+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feel bad for Fox, but...

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: Feel bad for Fox, but...

Rick Pitino, LOL, that guy's coaching prospects are beyond done. Or at least they should be.

Bama Man is right, it's all about talent. A team can have the greatest coach in the world, but they won't win every year or be a championship contender without reloading. There's a huge difference between SEC schools like TAMU, UGA, Alabama, UT and Kentucky. The former schools might have a good run for a couple to a few years, but then they hit the ceiling because the talent's gone. Kentucky reloads every year. Half their team leaves (which are freshman) and new talent walks in and doesn't miss a beat. It's about talent, and in order to get talent, a school has to recruit well..

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Rick Pitino, LOL, that guy's coaching prospects are beyond done. Or at least they should be.

Bama Man is right, it's all about talent. A team can have the greatest coach in the world, but they won't win every year or be a championship contender without reloading. There's a huge difference between SEC schools like TAMU, UGA, Alabama, UT and Kentucky. The former schools might have a good run for a couple to a few years, but then they hit the ceiling because the talent's gone. Kentucky reloads every year. Half their team leaves (which are freshman) and new talent walks in and doesn't miss a beat. It's about talent, and in order to get talent, a school has to recruit well..
    I think he was talking about Richard....lol...not Rick

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg4life View Post
    I'm not discounting recruiting at all, but to a point, recruiting doesn't really matter when you have a controlling coach that is too worried about mistakes than letting the kids just figure it out. I'm sorry but while recruiting was good not great, one bust is an accident, two busts may be a trend, and three or more and you're pointing fingers elsewhere from the players and it's all on Mark Fox. Since none of the juniors, outside maybe Ogbeide, fit the way HE wants to do things, he has NO idea of what to do with them and due to that, every one of them have busted.
    I can agree with that, Fox isn't a great developer of talent and has really screwed up while having some very talented players.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

For what it's worth, if what I read is correct, it sounds like Mark Fox's time is indeed going to come to a close after this season. I can't find the actual link to an article but I read it on a forum today.

If Fox survived to next year - and I don’t say this to be dramatic - people would be more than stunned. There will be a move made at that sport, and the important thing to consider here is that McGarity will be the one making the change and hiring whoever it might be that will replace Fox.
    I tried to find it but my guess is this is something that was taken off of Rivals.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    UGA has one good player. That is not enough.
    I wouldn't go that far...lol...We def have more than "one good player"....lol

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    The big deal is that we don't have a point guard who can drive and dish.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    The big deal is that we don't have a point guard who can drive and dish.
    This is also true. Or at least understand the intricacies of the game. We have a lot of scoring guards that aren't really table setters.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    The better SEC teams have more. We only have three. King Auburn probably has four or five.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...m/stats/_/id/2

Sure enough they do. Maten can't do it all by himself. By "good player" I mean a dude who would play a lot for almost any team.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Like I've said, recruiting could have been better for Georgia basketball wise, but it's improving.

There are other issues. Fox is fine with developing post players but when you get into the post players that have much more of a modern, open floor kind of game and can work both on the perimeter and in the post, since it's beyond his league he gets scared of what they're doing, constricts them, and as a result they lose confidence.

We pretty much saw the picture of this with Hammonds. He is a talented young guy, but he's much more of a modern SF/PF then your old school banger, and because of his kind of game, it's out of Mark Fox's league and he has lost his confidence because of how Fox constricts you.

College teams can make it work with a defensive minded attitude but they need to have at least some kind of motive on offense.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast