+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott McKinney arrested on investment fraud and raketeering charges

Master Gunnery Sergeant Fatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forums Fatboy's Avatar

Scott McKinney arrested on investment fraud and raketeering charges

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12654/1

Whachu cookin for vittles granny?

Radio host charged with racketeering
    UPDATED: Lawmen say 'Southern Sports Tonight' host Scott McKinney fleeced investors
    Andrew Gant
    Friday March 7th, 2008
    Comment on this Story | Read Comments

SANTA ROSA BEACH — Six investors say a sports talk radio host stole almost $140,000 from them in a scheme fronted by his “Southern Sports Tonight” show.

Scott McKinney, 42, of Seaward Drive, is charged with felony investment fraud, theft and racketeering, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office. He was arrested Friday.

“It was just a complete and utter scam,” said Brian Campbell, who is listed as McKinney’s first investor in the arrest report. Campbell said he gave about $30,000 to the host.

Sheriff’s investigators allege McKinney sold shares in his company, Southern Sports Tonight LLC, claiming to be expanding and purchasing new broadcast equipment.

McKinney also claimed affiliation with Barking Dog Media, LLC, and Southeastern Broadcasting, LLC, lawmen say.

Campbell said McKinney told him he was going to send his show back into national syndication and needed to bring in a 49% investor.

Campbell agreed in May 2006 and split his 49% share with a friend, who is also listed as a victim in the arrest report.

In June 2006, McKinney gave Campbell a Southern Sports Tonight, LLC certificate indicating Campbell owned 245,000 out of a million shares in the company.

McKinney continued selling shares to investors through 2006, according to his arrest report. The list includes Trey Nick, owner of Nick’s Seafood Restaurant in Freeport, where McKinney sometimes broadcast on location.

“Scott does a wonderful job on the radio for me,” Nick said. He had no comment on McKinney’s arrest.

Campbell, a customer of Nick’s Seafood Restaurant, said his suspicions grew quickly about three months after he invested. Citing a “small town” environment, Campbell said he went to eat at Nick’s restaurant and asked Nick about McKinney.

Nick told him he also was an investor, Campbell said.

Several of McKinney’s investors eventually met and compared notes, Campbell said. They noticed their shares exceeded 100% ownership in the company.

Many had brought in partners and made similar investments of around $30,000; some received dividend payments of $300 to $500 while others received nothing.

Campbell confronted McKinney in January 2007, and McKinney told him there were no other investors, according to the report.

“I have two kids to feed, I have a wife and a house payment, and Scott was taking vacations all over the world,” Campbell said Friday.

“I just wonder how much of that I sponsored.”

By spring break in 2007, one of the investors said McKinney contacted him and asked him not to have an investigator arrest him while his kids were visiting, according to the report.

McKinney was being held at the Okaloosa County Jail on a $700,000 cash-only bond Friday.

His “Southern Sports Tonight” show airs from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday on 98.1 FM. A spokesman at the radio station had no comment.

Anyone who has any further information is asked to contact the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division at 609-2000.

Daily News Staff Writer Andrew Gant can be reached at 863-1111, Ext. 1432.

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Re: Scott McKinney arrested on investment fraud and raketeering charges

This came as a total surprise to me.

I know Scott and consider him to be a friend.

Hard for me to understand how he could get so desperate for a sports talk show.

I hope that he can get his life back together from this. He has a couple of young sons and was about to get married.
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Super Admin BleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forums

That's good for that *****, long ago I got into it with he and one of his co-administrators on the Southern Sports Tonight message board. I was at work at the time and he threatened to contact my place of employment to tell of what I had said and how I had acted. I worked at LSU at the time, so it wouldn't have been pretty for me had he done such. I talked him out of it eventually, but he was going to be a ***** and screw me over. Had I said what I had said from home, he could've banned me at most.

Zud, if I remember correctly you should remember that happening because we had talked a little about it after it happened. This was at least 3 or 4 years ago.

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurpleandGold View Post
    That's good for that *****, long ago I got into it with he and one of his co-administrators on the Southern Sports Tonight message board. I was at work at the time and he threatened to contact my place of employment to tell of what I had said and how I had acted. I worked at LSU at the time, so it wouldn't have been pretty for me had he done such. I talked him out of it eventually, but he was going to be a ***** and screw me over. Had I said what I had said from home, he could've banned me at most.

Zud, if I remember correctly you should remember that happening because we had talked a little about it after it happened. This was at least 3 or 4 years ago.
    Yes, I do remember that BPG.

It surprised me if you will remember becuz he had nevah treated me in such a manner. He treated me like I was the show. And it wasn't that I didn't believe you becuz I did believe what you had told me. But it was so different for the kind of treatment that I had received from him that it was difficult for me to comprehend.

And I do remember how nervous you were about it. But I don't remember what it was that he accused you of doing. Could you refresh my memory about that? Thank goodness that he didn't follow up on his threat!
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Master Gunnery Sergeant Fatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forums Fatboy's Avatar

I dont get SST since I moved. Does anyone know what they are doing in the meantime?

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

I remember it used to be syndicated on 560am in Nashville, but disappeared to be replaced by Conference Calls. I really enjoyed when they had their caravan throughout the SEC, ACC, and SunBelt schools prior to football season. Seems like I heard there was a falling out between Scott and Max Howell. Anyone know if this is true or scoop?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

They stream it online here:

http://www.sportstalktheticket.com/index.html

not sure how his arrest is going to affect the show though. I don't listen very often since I moved. I used to listen all the time when we lived in pensacola. I would expect that delusional, pretend journalist and uat moron, Scott Moore to take his place, at least temporarily. I doubt we'll be hearing scott mckinney on the air again any time soon...

Lance Corporal gangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud ofgangstalean has much to be proud of

SST and 98.1 The Ticket's local broadcasts have been a joke for the past few years now. I hate this happened though.

Private First Class NWFLJoe is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know what they are doing in the meantime?
    The show is still on the air. Rob and Adam are splitting host duties this week and the plan is for Rob to host next week.

Additionally, I'll be on air Tuesdays from 6:30-7:00 (central) to talk about RealFootball365, including the Dolphins, Noles, and of course, the Gators.

Private First Class Catocody is on a distinguished road

Those 2 won't cut it on SST. Scott was good at it. It was even better when he and Max co-hosted. I'm still shocked at what Scott is accused of doing and what I've found out through public records about his situation and the sad state of affairs 98.1 WTKE-FM is in. Look for 98.1 to be sold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast