+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big House not the biggest house for 2 years...

Staff Sergeant HailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forums HailHail1997's Avatar
    Ann Arbor, MI (but always Huntsville, AL at heart)

Big House not the biggest house for 2 years...

http://media.www.michigandaily.com/m...-3261719.shtml

The University has reached a settlement with the Michigan Paralyzed Veterans of America that ends the lawsuit over the Michigan Stadium renovation project - and will at least temporarily end the Big House's reign as the largest football stadium in the country.
    The pre-settlement project estimate said the stadium's capacity by the conclusion of the project in 2010 would top 108,000, an addition of 500 seats from the start of the project. But because today's settlement will remove an estimated 1,500 seats from the bowl, it's unclear whether that will be enough to make Michigan Stadium the biggest once again.

Hage said University officials don't know what the stadium's capacity will be after the expansion project.

"Over time, we again expect to have the largest capacity of any stadium in the country," Hage said. "We have to wait until 2010 to see how the new seating shakes out."

Kind of annoying, but hopefully once the renovations are completed things will be back to normal.

"Let's do some down South jukin', lookin' for some peace of mind"

"Sweet Auburn, loveliest village of the plain"-Oliver Goldsmith, "The Deserted Village" (1770)

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Re: Big House not the biggest house for 2 years...

can't be to upset. people with disabilities should get to have some good seats too.......i mean, it seat 107,000 people, and they only have 100 seats that are wheelchair accesible? That's kind of weak.

Master Gunnery Sergeant GoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forums GoBigO's Avatar

It's not always about "size" you know.
    "I'm not going to sell this program and what we're about to do in a sound bite. It's impossible...I can tell you this, everything we do is going to be with a foundation of integrity in every aspect of the program. We're going to represent this institution with class, on and off the field, and we're going to be a fun team to watch." - Tennessee Head Football Coach Derek Dooley

1/10/10
    #16 Tennessee 76, #1 Kansas 68

Tuscaloosa - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Coach Kiffin cared about Tennessee traditions less than the worst Vol hater in the state in Alabama. That man's a snake."
    - Josh McNeil, Former Vols Lineman

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    can't be to upset. people with disabilities should get to have some good seats too.......i mean, it seat 107,000 people, and they only have 100 seats that are wheelchair accesible? That's kind of weak.
    Good post and you are exactly right. They aren't asking for a lot here in my opinion and they like football too just like me so they should get the opportunity to see the games if they want.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Staff Sergeant HailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forumsHailHail1997 has a great deal of respect on the forums HailHail1997's Avatar
    Ann Arbor, MI (but always Huntsville, AL at heart)

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigO View Post
    It's not always about "size" you know.
    LOL...whatever helps you sleep at night But seriously...I think that I read that 1% of the seats have to be devoted to people with disabilities, which when you think of UM's capacity (107,501) is a LOT. I'm just not sure all those seats would even be used. That's my only gripe...1% just seems kind of arbitrary. It is important that we remain the Big House in name and practice, it's a point of pride for UM fans. I still want to be able to hear the PA guy say "congratulations on being the largest crowd watching a football game anywhere today" every home game, but I guess I won't hear that again till my senior year (hopefully?).

"Let's do some down South jukin', lookin' for some peace of mind"

"Sweet Auburn, loveliest village of the plain"-Oliver Goldsmith, "The Deserted Village" (1770)

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1997 View Post
    LOL...whatever helps you sleep at night But seriously...I think that I read that 1% of the seats have to be devoted to people with disabilities, which when you think of UM's capacity (107,501) is a LOT. I'm just not sure all those seats would even be used. That's my only gripe...1% just seems kind of arbitrary. It is important that we remain the Big House in name and practice, it's a point of pride for UM fans. I still want to be able to hear the PA guy say "congratulations on being the largest crowd watching a football game anywhere today" every home game, but I guess I won't hear that again till my senior year (hopefully?).
    It doesn't matter if they are going to be used it's the law to provide them for it and you might be surprised they very well could be used.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

+ Reply to Thread