+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: ***New York Yankees Thread***

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

***New York Yankees Thread***

The continuation of the previous Yankees thread.

As stated in the other thread, A-Rod will be on 60 Minutes tonight.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Master Gunnery Sergeant MKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKAU has a great deal of respect on the forums
    Unknown, but these padded walls are nice!

Re: ***2008 New York Yankees thread***

Gatorman, do us all a favor and just close this one too.

2006, congradulations on starting the longest running thread (you did start it didn't you), but the Yankees aren't nicknamed the evil empire for no reason.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Cap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MKAU View Post

2006, congradulations on starting the longest running thread (you did start it didn't you), but the Yankees aren't nicknamed the evil empire for no reason.
    I closed the other one. I thought the 666 fit the Yanks.

And dawgstud being the last person to post in it made it even better.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

That thread was in no way the longest running thread. Hell I"m not even sure it was in the top 3. I don't see a point in closing it just based on length but that's just me.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

It was probably the longest running baseball thread, thats for sure.

Here's to another 666.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Longest running thread is the 1000+ true-false game thread....of course it's dead now LOL
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Gunnery Sergeant Trav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forums Trav's Avatar

Any Andy Pettite fans around?

From the NY Daily News-- Mike Lupica
    When asked about the story at the time, here is what Andy Pettitte, who now says he has worked hard his entire life to do things the right way, said: "I've never used any drugs to enhance my performance in baseball. I don't know what to say except that it's embarrassing that my name would be out there."
    That was when his name was mentioned with the Jason Grimsley story.

Now he claims he only did it twice, and just so happened to get caught both times.
    “I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow. I felt an obligation to get back to my team as soon as possible," Pettitte said. "For this reason, and only this reason, for two days I tried human growth hormone. Though it was not against baseball rules, I was not comfortable with what I was doing, so I stopped.

“This is it - two days out of my life; two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list.

“If what I did was an error in judgment on my part, I apologize. I accept responsibility for those two days. Everything else written or said about me knowingly using illegal drugs is nonsense, wrong and hurtful. I have the utmost respect for baseball and have always tried to live my life in a way that would be honorable. I wasn’t looking for an edge; I was looking to heal."
    Unfortunately, doctors have given this reply:
    "Dr. Gary Wadler, a steroids expert and a World Anti-Doping Agency advisor, said Pettitte’s explanation doesn’t pass muster. Human growth hormone is approved by the FDA for limited uses such as dwarfism in children, AIDS wasting or pituitary deficiencies.

“HGH should only be prescribed by a doctor; it is a highly controlled drug and one of the few that can’t be prescribed for off-label uses,” Wadler said. “It has very limited legit uses. An elbow injury would not be a government-approved use of human growth hormone.”

Wadler also said two days’ use wouldn’t help. “And if this was prescribed by a doctor or trainer, that person could be charged,” Wadler said. “If self-prescribed, Pettitte could be charged.”

And he is the more honest of the two Yankee cheaters. Ha!
    SEC mother****in rah rah

(except Tennessee. **** them)

Vote for a 3rd party next time around.

Fascinating project that preserves the memories of combat veterans.

ATravLedLife.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
    I closed the other one. I thought the 666 fit the Yanks.

And dawgstud being the last person to post in it made it even better.
    It was closed because it had 666 posts? Thats it?

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2006 National Champions View Post
    It was closed because it had 666 posts? Thats it?
    Pretty weak.

Planning a Summer trip to the Bronx. Can't f'ing wait to see NYC for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbabe aka "Skankalicious" View Post
    Dawgstud is SECF's Calipari ......

Gunnery Sergeant Trav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forums Trav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    Pretty weak.

Planning a Summer trip to the Bronx. Can't f'ing wait to see NYC for the first time.
    I have to say, Yankee Stadium is a dump. It's historic circa the 80's renovation. The new one looks pretty good though.
    SEC mother****in rah rah

(except Tennessee. **** them)

Vote for a 3rd party next time around.

Fascinating project that preserves the memories of combat veterans.

ATravLedLife.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1234561151 ... LastLast