truly developed his potential suggests just how much Juventus want Cassano.

The Atomic Ant is a favourite with fans and considered one of the brightest prospects in Italy’s football future, while he was also linked with Arsenal.

Almiron is currently on loan to Fiorentina, where he has struggled to find space in their midfield.
    I like Cassano, he is a quality player, but giving up Giovinco is not the way to go about securing his services.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast