+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Ole Miss Win It All Next Year?

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

Ole Miss Can Ole Miss Win It All Next Year?

College Football News on Fox Sports:

Just curious, what odds do you give Ole Miss winning the SEC West? The national title? They obviously would have to go undefeated, but they get their big games at home. I sincerely believe that they can win the National Championship. Is this expectation totally ludicrous considering we probably have the most complete team in the West with the best QB? - Andy- Jackson, MS

A: I’m not so sure about that “most complete team in the West” thing, but it might be close. LSU has holes to patch, but it could turn out to be more talented. Alabama might also have a beef with your claim. The Rebels need work in the secondary and have to replace OT Michael Oher, but you’re right; the team is fantastic.

The schedule is as nice as can be expected and the non-conference slate is a joke playing Memphis, SE Louisiana, UAB, and Northern Arizona. There’s a trip to South Carolina early on, and don’t dismiss the road game to Vanderbilt. The Commodores will be better than last year if the secondary can rebuild. As you said, all the big games are at home against Tennessee, Alabama, and LSU, and there’s no Florida or Georgia. The national title is a bit lofty a goal considering the Rebels would still have that big matzo ball hanging in Florida, but anything less than 10 wins is a disappointment.
    Never would have expected anyone to say that last sentence after the way Orgeron left things. I think we will compete for the SEC, but like he said NC is a bit of a stretch, but who knows. If we can get some lucky breaks, we could, but being Ole Miss, I'll be happy just making it to ATL for once. What's everyones HONEST opinion?
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Re: Can Ole Miss Win It All Next Year?

Can? Yes. Will? No.

Bow Chicka Wow Wow Bacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forums Bacon's Avatar

BCS, No. But they could win the division.

Administrator onlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forums onlyfrbama's Avatar

It's possible, but in all reality Nutt has never gone undefeated during his time in SEC play. They definitely will be a player in the West with both key games at home against Alabama and LSU. I do agree with the non conference schedule that OM has anything less than 10 wins in conference is an extreme disappointment.

Alabama Crimson Tide - Back to Back National Champs (First in the current BCS era)
    2011 - 21-0 over LSU
    2012 - 42-14 over Notre Dame

Bow Chicka Wow Wow Bacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forums Bacon's Avatar

Ole Miss would have to start out in the Pre-season top 15 at least, and stay undeafeated throughout the entire season, and hope that USC, Texas, and Oklahoma, who will start out higher then them, lose.

Moreover, with the recent history of the programs in just the SEC alone, you can expect Florida, LSU, Alabama, and Georgia to be ranked ahead of them.

Worse still, even if Ole Miss beats one of the "Elite" SEC programs, the loser would likely still be rated ahead of them with 1 loss!

Life just ain't fair.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfrbama View Post
    It's possible, but in all reality Nutt has never gone undefeated during his time in SEC play. They definitely will be a player in the West with both key games at home against Alabama and LSU. I do agree with the non conference schedule that OM has anything less than 10 wins in conference is an extreme disappointment.
    Yeah, a lot of people are criticizing Nutt about the OOC schedule, but little do they know it's the AD that schedules the game Unfortunately, we had TCU drop us and than it was downhill from there.
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.

Wow, I remember this hype, and I think Dawg fans do to. If you guys are talking NC already, you are looking for a disappointing year. If you are talking about winning the conference, that's huge. Winning the division is going to be tough enough. You're setting yourself up for failure. How about another 8 to 10 wins and a good bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by pigs in Zen View Post
    Ole Miss would have to start out in the Pre-season top 15 at least, and stay undeafeated throughout the entire season, and hope that USC, Texas, and Oklahoma, who will start out higher then them, lose.

Moreover, with the recent history of the programs in just the SEC alone, you can expect Florida, LSU, Alabama, and Georgia to be ranked ahead of them.

Worse still, even if Ole Miss beats one of the "Elite" SEC programs, the loser would likely still be rated ahead of them with 1 loss!

Life just ain't fair.
    I can't remember his name, I'll look in a sec, yesterday had us a #7. We will be a Top 10 preseason team. That is the only guarantee I will make for this year. I would accept 11, but I think 12 would be pushing it. No way only 1 SEC team will be in the Top 10. I don't think LSU will be ranked higher in Preseason nor Bama.
    MULLEN:

Administrator onlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forumsonlyfrbama has a great deal of respect on the forums onlyfrbama's Avatar

A weak out of conference schedule can help you get in the BCS hunt but can also hurt you (see Auburn 2004). Bottom line you have 4 almost guaranteed wins on your schedule. The SEC schedule will be the telling tale. You catch all three of Bama, LSU and UT with some question marks but all should have some answers by the time you play them. The one thing (it didn't help Auburn in 2004) but with the weak OOC schedule you better pray if this happens the SEC is extra hard and has some very high ranked SEC teams.

Alabama Crimson Tide - Back to Back National Champs (First in the current BCS era)
    2011 - 21-0 over LSU

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL5 AC View Post
    I can't remember his name, I'll look in a sec, yesterday had us a #7. We will be a Top 10 preseason team. That is the only guarantee I will make for this year. I would accept 11, but I think 12 would be pushing it. No way only 1 SEC team will be in the Top 10. I don't think LSU will be ranked higher in Preseason nor Bama.
    Dude you must not have payed attention to the whole poll. He had Bama at #5 and most people have Bama as a Top 5-7 ranked team. Florida should be #1 and Bama probably the next highest ranked.

2011 - 21-0 over LSU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast