+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bamadan's Insights

Master Gunnery Sergeant Bamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forums Bamadan's Avatar

Bamadan's Insights

I have never tried blogging, but what I will do here is give you my personal ramblings for positive living. This is inspired by a movie that I watched recently, recommended by Smarty, called The Secret. What is the secret you ask, Fanatics? Basically, it is the Law of Attraction. More or less, what you perceive is what you get. If you are positive, you attract positive. If you are negative, you attract negative. I am using the principles in The Secret to help lead a better life as far as money, relationships, and health.

You can get more info on The Secret from http://www.thesecret.tv. I stand by it, and when I apply the principles in The Secret, I will be a better person for it, and, in return, make those around me better, but the one thing is that you can only control you, and that is whose happiness should come first.

Some of my ramblings will not be from the movie directly, as evident on what is to be said next.

I don't know if this has been coined elsewhere, but if it has, my apologies to the originator:

On the golf links of life, there are no mulligans. Not everything is going to land in the fairway when you tee off. If you get in the rough, you get yourself out. It is the right club you use when you get out. You may land in a sandtrap, but you pitch your way out with a sand wedge. You land in a water hazard, but you push forward. Your goals are the hole. Not everything is going to be a hole in one, and not every green is going to make par, but it is how you play the course of life that make you the person.

Now for the principle from The Secret. Free yourself of any past resentments or disappointments you be holding of you, others, and everything.

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

Master Gunnery Sergeant MKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forums
    Unknown, but these padded walls are nice!

Re: Bamadan's Insights

Sounds like an interesting movie. And the golf quote is good to.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Bamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forums Bamadan's Avatar

I did say that only you can make yourself happy, but did you ever have trouble with other people depending on you to make them happy? That happened in my failed marriage. My ex wife depended on me to make her happy. Lord knows I tried, and it made me miserable. The Secret principle is that you should free yourself of the responsibility of making other people happy. However, you should respect and love them enough to allow them to take care of their own happiness. She never learned, and she was such a negative person. Thus, I was burned out with it, and decided on the divorce. I am not saying this is the be all, end all. Some people find a way to work through the problems, but when one wants to lead a certain life, you cannot control it. Remember, only you can control you, and try not to change people to make yourself happy. It is your choice, no matter what anyone else does. If they want to lead a negative life, it is their problem. Thus, I choose to lead a positive life.

You focus on your happiness, and your relationships will be better because they will see your positive energy.

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

Boy, Fanatics!! Today's sermon at church really hit home. It was about how you can get rid of bad habits through fasting. I have a lot of bad habits I need to eliminate, and through the Lord, I can overcome.

SO, what is the Secret principle I want to run by y'all? DO not think any negative thoughts about you, and get your attention off those things in others that don't make you feel good. Focus on the wonderful things in every person, and look for only those things. When you think negative thought about ourselves or other, it make you feel bad and eats you up inside. Changing your mindset to the positive will make you feel better and makes your perspective on other better.

Sure, it is hard to think about the great things about a person who hurt you, but shifting the focus to the positive side will help you tremendously.

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

I just hope and pray y'all are getting something out of this, and if you are, let me know here or if you do not want to share in open forum, PM me.

How about this? Sure, The Secret has great principles for making yourself happy, but true happiness comes from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Putting God first in your life will truly give you the joy and happiness that the Emeny has robbed from you, not just in the bad times, but in the good times as well. When you put God first, everything else comes together through faith.

Example: I am going through a very though time in my life. I am about to lose my only client as a self employed bookkeeper, and I need to find another job. Not only that, but lost my GF as well, and y'all knew how I put her up on a pedestal to y'all. Home issues have also made my life hard as of late. However, I am believing the Lord will see me through this hard time in my life, keeping a positive attitude as much as possible, and putting God first in my life. That comes through His Word with discipline and strength.

Read Romans 12:9-16. The verse that stands out in the passage is verse 12: Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing instant in prayer. Wait on the Lord, pray without ceasing, and rejoice in His hope that He can only give you. He will see you through the storms of life and calm the winds, and give you peace.

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

BamaDan come back...I love reading everyone of your posts. I go to ACC vs Sec, just to read your Devotions and Bible Verses. I wish we could start something like that on SECF. That golf quote was amazing. I'm printing it out right now, absolutely AWESOME.

This is one of my favorite quotes, I have way to many, but this one just sticks out to me. Nothing special in the structure, but special in every other way:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
    Joshua 1:9
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

FOUND IT:

This is one of my favorite things you have posted:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
    2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)

An abusive father; an argumentative sibling; bad grades in school; destructive relationships; embarrassing addictions; getting fired from a job—God cannot rewrite our past, so He provided us a new one.

Friends, it doesn't do us any good to hold on to the past. I come from a past that is worthy to forget. I could sit here and think, "Boy I sure hope that some day old things will pass away. I sure hope that some day all things will become new for me. Oh, God, please do something for me. Please free me from me past." But I won't do that; I will always find out what the Scriptures say about my circumstances.

God said, "If anyone is in Christ..." I know I am in Christ. The Scripture above says that if I am a believer, old things have passed away; and if something passed away, it is dead. Our past is dead. That old sinful creature that dwelled within is dead. Our old lives can only live if we resurrect them from the dead.

The devil cannot resurrect the past. He can scream all day long, but that doesn't change the fact that God says our past is dead, and He gave us a new one.

When the old self gives us problems, attempting to direct us toward a carnal lifestyle, it is time to remind ourselves of what we already know – our old self was crucified with Christ. And if our old self was crucified with Him, our old self cannot make us do anything! We must decide today that we are going to embrace the new future God provided, and then we will experience the true freedom for which we have been searching.

Daily Confession
    Father, I thank You that I am in Christ. I am a new creation. Old things have passed away, and everything has become new.
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Holy crap!!! I forgot I had this dang blog!! At least AC read it!!!

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamadan View Post
    Boy, Fanatics!! Today's sermon at church really hit home. It was about how you can get rid of bad habits through fasting. I have a lot of bad habits I need to eliminate, and through the Lord, I can overcome.

SO, what is the Secret principle I want to run by y'all? DO not think any negative thoughts about you, and get your attention off those things in others that don't make you feel good. Focus on the wonderful things in every person, and look for only those things. When you think negative thought about ourselves or other, it make you feel bad and eats you up inside. Changing your mindset to the positive will make you feel better and makes your perspective on other better.

Sure, it is hard to think about the great things about a person who hurt you, but shifting the focus to the positive side will help you tremendously.
    Correct. Those who act in the negative have a flaw(s) and it is not about them versus you, but them versus themselves. What causes them to act in that manner? Do they have an internal conflict? Have they been pulled into temptation to be jealous or to shun others?

+ Reply to Thread