+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: **Euro 2008 Knockout Stage Pick'em***

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

**Euro 2008 Knockout Stage Pick'em***

Going to start a new thread for this. Tomorrow the knockout stage starts with Germany and Portugal. Please just post your picks in this thread. The standings from the group stage will carry over. Picks for each game are due by 2:30 pm EST the day of the match.

Quarterfinals:

Thursday, June 19:

Portugal v. Germany

Friday, June 20th:

Croatia v. Turkey

Saturday, June 21st:

Netherlands v. Russia

Sunday, June 22nd:

Spain v. Italy

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

faux real fodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forums fodive's Avatar

Re: **Euro 2008 Knockout Stage Pick'em***

Portugal - This should be a really good match, though it worries me that Porto rested Deco, Ronaldo and everyone in the loss to the swiss. They are more battle tested than the Spanish though and I think they can handle the Germans even though their defense has been so-so. This should be a great match.

Croatia - I'm really tempted to pick Turkey, with all of the momentum they have - but after their keeper foolishly got himself sent off I'm going to stick with the Croats. The W over Germany was very impressive.

The Dutch - Total Football, firing on all cylinders. Unlike Porto, they won their final match even while resting some players.

Spain - I'm taking Espana because I can't go against how they are playing right now, and I'm going to be pissed when they choke and lose.

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

For the tie breaker we will have everyone predict the total goals for both semifinal matches and the final match. whoever is closer will be the winner in the event of a tie. Sound good, guys?

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Germany
    Croat
    Netherlands
    Italy

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fodive View Post
    Portugal - This should be a really good match, though it worries me that Porto rested Deco, Ronaldo and everyone in the loss to the swiss. They are more battle tested than the Spanish though and I think they can handle the Germans even though their defense has been so-so. This should be a great match.

Croatia - I'm really tempted to pick Turkey, with all of the momentum they have - but after their keeper foolishly got himself sent off I'm going to stick with the Croats. The W over Germany was very impressive.

The Dutch - Total Football, firing on all cylinders. Unlike Porto, they won their final match even while resting some players.

Spain - I'm taking Espana because I can't go against how they are playing right now, and I'm going to be pissed when they choke and lose.
    Agree 100%

Those are my picks as well.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Staff Sergeant gatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproachgatorchomp91 has a reputation above reproach gatorchomp91's Avatar

Portugal
    Croatia
    Netherlands
    Spain

faux real fodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forumsfodive has a great deal of respect on the forums fodive's Avatar

It was really hard to pick a few of those games, I really think that every side left has a shot to win it all, seriously. It's setting up to be a fantastic, fantastic end of the tournament - and there have already been so many great games.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

LOL.....thanks for the rep, RB

My first quarterfinal pick is................

GERMANY!

Gunnery Sergeant dnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forums dnmuga93's Avatar

Georgia Re: **Euro 2008 Knockout Stage Pick'em***

Germany (I think Portugal will choke)
    Croatia
    Nederlands (total voetbal!!)
    Italy (Ditto for Espana)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast