+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss fraternity suspended for a year over racial incident

Master Sergeant CShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forums

Ole Miss fraternity suspended for a year over racial incident

A University of Mississippi fraternity has been suspended for a year after a black student said he was the victim of a racial slur and a physical assault at a party, school officials said Friday.

Freshman Jeremiah Taylor, 18, said he was pushed down the stairs while attending a Delta Kappa Epsilon party Aug. 22 on the Oxford campus, according to school officials. The student newspaper, The Daily Mississippian, reported Friday on its Web site that Taylor said he was called the N-word at the party.

Taylor, of Southaven, filed a complaint on Aug. 24 with the Dean of Students' office, said Jeffrey Alford, Associate Vice Chancellor for university relations at Ole Miss.

Alford said the party got out of hand and people were asked to leave. Taylor told Mississippi Public Broadcasting in a Sept. 10 radio report that he was on his way downstairs, when "a guy in an orange shirt threw a beer can at me and hit me in my left shoulder." Then others shoved him down the stairs, he said.

Ole Miss officials said Friday the school's judicial council had found the historically white fraternity guilty of violations of harassment, assault, disorderly conduct, possession of alcohol and hosting an unauthorized party.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_olemiss

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Re: Ole Miss fraternity suspended for a year over racial incident

Good for Ole Miss and that's definitely the right call in my opinion.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Proud Member RNT Fan Club CrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forumsCrimsonPirate has a great deal of respect on the forums CrimsonPirate's Avatar

Ole Miss officials said Friday the school's judicial council had found the historically white fraternity guilty of violations of harassment, assault, disorderly conduct, possession of alcohol and hosting an unauthorized party.
    The school is correct in meting out punishment. I just didn't know a frat had to have authorization to host a party. Shows how much I know, but then I never was one who had to worry about being in a fraternity. Jax State didn't have social fraternities when I was in school (the first time).
    Attention: This sign is private. Do not read!

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

Someone using the N-word at Ole Miss?!?!? Shocker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbabe aka "Skankalicious" View Post
    Dawgstud is SECF's Calipari ......

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Cap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forums

Suspended over a false accusation. The guy who said he was harassed is a loser looking to get rich quick. He rarely comes to class and when he does show up to class he sleeps the whole time.

Master Sergeant CShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
    Suspended over a false accusation. The guy who said he was harassed is a loser looking to get rich quick. He rarely comes to class and when he does show up to class he sleeps the whole time.
    Oh, so it was YOU!

Gunnery Sergeant GAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forumsGAMECOCKBOY has a great deal of respect on the forums GAMECOCKBOY's Avatar

how do u know he is a loser?

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

You may be right since you know more about it than I do but I don't think it means much that he rarely goes to class or when he does go he sleeps the whole time. I could name tons of people that were like that.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

I thought those were called freshmen and sophomores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbabe aka "Skankalicious" View Post
    Dawgstud is SECF's Calipari ......

Master Gunnery Sergeant boxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forums boxvic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPirate View Post
    The school is correct in meting out punishment. I just didn't know a frat had to have authorization to host a party. Shows how much I know, but then I never was one who had to worry about being in a fraternity. Jax State didn't have social fraternities when I was in school (the first time).
    Most unis now require frats to hold authorized parties. They include guest lists, and the frat cannot provide alcohol, all alcohol must me be brought in by only 21+ party goers. And if minors are caught drinking then the frat is screwed.
    -----------------------
    Trump is going to raise my taxes. Thank you o'sanctified one, all I've ever wanted was a tax increase!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast