+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Bama

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Congrats Bama

Congrats, 'Bama. It was a helluva game. It just didn't end the way we wanted it to.
    Go Dawgs!

Gunnery Sergeant lbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forums

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Georgia will not be back next year. It's not a situation in which you can say Georgia will reload, save it for me on new staff new direction, you lose the front 7 talent that Georgia will and the defense will take a step back. Not as big as the last time there was a somewhat similar situation with that other coach but it will be noticeable.

The guys in the secondary graduating are not a loss though at all.

You can pretty much predict what Georgia's season will be next season. Georgia will go 11-3 in all and get blasted in the SECCG.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Gunnery Sergeant lbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg4life View Post
    Georgia will not be back next year. It's not a situation in which you can say Georgia will reload, save it for me on new staff new direction, you lose the front 7 talent that Georgia will and the defense will take a step back. Not as big as the last time there was a somewhat similar situation with that other coach but it will be noticeable.

The guys in the secondary graduating are not a loss though at all.

You can pretty much predict what Georgia's season will be next season. Georgia will go 11-3 in all and get blasted in the SECCG.
    Georgia will reload and upgrade next year on the OL. If baker comes back the secondary will be very good. The DL is in a bad spot if Thompson, Ledbetter, Walker, and Clark decide to leave. I don't buy into the 'don't worry UGA WILL be back next year'. You can't count on chances like this to come around often.

Staff Sergeant Fighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsFighting_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums Fighting_Tiger's Avatar

What a game! I am a little jealous of all the fans that got to watch this game without having to stop and think " Holy ***** we have to play both of these teams next year" after every huge play... I have to say my adult beverages seemed to disappear every time that thought entered my head.... ( not to mention the lingering thought of how every other school in our conference manages to find kids that were on prom court last year that are head and shoulders better than every QB we have on scholarship.)

A lot of fun to watch... If nothing else the game affirmed that the playoff system worked yet again.

Congrats to both teams... UGA I know it stings but you have a lot of great memories from this season and these are some of the glory days you'll look back fondly on... Don't lose sight of that... Your team represented the university extremely well.

Bama fans you don't need any kudos from me but I'll give them to you anyway... there are two coaches in your history that can make a case to be considered the GOAT and while the rest of the nation just keeps waiting for the other shoe to drop your program just keeps reminding the rest of the country that we aren't doing something right...

If this were NASCAR they would already have changed the rules to give someone else a shot at winning (see the story of the HEMI).
    If this were the NFL your program would have to wait until everyone else loaded their roster before you could recruit ( see the draft)
    If this were Star Wars Luke Skywalker would have been offered a spaceship and a full ride to officer training when he was 14 and the rebels would have folded after the first movie.

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugabrad View Post
    Congrats, 'Bama. It was a helluva game. It just didn't end the way we wanted it to.
    Thank you. Georgia showed why they are the SEC Champion.

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Congratulations Bama! Never thought I’d be happy to see Saban win again but this will do.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

I went to bed around 11 PM because I was beat from work yesterday... of course going to bed thinking I was going to wake up in a world where UGA is college football champion. Then I happened to wake up at 3 AM and check the score.... d'oh.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

I do believe UGA had a special season with the seniors that decided to come back, but at the beginning of the year I don't think many Dawg fans thought this team would be playing for a title. They played hard and they played well, they just got beat by a team that may have had a slight edge in talent and more experience at coach.

Dawg fans should be disappointed, but proud. I do think UGA has laid a foundation for a lot of future success.

With that out of the way, I think we got a tad too conservative in the 2nd half, while Bama got a lot more aggressive. Their risk taking paid off in the end. As for the refs, I think they missed some calls both ways, but overall I think they were fair.

Moderator ECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Congrats to Alabama for the win......maybe Saban will get tired of this at some point......

I thought the key to the game in the second half was Georgia's inabliity to block Bama's interior defensive front....only on a few occasions with this showing up particularly more critically on third downs in the second half, and 4th quarter especially.

Our center and both guards had a difficult time all night for the most part. Chubb had nowhere to run all night. It's an area where we should be much improved going forward.

It's apparent why Georgia continues to recruit heavily in the secondary, where we had one of our toughest games of the season last night. We will be much more talented on the back end next year, but just with less experience, particularly early on.

Saban's 6 or ever how many it is in a row No. 1 recruiting classes showed up as the difference last night. Kirby has had 1-1/2 or 1-3/4 recruiting classes in comparison. The depth and quality of talent showed up in the fourth quarter last night IMO.

Georgia is not going anywhere.......they will just keep chopping wood as the foundation is now in place to finally win that championship in the very near future.........I'm very proud of this team and program.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast