+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which blogs do the best "hard news" reporting about your team?

Master Sergeant CShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forumsCShine has a great deal of respect on the forums

Which blogs do the best "hard news" reporting about your team?

I bring this subject up because I've thoroughly enjoyed Phillip Marshall's reporting on Auburn in his "Tracking the Tigers" blog. He's been the regular AU beat writer for the Huntsville Times for eons now and he also writes regular columns for the AU site on Scout.com. He's attended Auburn's preseason practices on a near-daily basis, and now that practice is in full-swing, he routinely blogs 2-4 lengthy and detailed posts every single day with lots of good, hard info.

It occurred to me that I might like to follow other blogs out there which are highly devoted to one specific team. If you know of any sites of this kind I would appreciate a link to them. Thanx in advance.
    Last edited by CShine; 08-16-2007 at 12:21 AM.

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

Re: Which blogs do the best "hard news" reporting about your team?

http://www.burntorangenation.com/

Get great info from this blog.

Corporal UGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUGAdawg17 has a great deal of respect on the forums

For UGA i would have to go with two right now. Chip Towers at the AJC has been doing a fantastic job. He has been doing a "live update" blog throughout the day. He will post a starter story then as people interact he answers questions, post his insight on things being talked about also giving nearly to the minute updates as he gets them. If you can get past some of the BS on there then it is great blog.

IMO the one that is the best is David Ching. He always does a complete breakdown of his post practice interviews from every practice. Along with numerous stories as they come up. He is also the beat writer for the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Really a very good job and very thorough.

Staff Sergeant JagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forumsJagGator007 has a great deal of respect on the forums JagGator007's Avatar

UF blogs start and end with everdayshouldbesaturday.com ... actually all CFB blogs start and end with EDSBS. Not actually that much info on the Gators or anyone in particular, but the funniest site anywhere, hands down.

For serious stuff, gatorsports.com is doing a surprisingly good job this season.

“Coach Kiffin told me he respected my decision to go with Tech,” said McCoy, who said he still gets hand-written letters from Kiffin every week. “But he told me it broke his heart when he heard I committed and said he wanted me to come up on Oct. 31. He said he was hired on my birthday, Dec. 1, and that made it destiny for me to come to Tennessee.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UGAdawg17 View Post
    For UGA i would have to go with two right now. Chip Towers at the AJC has been doing a fantastic job. He has been doing a "live update" blog throughout the day. He will post a starter story then as people interact he answers questions, post his insight on things being talked about also giving nearly to the minute updates as he gets them. If you can get past some of the BS on there then it is great blog.

IMO the one that is the best is David Ching. He always does a complete breakdown of his post practice interviews from every practice. Along with numerous stories as they come up. He is also the beat writer for the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Really a very good job and very thorough.
    I agree with you on Towers. He does a great job and I love reading his blogs.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

+ Reply to Thread