+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old age begins its assault on me.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Old age begins its assault on me.

While I am not the most athletic guy around, I don't do too bad. I play lawyer league basketball and softball (though truly this should just be called beer league), run the occasional 5 or 10K, and I like to golf.

However, over the last month, my right shoulder has begun to bother me. Over the past 4-5 years, I would experience some soreness after a softball game as my right arm is my throwing arm - but nothing significant.

Now, I am having trouble with very routine tasks like picking up my baby or certain routine movements with my shoulder. I do not have a significant range of motion problem. So I finally broke down and went to an orthopedic doctor today. Possible rotator cuff tear and definite tendinitis.

Old age has begun its assault.

Staff Sergeant JagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forums JagGator007's Avatar

Re: Old age begins its assault on me.

Good luck with the rotator cuff. My dad had rotator cuff problems and today he can't get his arm above head height, and he's a very athletic guy.

Hopefully you got it early enough.

“Coach Kiffin told me he respected my decision to go with Tech,” said McCoy, who said he still gets hand-written letters from Kiffin every week. “But he told me it broke his heart when he heard I committed and said he wanted me to come up on Oct. 31. He said he was hired on my birthday, Dec. 1, and that made it destiny for me to come to Tennessee.

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    While I am not the most athletic guy around, I don't do too bad. I play lawyer league basketball and softball (though truly this should just be called beer league), run the occasional 5 or 10K, and I like to golf.

However, over the last month, my right shoulder has begun to bother me. Over the past 4-5 years, I would experience some soreness after a softball game as my right arm is my throwing arm - but nothing significant.

Now, I am having trouble with very routine tasks like picking up my baby or certain routine movements with my shoulder. I do not have a significant range of motion problem. So I finally broke down and went to an orthopedic doctor today. Possible rotator cuff tear and definite tendinitis.

Old age has begun its assault.
    you'll live with it, there are worse things, and its certainly not a sign of old age but abuse in young age.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Resident Paleocon deterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forums deterp's Avatar

Old age my floozie!

ASIDs for the tendonitis.
    Then an MRI for the rotator and probably a scope.
    As you have a desk job, you shouldn't be off work for more than a couple of weeks along with probably 6 weeks of therapy....maybe less depending on the tear. No sports for that time tho.

Do it now before the arthritis sets in.

PS, the man's had both rotators done. He was working heavy industry at the time but was off only 5 weeks each. One rotator was so badly torn the Doc just finished the tear before putting it all back together. Recovery prospects are great if you follow the doctor's/therapist's orders.
    "The people should have as little to do as may be about the government. They lack information and are constantly liable to be misled."

U.S. Rep Roger Sherman

BANNED F250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forums

My right shoulder bothers me too, but I pulled it out of socket a few months ago.

Staff Sergeant bammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forumsbammanmr has a great deal of respect on the forums bammanmr's Avatar

yeah, i'd get that thing checked.

i thought you were going to talk about your sight degerating (mine went from 20/20 at 32 to 20/80 at 36) or hair starting to grow out of your ears.

all of my 'tough it out' episodes from my youth caught up with me in my mid 30s. both ankles, knee, shoulder all felt like they just gave out one year. since then i've had to change my activites from bball, racquetball, and flag football to golf and walking to avoid surgery.
    "Run the ball, play defense, knock the hell out of the other guy" - Pat Dye

New offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, as well as head football coach Gene Chizik, have emphasized that running the football will be emphasized in spring training and in games this fall. Even if that is the case the Tigers will likely throw the football a lot in Malzahn’s system. His 2008 Tulsa team passed for 3,838 yards. In Auburn football history, the most passing yards in a single season is 3,282 in 1997. In 2007 at Tulsa, Malzahn’s offense produced 5,194 passing yards. - ITAT 3/17/09

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

I saw the surgery on the shoulder, my mom had chronic shoulder dislocation, just as I do, they basically took her arm off and put it back on. I'd rather wake up with it out of socket than have the surgery.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deterp View Post
    Old age my floozie!

ASIDs for the tendonitis.
    Then an MRI for the rotator and probably a scope.
    As you have a desk job, you shouldn't be off work for more than a couple of weeks along with probably 6 weeks of therapy....maybe less depending on the tear. No sports for that time tho.

Do it now before the arthritis sets in.

PS, the man's had both rotators done. He was working heavy industry at the time but was off only 5 weeks each. One rotator was so badly torn the Doc just finished the tear before putting it all back together. Recovery prospects are great if you follow the doctor's/therapist's orders.
    Though I will be very hesitant about any surgery, I will not be taking time off - anbother than the day of surgery. I don't need a shoulder or arm to work.

I say old age, because it is likely JUST tendinitis, though I imagine that f the anti-inflammatory hasn't worked in 3 weeks, I will be off for an MRI.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

It may not be a good thing man but it's definitely better than the alternative.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

I had my right one done in 02 and a decompression. Best piece of advice, if you can still function with it, skip the surgery as long as possible.

I have had 4 knee surgeries and the shoulder was worse than any of them. You are looking at probably 6 weeks in a wing brace, followed by 6 weks with it strapped to your body. Followed by two months or more of therapy just to get back to 75% to 85%.

Same injury that cost Jeff Bagwell his career.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast