+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Israel v PLO thread (please keep all related posts here)

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

The Israel v PLO thread (please keep all related posts here)

So a few days ago an Israeli official said there will be a holocaust in Gaza. Nice choice of words.

Another seven Palestinian children killed.

Dozens die in Israel-Gaza clashes
    Israeli forces have killed at least 35 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip in the deadliest day of fighting in a year.

Medical staff said at least seven were children, and up to 16 were militants. Israel said militants formed the majority of those killed.

Five Israeli troops were lightly injured in clashes with gunmen inside Gaza, after tanks entered in the north.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas described the Israeli raids as "more than a holocaust".

Mr Abbas was apparently alluding to controversial remarks made on Friday by Israel's Deputy Defence Minister Matan Vilnai who said Palestinians risked a "shoah" - the Hebrew word for a big disaster as well as for the Nazi Holocaust.

Mr Vilnai's colleagues insisted he had not meant "genocide".

But Mr Abbas told reporters in the West Bank town of Ramallah: "It's very regrettable that what is happening is more than a holocaust. We tell the world to see with its own eyes and judge for itself what is happening."

Hamas's exiled leader Khaled Meshaal went further.

"Israeli actions in Gaza since Wednesday is the real Holocaust," he said in the Syrian capital, Damascus.

He said Israel was "exaggerating the Holocaust and using it to blackmail the world".

Civilian deaths

Israel has said it may launch a full-scale attack on Gaza in response to militant rocket attacks.

The BBC's Katya Adler in Jerusalem says Israel's leaders have been under pressure from some quarters to launch a ground invasion.

However, a recent opinion poll has indicated a majority of Israelis favour a truce with the Islamist movement Hamas, which controls Gaza.

Gaza's citizens were kept awake for another night by the sounds of Israeli military aircraft and missile strikes.

On one occasion, a house east of the Jabaliya refugee camp was struck - two children, a brother and sister, were killed.

Later, a 15-year-old girl and her 16-year-old sister were also killed.

In another attack, a mother was killed as she was preparing breakfast for her children, medical workers said.

"We are in the middle of a total war. We hear the rockets and the explosions everywhere... we cannot leave our homes," a Jabaliya resident, Abu Alaa, told the AFP news agency.

"They're shooting at everything that moves."

There was also fighting in and around the camp between Israeli troops backed by tanks and Palestinian militants equipped with crude rockets and mortars.

Israel says its aim is to stop Palestinian militants firing rockets across the border.

But several more were launched in recent hours, three hitting the Israeli coastal city of Ashkelon and causing light injuries to four people.

On Wednesday a rocket fired by Hamas militants killed an Israeli student in the southern town of Sderot, the first such death in nine months.

Palestinian militant leaders say they are responding to Israeli attacks.

More than 65 Palestinians and one Israeli have been killed in the violence since Wednesday.

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Re: 'Holocaust' in Gaza commences...

ooops, forgott he link, this is a bbc article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7272329.stm

Now eight Palestinian children have been killed in the Israeli attack Saturday.

Bahama Don Dada Wegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forumsWegleagle has a great deal of respect on the forums Wegleagle's Avatar

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

:( ............
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Master Sergeant gatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forums

I think it's rather obvious that the defense minister used the strongest words possible in an attempt to stop Palestinian militants from lobbing Iranian made missles into Israeli settlements and cities. Nobody wants to see children die. Perhaps you should be holding the militants that are using schools, hospitals, neighborhood homes, and other civilian areas as rocket installations accountable? Perhaps you should be holding those Palestinians that voted a documented terrorist organization into power accountable? I suppose you believe Israel should just turn the other cheek when rockets are lobbed into civilian neighborhoods with total disregard as to where they land? Perhaps you believe they should just leave? I just don't get the " blame Israel " logic. Ignorance? Antisemitism? I'm not accusing here, I'm asking.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Yo, 2006. As anyone who has watched Al Jazeera knows, these people lie out their ass. Remember the baby milk factory? How about Bagdad Bob.
    How about Hizbollah locating artillery batteries in civillian population centers, so they could show civilian casualties to "journalists"?

Of all the people you could pick to champion, you have picked some sorry ass mofos.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Proud Member RNT Fan Club CrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forums CrimsonPirate's Avatar

It would appear to me that Israel, with its high tech missiles, could pretty much pin-point their targets, which leads me to believe that, perhaps, Hamas is lobbing these rockets into Israel from areas highly populated by families. It's not the first time terrorists have hidden behind women and children.
    Attention: This sign is private. Do not read!

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPirate View Post
    It would appear to me that Israel, with its high tech missiles, could pretty much pin-point their targets, which leads me to believe that, perhaps, Hamas is lobbing these rockets into Israel from areas highly populated by families. It's not the first time terrorists have hidden behind women and children.
    It's not even the 101st. What scumbags.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Wait a minute........Herchel gets Al-Jazeera? I figured he had little use for t.v. other than Matlock reruns........
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast