+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Equipment Necessities

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Cooking Equipment Necessities

What do you use in the kitchen or grilling that you can't live without?

My wife had a Pampered Chef party 2 weeks ago so we got a lot of cool things 1/2 off. (Which works out well because everything is 2x overpriced.)
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Re: Cooking Equipment Necessities

a blackening skillet, (heavy cast iron)

food processor

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Are there any benefits over stainless or the non-stick skillets and pans? We had a cheap set of non-stick and just got a 7 pc set of stainless. Mainly so we could put them in the dishwasher.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition

Pop-a-Shot Record Holder weegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forums weegeman's Avatar

forks.

Appreciate the wonderful life God has given you. It could be far far worse.

Moderator BamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forums BamaHoHo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Are there any benefits over stainless or the non-stick skillets and pans? We had a cheap set of non-stick and just got a 7 pc set of stainless. Mainly so we could put them in the dishwasher.
    We have this set Calphalon One Infused Anodized & love it.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

stainless are going to be more durable, but you cannot wash them in the dishwasher. you have to wash them all by hand with a nonabbrasive scrubber.

I just use teflon and replace them every other year. Stainless is better quality, but lets face it, how many times are you making lemon buerre blanc, or Tarragon infused demi glace at home where you need anything as fancy as a stainless steel pot.

that being said though, if you make your own bbq sauce, i'd invest in at least one stainless steel pot with a heavy bottom.

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

I am actually a knife freak, I like well made knife that I can get razor sharp.
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Politics is like pro-wrestling -- Rollin' Baby

Good, Fast, Cheap....Pick two -- my buddy...
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    stainless are going to be more durable, but you cannot wash them in the dishwasher. you have to wash them all by hand with a nonabbrasive scrubber.

I just use teflon and replace them every other year. Stainless is better quality, but lets face it, how many times are you making lemon buerre blanc, or Tarragon infused demi glace at home where you need anything as fancy as a stainless steel pot.

that being said though, if you make your own bbq sauce, i'd invest in at least one stainless steel pot with a heavy bottom.
    We used the SS pot for the first time last weekend. After 30 minutes, we still couldn't get water to a rapid boil on our electric cooktop. I think it's the bottom of the pot. The thing weighs 20 lbs.
    Last edited by SkyAntoine; 07-19-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

First and foremost is my New Braunfels BBQ pit. That thing has literally been around the world with me.

Second, an old cast iron 7 qt dutch oven.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

We used the SS pot for the first time last weekend. After 30 minutes, we still couldn't get water to a rapid boil on our electric cooktop. I think it's the bottom of the pot. The thing weighs 20 lbs.
    heavy bottome stainless are going to be best used for long slow cooking...........without an industrial strength stove, you'll have that kind of trouble.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast