+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Big XII's top tier quarterbacks REALLY better than the SEC's group?

Corporal BamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaEthan has a great deal of respect on the forums

Are the Big XII's top tier quarterbacks REALLY better than the SEC's group?

Take a closer look at what I would consider our conference's "top tier" QB's.

Florida - Tim Tebow
    Georgia - Matthew Stafford
    Bama - John Parker Wilson
    Ole Miss - Jevan Snead
    South Carolina - Stephen Garcia

Garcia just started his first game but played wonderfully. Snead has a cannon for an arm and is only a sophomore. We all know about Tebow and Stafford. Wilson has lead his team to 7-0 and second in the BCS championship rankings.

Here's where the conference drops off. You'll notice there's a lot of two-headed quarterbackness goin' on these days.

Tenn- Crompton / Nick Stephens
    Aub - Chris Todd / Kodi Burns
    Vanderbilt - McKenzie Adams / Chris Nickson
    Miss. State - Tyson Lee / Wesley Carroll
    LSU - Jarrett Lee / Andrew Hatch
    Kentucky - Mike Hartline
    Arkansas - Casey Dick

The Lee / Hatch combo is probably the most effective of this group. Lee has a lot of potential but I like Garcia's athleticism better right now. Dick is what he is. Hartline is still learning. The less said about Auburn and Tennessee's offenses, the better.

When the sports media goes on their "Big 12 QB's are better than the SEC and everyone else" rant, they are often pointing to the teams above (from the second tier group) and comparing them to Bradford, Daniels, McCoy, etc, which they are obviously not on the same level of (yet). I think by season's end, the comparison may not be so overwhelming favorable towards the Big 12.

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

Re: Are the Big XII's top tier quarterbacks REALLY better than the SEC's group?

Yes the Big 12 QB's are much better than the SEC's group.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

Unfortunately, this comparison is like comparing this years Titans to last years Ole Miss team.
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

To go a little further on the comparrisons Stafford or Tebow the SEC top 2 QB's wouldnt be in the Big 12's top 5

Staff Sergeant govandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgovandy0620 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Gabe McKenzie?? LOL...kinda close,not really though.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

I don't know whether the Big 12's QB's are that good, or the D's are that bad.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Staff Sergeant RailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forumsRailroadGin has a great deal of respect on the forums

I'd take Chase Daniels, Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy over anyone in the SEC.

The Mouth of the South GDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGDawg88 has a great deal of respect on the forums GDawg88's Avatar

The Big XII's might be better, but they play no D in that league, aside from maybe Texas. Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Kansas, Missouri...all of those teams are suspect defensively. I have a feeling if some of these Big XII's QB's were in the SEC they'd look closer to Jason White in the Sugar Bowl against LSU than they do against Big XII defenses.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forums HeyBulldog's Avatar

Right now, Colt McCoy is the clear Heisman front runner IMO.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Optik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forums Optik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBamaFan View Post
    To go a little further on the comparrisons Stafford or Tebow the SEC top 2 QB's wouldnt be in the Big 12's top 5
    I wouldn't go that far. The only Big 12 QB I would likely take over Tebow and Stafford is Colt. 80% completion is unreal, I don't care if you are playing rec league. Other than him though, I agree with Herchel's implication that those QB's look so good because the Big 12 defenses are comparable to the WAC this year. Just to clarify, I do still think that Daniels and Bradford are two of the very best QB's in the country, just that they wouldn't look quite so good if they played against Bama, UGA, UF, LSU, USC, and so on. Also, the Big 12 teams seem to have a adopted a pass first mentality while most SEC teams are still run first. That definitely has a lot to do with the stats. If I were building a team my QB list would be:

1. McCoy
    2. Stafford
    3. Tebow
    4. Bradford
    5. Daniels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast