+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kentucky's Brooks to UCLA??

Gunnery Sergeant socalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forums socalwildcat's Avatar

Kentucky's Brooks to UCLA??

What a surprise. In today's LA Times (Dwyre, p D-7) potential candidates to replace fired Karl Dorrell, in addition to Chris Petersen at Boise State and Rick Neuheisel at Ravens, was Rich Brooks of UK!!

Rich Brooks, around the Pac-10 for a long time, 18 years at Oregon, former Pac-10 coach of the year. In the last few years, has turned Kentucky football into something other than an after thought at a basketball school. Sound familiar?
    Is this remotely possible?

I never though Brooks was the best choice for Kentucky and he makes even less sense for UCLA, imo.
    GO BIG BLUE!

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Re: Kentucky's Brooks to UCLA??

Well that would make sense but I'm not sure how probable that is but what a blow that would be to Kentucky in my opinion.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

BANNED F250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forumsF250MustangGuy has a great deal of respect on the forums

I figured UCLA might go after Croom to avoid the "racist" perception that comes with firing a black coach

Gunnery Sergeant socalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forumssocalwildcat has a great deal of respect on the forums socalwildcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F250MustangGuy View Post
    I figured UCLA might go after Croom to avoid the "racist" perception that comes with firing a black coach
    Actually, I think UCLA is OK with that with the media. Dorrell was given a big time HC job with no prior experience and got five years to prove himself. He just didn't win enough and was very inconsistent
    GO BIG BLUE!

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Too old.......
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

I called this middle of the year,I dont know if he goes but he will get some offers.

Staff Sergeant ConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forumsConwayGamecock has a great deal of respect on the forums

Being on the short list doesn't mean he will go. Brooks wants to become UK's longest tenured HC or something like that......maybe UK's oldest HC ever, or something......and then retire to Oregon, where he'll be the honorary microphone holder for the pre-game coin flips at the Duck's home games. Rich still has 4 or so more years at UK to set the record, I believe.....

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Peterson is not interested.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

+ Reply to Thread