+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Skying with Antoine (aka SkyAntoine's Blog)

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Skying with Antoine (aka SkyAntoine's Blog)

Weegeman recommended that I do my civil duty as a new member of SECFanatics and create my own blog. At first I was leery of meeting the expectations of other members...but then I took a look at everyone else's blog and figured I could do no worse. No better, but no worse.

From time to time humorous things happen in my life (usually involving my two daughters or wife). Both of my girls are extreme characters and my wife is the best person I know. I like to go off on tirades and vent every once in a while. So, we'll see what happens from here.

My official family creed for years now has been "God, Family, UK" and I try to live life in that order although "work" usually jumps around amongst the three.

That's it for the intro to SkyAntoine's extraordinary life. Tomorrow...How to ensure your children don't grow up to be Lousyville Cardinal fans.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop-a-Shot Record Holder weegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forums weegeman's Avatar

Re: Skying with Antoine (aka SkyAntoine's Blog)

Good start. Now you've set the bar. Each and every post from here on out must be more entertaining and funnier.

Appreciate the wonderful life God has given you. It could be far far worse.

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

How to Ensure Your Children Doné─˘t Grow Up to be Lousyville Cardinal Fans (ridiculous long read):

Before we begin, if you are looking for parenting tips from SECFanatics, thené─Âthat is just plain wrong. Google é─˙How to be a good Dad/Momé─¨ and doné─˘t bother reading any further.

The following is a psychological case study on raising children being performed byé─Âleté─˘s call him é─˙Tonyé─¨.

Recognize your greatest fear:
    What is it that sends shivers down you spine with the very thought of? Something that you would never wish on your worst enemy? Mine would be that either of my children would make the brainless decision to attend Thug University aka The University of Louisville.

So whaté─Âthey have a reputable academic program and most parents would rather their children receive a bacheloré─˘s degree and be successful members of society. This parenté─ÂTonyé─Âwould rather his children sponge the rest of his life than go to a school hosting the scourge of the Commonwealth. This hits close to home because, with all of her great upbringing, my sister-in-law is currently enrolled at the University of Lousy. She intends to major in law (which should work out great for potential clients.) Not to mention, after marrying my wife's sister, my brother-in-law came out of the closet é─Âabout being a Louisville fan.

Understanding Traumatic Association:
    Every one of us has had some traumatic event take place in our lives which has led us to have certain thoughts or feelings about situations we encounter. Maybe we were locked in a dark, musty basement as a child and that led to a fear of the dark. Or, you one time convinced your friendé─˘s mother in 5th grade to put every single topping known to man on a pizza at Mr. Gattié─˘s because you thought you would really eat it, only to find out that anchovies are the most disgusting thing you have ever tasted. That could (1) lead to a dislike of little, slimy, smelly fish or (2) a constant fear that someone will bring up the situation every chance they get for the rest of your life reminding you that their mother wasted like $50 on a pizza that was not eaten by anyone or (3) a fear of Weege remarks (also see #2).

Back to the Future Theory:
    Unless you have access to a De Lorean with a charged flux capacitor or can figure out how to make Uncle Ricoé─˘s time machine really work, there is only one way to pre-emptively make sure your children doné─˘t make the single biggest mistake of their livesé─Âself-impose terrible trauma on your children for their well being.

The Test:
    Now you cané─˘t be a sicko and make your children associate Lousyville with blood and guts or anything like that. They are children for Godé─˘s sake! Doné─˘t do anything that would royally damage their precious little minds, so Tony chose something more appropriate for young childrené─Âlittle kittens.

For example, if you tell your five and three year old daughters the following:
    é─˙Girls, do you know what Louisville Cardinal players do with little kittens?... They drown them in the bathtub.é─¨
    Something like that sticks in your childé─˘s mindé─Âhopefully for a long time.

Now, you cané─˘t leave it at that because if, God forbid, Billy Gillispie ever goes to coach Louisville after leading UK to multiple National Championships; you have to make sure the allegiance does not follow to the Cards.

You would tell them:
    é─˙Girls, do you know what Louisvilleé─˘s coach does?...He drowns little baby kitties in the bathtub and hits his players.é─¨

You doné─˘t want your children to associate all coaches or all basketball teams with the playful image you have created in their mind and you doné─˘t want them being some loser that does not follow sports, so you say something like:
    é─˙Girls, do you know what UKé─˘s coach and UK players do?...They save the little kitties and UKé─˘s coach buys toys for sick children when they are in the hospital.é─¨

You have now ridden the fear that your children may consider going to (or even near) the University of Louisville. Eventually, they will not even date or associate with people who are Louisville fans. One problem that could come up (especially with the little three year old) is confusing the whole town of Louisville as a malicious group of millions of kitty drowners. If you encounter this, then you may be forced by your wife to scale back on the experiment. And doné─˘t go down the road of associating UK with God and UofL with the devilé─ÂIé─˘ve been told that is too much.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition

Pop-a-Shot Record Holder weegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forumsweegeman has a great deal of respect on the forums weegeman's Avatar

Very good advice Sky, this will really come in handy with my little one. I can only imagine what would happen in 17 years if my daughter is not good enough to make the UK cheerleading squad. Lousyville would obviously take her. So I would be forced to make a tough decision - Do I let her go to Lousy where she's only an hour drive away? OR do I say NO to Lousy and then she goes off to UCLA or somewhere and I rarely get to see her? I've already lost countless hours of sleep pondering this scenario. The plausible solution would be to encourage her to go to Morehead St. but then again, think of all the jokes she'll be subject to. Geez... Now I want to throw up. What a world we have created.... So I guess I'll just have to pray she makes UK's squad... either that or talk my wife into letting her play softball.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Whatever you do- DON'T let her go to EKU.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

A good waste of 14 minutes from my favorite comedian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiFrfeJ8dKM

Funny stuff!

A big day today at the house. We are finally entering the digital age with Dish HD.

My timing couldn't be worse. I just missed a whole month of nationally televised games. Looks like the Cats are only on ESPN once or so in the next month. I don't know if CBS is broadcast on HD or not.

I am sure I can spend countless hours watching pretty much anything in HD most notably "Cooking with Paula" Deen (seriously our family is big fans of Paula.)

Now if I could just get an internet connection at the house I would be set. It has been an ongoing 5 year conspiricy against me.

Quick! Edit out the Paula Deen part before someone else sees it!

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

I second that...I would rather listen to a Mississippi State fan attempt to spell the state name, than watch Paula Dean. I think Rocky and Storm would become friends before I watch that show again...haha

Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Quick! Edit out the Paula Deen part before someone else sees it!
    ...it's in HD, it's not like I would really watch it in standard definition and it's only if nothing else is on. I do good to keep our TV off of Billy Ray Cyrus' offspring.

...besides, if my wife can learn to cook like Paula, then it will all pay off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 12345611 ... LastLast