+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis' random thoughts

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Re: Elvis' random thoughts

I'm with RNT. I don't look at things as fair and unfair. You play the hand you're dealt and do the best you can.

I've had some church family that have lost children. I just look at it that God knows best. Something tragic could have happended when your child was 16 years old that you and your're wife couldn't have handled. Maybe this is something that will make you a stronger father and husband. Who knows?

If you question why, it will drive you crazy. Of course, I've never been in your shoes, so I have no idea how I would feel.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

President - RNT Fan Club Elvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forums Elvis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    I'm with RNT. I don't look at things as fair and unfair. You play the hand you're dealt and do the best you can.
    It was a moment of weakness. Just once I would like to have the easy road. Unfortunately, that's just not my lot in life.

On the other hand, it's given me an overdeveloped sense of competitiveness. I'm over it (feeling sorry for myself) now and back to being my usual cantankerous self.
    2006 - Year of the Elvis
    2007 - Year of the Oil Baron
    2008 - Year of the Fab Five
    2012 - Year of the Stud
    Best of:
    Quote Originally Posted by USC90
    Elvis will have to ... what am I thinking, E is going to do whatever he wants to do anyway,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba

Gunnery Sergeant SEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproachSEC:propertyofLSU has a reputation above reproach SEC:propertyofLSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    It was a moment of weakness. Just once I would like to have the easy road. Unfortunately, that's just not my lot in life.

On the other hand, it's given me an overdeveloped sense of competitiveness. I'm over it (feeling sorry for myself) now and back to being my usual cantankerous self.

I never knew about the situation Elvis and I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that. You have been blessed with a healthy wife and a new baby. I know this will be a tough day for you and I have already said a prayer for you and your family.

Gunnery Sergeant DecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums DecaturDawg's Avatar

Don't second guess yourself on any issue as important as this one obviously was.
    Your decision was not cavalier, off-the-cuff, nor lacking for deep thought and every effort
    expended.

We are all only human.

I grieve for your loss.

Bow Chicka Wow Wow Bacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forums Bacon's Avatar

Elvis, I am wondering if you have any random thoughts on Atticus Finch and To Kill a Mockingbird. I am thinking it might make a great fark with your face in stead of Gregory Peck.

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pigs in Zen View Post
    Elvis, I am wondering if you have any random thoughts on Atticus Finch and To Kill a Mockingbird. I am thinking it might make a great fark with your face in stead of Gregory Peck.

Atticus is one of my favorite characters ever. You're going to run it forever if I start associating him and Elvis together. How about Elvis and Bob Ewell instead?
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition

Gunnery Sergeant DecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsDecaturDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums DecaturDawg's Avatar

...or Jewel Mayhew from "....Baby Jane"... this could be funnny....

President - RNT Fan Club Elvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forumsElvis has a great deal of respect on the forums Elvis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pigs in Zen View Post
    Funny you mention Atticus. I thought about that character when I was in Court on Friday. A colleague was in court for a private citizen trying to protect his land in an eminent domain case. It was a loser case. Almost anyone trying to protect his land in an eminent domain case loses. We, the attorneys in the courtroom, all knew it.

His client was obviously upset at my colleague when the judge ruled for the State. The State was not happy with this colleague. He aired out a lot of dirty laundry concerning how this taking (legal term when the State takes a private property) took place.

At the end of the day, I have nothing but admiration for this colleague. He stood up and defended what was basically a lost cause just for the principle of it. You do it to give people their fair day in court and let them have the chance to protect their rights.

Goes back to my earlier point about fairness. His client got a fair shot, even if the result was not just.

The profession is lonely, vilified, and cutthroat. Yet, it is times like these, and characters like Atticus, that remind me that being an attorney can be at its noblest when defending a just, but lost cause.
    2006 - Year of the Elvis
    2012 - Year of the Stud
    Best of:
    Elvis will have to ... what am I thinking, E is going to do whatever he wants to do anyway,

Elvis,
    I take offense to your sig. I have only used 12 of the 24 in my Obama smearing campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Elvis,
    I take offense to your sig. I have only used 12 of the 24 in my Obama smearing campaign.
    Yes, but did you get Bingo? I have been waiting to see a McCain smear bingo card. I just don't think the list is large enough yet:

Too old
    McSame.
    Temper temper
    warmonger
    ???
    2006 - Year of the Elvis
    2012 - Year of the Stud
    Best of:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast