+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Pearl

Hybrid View

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Bruce Pearl

I just read a lengthy interview done with him by Gator Country about the state of the SEC and the Tennessee program; his passion for the game and its history; where he thinks basketball in the SEC is heading, etc. Anyway, all I can say is damn him all the hell How are you supposed to hate a rival coach that is so respectful, sincere, passionate and easy to like? Pearl and Donovan are pretty much the exact opposite in their interaction via the media or otherwise with their open and mutual respect, etc opposed to the way Spurrier and Fulmer fueled the hate in the Florida-Tennessee rivalry in their sport. Think in hoops it is destined to also develop into a great rivalry, but maybe not with the hate the football rivalry has because of the coaches involved and how they set the tone. Pearl is good for the SEC as well as Tennessee.

Can't believe I just typed this about a Tennessee coach and don't even regret it LOL

By the way, this quote was funny...
    “It was my goal to become the least popular coach in the SEC in two years and here you are, telling me I’m popular,” said Pearl with a laugh. “Am I doing something wrong? Tell me. I’ll change. I can do it!”

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Re: Bruce Pearl

Gatorman32 = Closet VOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky@theTop View Post
    Bruce Pearl = Closet GATOR!
    Could be true

GBO, no thanks LOL With all due respect, I like my orange with blue

Master Gunnery Sergeant GoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forums GoBigO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    I just read a lengthy interview done with him by Gator Country about the state of the SEC and the Tennessee program; his passion for the game and its history; where he thinks basketball in the SEC is heading, etc. Anyway, all I can say is damn him all the hell How are you supposed to hate a rival coach that is so respectful, sincere, passionate and easy to like? Pearl and Donovan are pretty much the exact opposite in their interaction via the media or otherwise with their open and mutual respect, etc opposed to the way Spurrier and Fulmer fueled the hate in the Florida-Tennessee rivalry in their sport. Think in hoops it is destined to also develop into a great rivalry, but maybe not with the hate the football rivalry has because of the coaches involved and how they set the tone. Pearl is good for the SEC as well as Tennessee.

Can't believe I just typed this about a Tennessee coach and don't even regret it LOL

By the way, this quote was funny...
    Good stuff!

BTW, the Vol nation will welcome you with open arms.
    "I'm not going to sell this program and what we're about to do in a sound bite. It's impossible...I can tell you this, everything we do is going to be with a foundation of integrity in every aspect of the program. We're going to represent this institution with class, on and off the field, and we're going to be a fun team to watch." - Tennessee Head Football Coach Derek Dooley

1/10/10
    #16 Tennessee 76, #1 Kansas 68

Tuscaloosa - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Coach Kiffin cared about Tennessee traditions less than the worst Vol hater in the state in Alabama. That man's a snake."
    - Josh McNeil, Former Vols Lineman

Master Gunnery Sergeant UA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUA37 has a great deal of respect on the forums UA37's Avatar

It sucks having such respect for someone who wears that ugly ass orange.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UASTUDENT37 View Post
    YeahĶ what he said. Lets all wear one or another shade of red and look like ? of the conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UA37 View Post
    You got that right.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Master Gunnery Sergeant GoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoBigO has a great deal of respect on the forums GoBigO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaguy31015 View Post
    You got that right.
    Those feelings do tend to happen when you start out 0-4 against him.
    "I'm not going to sell this program and what we're about to do in a sound bite. It's impossible...I can tell you this, everything we do is going to be with a foundation of integrity in every aspect of the program. We're going to represent this institution with class, on and off the field, and we're going to be a fun team to watch." - Tennessee Head Football Coach Derek Dooley

1/10/10
    #16 Tennessee 76, #1 Kansas 68

Tuscaloosa - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Coach Kiffin cared about Tennessee traditions less than the worst Vol hater in the state in Alabama. That man's a snake."
    - Josh McNeil, Former Vols Lineman

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigO View Post
    Those feelings do tend to happen when you start out 0-4 against him.
    Yes it does unfortunately lol.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Bruce Pearl is a great coach for the Tennessee program, because he's embraced the other programs at the school as well. He gets it, and he does indeed know how to be unpopular. Pearl is just like Noah... you like them if they are on your side, but both are rather annoying. Let's see if he can get UT to an Elite 8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast