+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis' random thoughts

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Re: Elvis' random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Yes, but did you get Bingo? I have been waiting to see a McCain smear bingo card. I just don't think the list is large enough yet:

Too old
    McSame.
    Temper temper
    warmonger
    ???
    The top row was my closest. I needed "No Flag Pin" and "Drug Addict" for Bingo.

I think Rebelnut would win the Cover-all game.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

President - RNT Fan Club Elvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forums Elvis's Avatar

What is it about babies and women? Talk about the ultimate chick magnet.

2006 - Year of the Elvis
    2007 - Year of the Oil Baron
    2008 - Year of the Fab Five
    2012 - Year of the Stud
    Best of:
    Quote Originally Posted by USC90
    Elvis will have to ... what am I thinking, E is going to do whatever he wants to do anyway,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Great pics man.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

he looks like a little seal in that bed pic LOL
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Politics is like pro-wrestling -- Rollin' Baby

Good, Fast, Cheap....Pick two -- my buddy...
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

President - RNT Fan Club Elvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forums Elvis's Avatar

So, I have not posted here on this website in quite a while. I have been receiving some Private messages welcoming me back (thanks) or asking me to stick around a bit longer. First, thanks. Second, I am way too lazy to reply to everyone separately, so I dug up this blog and will, more or less, provide the reasons for my absence and now my return(?)

I will start off by saying that everything is fine. Wife, son, everyone.

However, I had reached a point in my professional and personal life where I had to make some real decisions. I don't want to go into too much detail, but what it boiled to was that I had to decide what was really important to me. I chose the route of being a dad and trying to be more successful in my career. That meant giving up certain hobbies and time wasters. Like here.

I should also note, in fairness, I was getting somewhat tired of posting. It was the same subjects over and over. The same attacks over and over. I was, by almost any reasonable measure, the guy (almost) everyone loved to hate. I had no real problems with it. This is all entertainment, but at some point it just gets old. Also, more and more of the attacks were getting personal. That I did mind. Frankly, it lowered my opinion of the posters here for some time. It was time to move on in my mind.

The bigger reason though was being a dad and work. Those of you who have children get it. If I have a choice between doing <anything> or hanging out with my son, my son gets the time. That's exactly how I want it. When I die, no one is going to write, "D@mn, he was a hell of a poster on secfanatics."

The other part of being a good dad, to me, is also being a good provider. The economy was (is) tanking. No one is really immune from it. I used to work about 50, maybe 60 hours a week. I figured if I cut this out, I might be able to up that time to 60+. That was more or less what did happen.

Thankfully, I have a job that can afford me alot of economic opportunities, but only if I invest the type of time i just described. That's what I did this year. Lost some cases. Won some cases. At the end of the day, I ended up with a promotion and fast tracked for a position that will hopefully make my family's life something completely different (better) than what my life was like growing up (economically).

While all this has been going on, I have maintained contact by e-mail with several members of secfanatics. They have never (really) pushed, but slowly slowly they convinced me to drop a line or two. So, I am back in a way. I may post. Probably nothing like I did before, but I will still post.

So there you have it.
    2006 - Year of the Elvis
    2007 - Year of the Oil Baron
    2008 - Year of the Fab Five
    2012 - Year of the Stud
    Best of:
    Quote Originally Posted by USC90
    Elvis will have to ... what am I thinking, E is going to do whatever he wants to do anyway,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

I don't blame you man and hell not that you don't know it or even care what I think but you definitely made the right choice. Glad to hear things are going well for you and I am also glad to see you back.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

5 out of 6.

On more to go..............
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

Moderator USC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forums USC90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedNekTiger View Post
    5 out of 6.

On more to go..............
    We just need to get stubby kicked off of facebook ... shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure he's violated their terms of use; probably within the last 36 hours.

And though I don't need to say it, thank god the King is back in the building.
    Most posters here are so far to the right that they make usc90 seem like a hippie.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

So. I have been thinking about fairness lately. What is fairness?

Some will tell you that fairness is whatever their moral code dictates.
    Others will tell you there is no such thing as fair. What is fair for one person is unfair to someone else.
    In any event, alot of people tell me that it was not "fair" that we lost our son.

I think they are both wrong. To me, fairness is a matter of choice. That is, having a choice. Lack of choice is a lack of fairness. There is a consequence for every choice that is made, good or bad. That is fairness.

So, one year ago Monday I was given a choice. Lose my son or lose my wife and son. The doctors said he had less than 1% chance of surviving. My wife was unconscious at the time. She had told me before that she wanted to go through with it even if she died.

I did not respect her choice. I guess I was not fair to her. I was not fair to my son either. However, I would rather it be my choice and I accept the consequences rather than my family.

To me, that is fair. I would rather have the choice than not have it.
    I think you made the right decision. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

When I die, no one is going to write, D@mn, he was a hell of a poster on secfanatics.
    Actually...I would have said that given the opportunity to speak at your funeral, but now I'm stuck with saying you got your priorities straight.

When my first child was born I made a promise to myself that I would never look back when my children were older and regret not spending enough time with them. Not saying that I put my girls first in front of work every single time (I am at the office on a Saturday morning), but I try to structure my time where I accomplish everything I can professionally without comprimising my family.

I would rather find that balance where I can provide for them and be with them than to make much more money and sacrifice my family. It also helps that I'm in a family business, so my boss/father-in-law sees I'm not neglecting one over the other.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast