+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU is still Undefeated... in regulation!

Sergeant Bayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forumsBayou Bengal 72 has a great deal of respect on the forums Bayou Bengal 72's Avatar

LSU LSU is still Undefeated... in regulation!

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles.../d8t5lblo0.prt

Les Miles: LSU still undefeated _ in regulation

BATON ROUGE, La. - Talk about a blue Monday.

LSU _ No. 1 in both the Bowl Championship Series and Associated Press polls a week ago _ was out of the BCS title picture and No. 5 in the rankings on Monday.

The Tigers were done in by a triple-overtime 50-48 loss to Arkansas last Friday.

It was not a subject coach Les Miles wanted to dwell on.

"I like to talk about what we are and not what we lost," Miles said. "I look at a team that hasn't lost a game in regulation. There has not been a team that has beaten us in 60 minutes."

Entering Saturday's Southeastern Conference championship game against 14th-ranked Tennessee in Atlanta, the Tigers are 10-2. Both defeats came in triple overtime. Kentucky beat LSU 43-37 in October.

"This type of overtime is just as flawed as any," Miles said. "The way we have to decide the game, it takes out the length of the field. This overtime system is imperfect, but a darned good system."

Miles acknowledged it took him a while to get over Friday's defeat at the hands of the Razorbacks.

"I didn't have a great Friday," Miles said. "On Saturday, I didn't spit the bit real quick. Then, I looked at all those other nationally ranked teams Saturday. It helped me watching those teams. I looked at who they played and who they lost to. It helped me a lot."

LSU would need upsets of top-ranked Missouri and second-ranked West Virginia to have a chance to get back into the BCS championship game picture. Missouri plays Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game and West Virginia plays host to Pittsburgh.

"I'm a pretty optimistic guy," Miles said. "I don't do too much figuring out (which teams have to lose). I only work on what I can control. We still have an opportunity, but it may not be the kind of odds I'd bet my house on."

Miles is content to be playing Tennessee for the SEC title. He took his first LSU team to the league championship game in 2005, where the Tigers were beaten 34-14 by Georgia.

"We are right where I want to be, playing for (the SEC) title," Miles said. "Only two (SEC) teams are practicing this week to play for a conference championship. I'm thrilled to be one of them."

Miles emphasized that LSU is the only BCS team which has not lost a game in regulation this season.

"If we had ties like the old system, we'd be unbeaten with two ties," Miles said. "Maybe, that comes out to one loss."

A service of the Associated Press(AP)
    LOUISIANA - A DECADE OF CHAMPIONS

and Nine NCAA Track & Field Titles
    2000, 2001, 2002 (2), 2003 (2), 2004(2) and 2008

Thank You very much! Have a GREAT day!

GEAUX TIGERS!

Staff Sergeant danny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forumsdanny_d_lsu has a great deal of respect on the forums danny_d_lsu's Avatar

Re: LSU is still Undefeated... in regulation!

I like the optimism but it still doesn't make up for the lost. Oh well, like he said the Tigers are still undefeated...................................in regulation.

Geaux Tigers

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forums HunkerDown's Avatar

Wow......

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

CFB overtime is screwy. Each team should get the ball at the fifty, points should have to be earned. As it is now, you can get zero yards on three plays and still be in great FG range.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Master Gunnery Sergeant GoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forums GoBigO's Avatar

Tennessee is 7-3 in regulation football ; 2-0 in overtimes this year.
    "I'm not going to sell this program and what we're about to do in a sound bite. It's impossible...I can tell you this, everything we do is going to be with a foundation of integrity in every aspect of the program. We're going to represent this institution with class, on and off the field, and we're going to be a fun team to watch." - Tennessee Head Football Coach Derek Dooley

1/10/10
    #16 Tennessee 76, #1 Kansas 68

Tuscaloosa - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Coach Kiffin cared about Tennessee traditions less than the worst Vol hater in the state in Alabama. That man's a snake."
    - Josh McNeil, Former Vols Lineman

Staff Sergeant Fighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums Fighting_Tiger's Avatar

don't post this!!! it makes us look like Alabama fans... lol... :P

Master Gunnery Sergeant GoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forums GoBigO's Avatar

"I'm not going to sell this program and what we're about to do in a sound bite. It's impossible...I can tell you this, everything we do is going to be with a foundation of integrity in every aspect of the program. We're going to represent this institution with class, on and off the field, and we're going to be a fun team to watch." - Tennessee Head Football Coach Derek Dooley

1/10/10
    #16 Tennessee 76, #1 Kansas 68

Tuscaloosa - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Coach Kiffin cared about Tennessee traditions less than the worst Vol hater in the state in Alabama. That man's a snake."
    - Josh McNeil, Former Vols Lineman

Staff Sergeant Fighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums Fighting_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigO View Post
    Tennessee is 7-3 in regulation football ; 2-0 in overtimes this year.
    We have the reverse OT record... that means IF we are going to win we need to do it in regulation then.....

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

This is like claiming to be the best at running back punts into the sun with a slight cross wind in a driving snow.
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Proud Member RNT Fan Club CrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forums CrimsonPirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Tiger View Post
    don't post this!!! it makes us look like Alabama fans... lol... :P
    ................... not!
    :shake:

Btw, what does the :P stand for?
    Attention: This sign is private. Do not read!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast