+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: J.D.'s "Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season" blog

Sergeant J.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forums J.D.'s Avatar

J.D.'s "Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season" blog

I live in Cut Off, LA. For those of you who have no clue where it is, here is a map

Yep, thats New Orleans about 30 miles to the north. As you can see, not the best place to reside during the storm season. This is the town where I lived growing up, and I do love it. I also want to get the hell out of here.

Having witnessed Katrina *****slap New Orleans first hand, I am absolutely paranoid when it comes to hurricanes. In fact, when I moved back here for my current job and bought a home, I literally bought a little shack because I was resigned to the fact that a hurricane would probably destroy my home.

I could leave anytime I want. However, my goal of being a director of a regional airport within the next 10 years pretty much pins me down here for about another 3 or 4 years building experience managing my small GA airport. So you get to witness the meltdowns I will have everytime a tropical wave pops up off the coast of Africa from now until November.

So enjoy
    Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year, and I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine...

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Re: J.D.'s "Trying to Reason With Hurricane Season" blog

there is no reasoning w/ hurricane season.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

"I'm just glad I don't live in a trailer"......anymore.
    Last edited by SkyAntoine; 05-30-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff Sergeant danny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forums danny_d_lsu's Avatar

The only Hurricanes I enjoy are the ones from Pat O'Brien's. Good Luck this season, J.D.

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

JD, how many Buffett concerts have you been to? I've only been once in Cincy, but it was one of the most memorable. I plan on taking my wife sometime soon. A Buffet concert should be on everyone's Bucket List.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

When I worked offshore, I kept one eye on the Weather Channel. I feel for you JD.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

Staff Sergeant danny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forums danny_d_lsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    JD, how many Buffett concerts have you been to? I've only been once in Cincy, but it was one of the most memorable. I plan on taking my wife sometime soon. A Buffet concert should be on everyone's Bucket List.
    Jimmy Buffet played at Jazz Fest this year in New Orleans. I wasn't able to make it but my friends that went said it was awesome. I did go eat at his restaurant, Margaritaville, in the French Quarter, it was pretty good, reminded me a lot of Fudpuckers though

Sergeant J.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forumsJ.D. has a great deal of respect on the forums J.D.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    I've been able to make it to his Jazz Fest shows the past couple of years. Saw him at this years show, and when he came back in 2006. DannyD's friends were right, none of his records can compare to his live performances. They are just awesome.
    Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year, and I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine...

Staff Sergeant msubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forumsmsubulldog0610 has a great deal of respect on the forums msubulldog0610's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I live in Cut Off, LA. For those of you who have no clue where it is, here is a map

Yep, thats New Orleans about 30 miles to the north. As you can see, not the best place to reside during the storm season. This is the town where I lived growing up, and I do love it. I also want to get the hell out of here.

Having witnessed Katrina *****slap New Orleans first hand, I am absolutely paranoid when it comes to hurricanes. In fact, when I moved back here for my current job and bought a home, I literally bought a little shack because I was resigned to the fact that a hurricane would probably destroy my home.

I could leave anytime I want. However, my goal of being a director of a regional airport within the next 10 years pretty much pins me down here for about another 3 or 4 years building experience managing my small GA airport. So you get to witness the meltdowns I will have everytime a tropical wave pops up off the coast of Africa from now until November.

So enjoy
    I feel for ya JD..I live in MS near Jackson so we felt Hurricane Katrina as a Cat 1 and hell it tore us up too, however it whipped the tip of Lousiana and New Orleans (only because of the levees breaking..if they hadn't have broken I think it would have been damaged but nothing close) and tore the hell out of MS..We got the brunt of the storm because the northeast quadrant is where the worst rain, storm surge, lightning, and tornadoes were..I know it tore y'all up down there..One interesting thing is the west side of a hurricane has onshore winds and the east side has offshore winds..For example if its moving toward you at 20 mph and the winds are 150 mph, the west side would have winds of 130 mph and the east side would have winds of 170..Thats why it was worse for the MS Gulf Coast than New Orleans but NO overshadowed us because of the flooding..Anywho lol I'm gonna be a meteorologist someday so I'll be tracking it a lot this summer..I'm very fascinated by hurricanes and will keep you updated..I'll make sure to track the tropical waves off of Africa and keep u up to date..One thing to watch is where the Bermuda High is situated..It is what steers the hurricanes..If its situated south and west where it would throw them into the Gulf and there is not much wind shear to tear up the storms I'd be a little worried then..

Well, so far so good (knock on wood). But I have to say, if a storm does hit us anytime in the near future, I am getting the hell out of here regardless of what happens to my home. Between my homeowner's and flood insurance, I am paying $5k a year in freaking insurance.

Before Katrina, I was getting ready to close on a house that I was buying for almost twice what I paid for my current home, and would have actually paid less for my insurance than what I do now. And the really ****ed up thing about it is that if we do get hit and my home gets wiped out, I'll probably be lucky to see half of what I am paying for.

****ing Lousiana Citizens Insurance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast