+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who's going Pro Early?

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Re: Who's going Pro Early?

Add Will Clapp to LSU's list.
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zud the hut View Post
    Add Will Clapp to LSU's list.
    Seems like the LSU players are going pro one by one!

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

If Roquan Smith stays, which actually seems somewhat possible, that changes everything and you can forget what I said about Georgia on defense earlier. His mom apparently wants him to stay and it's closer to 50/50 than one may think. I think Baker stays because while he's looked good, he hasn't been mentioned as a prospect, yet.

Michel and Chubb are big losses but the beat is likely to just go on at running back for Georgia...
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Yeah, I would think we would be "better", although the record may not be the same. I expect Florida and Tennessee to be better next season. We will be better because it is year 3 of the defense and our QB will get another year in the system.

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgilicious View Post
    Yeah, I would think we would be "better", although the record may not be the same. I expect Florida and Tennessee to be better next season.
    I didn’t expect either Florida or Tennessee to be good, but the way they collapsed surprised me. I don’t think Florida’s situation is actually that dire, they played hard and looked okay considering the suspension situation until the McElwain death threats thing came out, then Randy Shannon was their interim and had a few very talented young players on offense, but Tennessee…yeah. Just like with South Carolina after the end of career Spurrier issues (and I’ve ate crow about it on the other forum), I will be shocked if Pruitt makes them very competitive quickly. I think Pruitt has a chance to be a good head coach but for him to have a chance at Tennessee, Fulmer will need to be patient.

Georgia is not going to be going away under Smart, but just...the stars won't align like it did this year again with the bad division. Georgia could be better in a year like 2019 but with a lower SRS due to a more competitive division.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forums HunkerDown's Avatar

Roquan gone. Hope the Niners get him at 9 or 10.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Consensus All-American inside linebacker Roquan Smith has declared for the NFL Draft.

"I think back to growing up in Macon County and all the family and community people of my hometown that provided so many opportunities," Smith said, in a release from the team. "The teachers who educated me, the coaches who taught me how to play the games, and those who taught me how to play football all contributed to where I am today. And I can’t believe how fortunate I have been to be part of the Georgia Bulldog family these past three years. I owe so much to the Athletic Association, our academic staff, student services, and the University faculty and administration for the environment in which I’ve been able to grow.

“I’m so grateful for my teammates who have always supported me every step of the way. And no thanks are enough for the coaches and staff who have provided the leadership, inspiration, and tireless hours in helping me develop as a player but also as a man. What we accomplished this year is only the beginning of what’s to come for this program. I’m proud to be a part of the foundation that Coach Smart is building on and his leadership and direction are going to bring many more great times and memories to the Bulldog Nation.

“As you know this is somewhat of a crossroads for me. I’ve had discussions with coaches and family and a lot of thought and prayer. The decision to leave is not easy but I know it is the right one. Georgia will always be my school and my home and I sincerely wish all the best to the coaches, staff, and players as they continue to reach higher goals in the years to come.”

The junior from Montezuma, Ga. was thought to be torn with the decision, but he is widely projected to be a first-round pick after an incredible season in which he led Georgia with 137 tackles and 6.5 sacks while winning the Butkus Award and SEC Defensive Player of the Year by the AP and coaches.

“Words cannot describe how much Roquan has meant to our program," Bulldogs' head coach Kirby Smart said, in the team statement. "The accolades he has received are a testimony to his ability as a player. But he has also demonstrated on and off the field the qualities of a great leader who has commanded the respect of all his teammates as well as our coaching and support staffs. As the head coach, it’s been a privilege to see him develop as a student-athlete and inspirational leader who has made immeasurable contributions to our team and to the program we are building. While we will miss him, we wish him all the best and know that great success awaits him at the next level.”

Smith shined on the brightest stage, with 13 tackles and nine solo stops in the College Football Playoff National Championship against Alabama and 11 tackles in the Rose Bowl win over Oklahoma. Junior defensive tackle Trenton Thompson declared for the NFL Draft on Friday. The deadline to declare is Monday. Junior cornerback Deandre Baker, center Lamont Gaillard, and wide receiver Terry Godwin were also thought to be considering their options, while redshirt sophomore safety J.R. Reed and junior defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter stated before the Rose Bowl they intend to return for another season.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

I can't see coming back to school when you're a projected 1st round pick. How can one improve on that next year?
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

I can't see coming back to school when you're a projected 1st round pick. How can one improve on that next year?
    Agreed. Maybe if you're an end of the first round guy in a super deep draft at a value position like QB you come back to try and be a top-5 pick but if you're projected jn the top 15, get that money!

HD, can't see Niners taking him even tho I'd love it. We have Foster and hopefully a healthy Malcolm Smith next year and with the gigantic holes at DB and WR, we gotta draft on need. Get Jimmy G. some help or help the back end on defense. If somehow Minkah is available at 10, we better run to the damn podium and draft him. Or Ridley, that'd be nice too but I'm afraid it'll be Jackson, the CB from Iowa. He's a good player but not sure he's worth a top ten pick.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Well that's true, but projections are projections. A lot of guys who are envisioned to be chosen in the 1st round fall into the 2nd and 3rd, etc. They have no control over that. Then one has to hope they aren't projected a mid or earlier 1st and then fall to a late 1st like Aaron Rodgers..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast