+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All SEC National Championship Game - UGA vs Bama

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: All SEC National Championship Game - UGA vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    He picked one play and said Hurts didn't advance his reads on that stick route. I can promise you I've watched Hurts more than Jordan Rodgers has and that play he showed was far from the most egregious example. He went to his TE first, which Rodgers said was wrong but watching Alabama play, the TE on that route is almost always Hurts' first read, especially in that down/distance and field position. He will look TE then check on the short side of the field. On that play, Hurts knows the vertical is a run off, designed not to get the ball but to make the defense spread out. The out route is the third read, not the first, after the TE and the route at the top. Hurts does stare the TE down, but then he senses pressure and moves. You could say he bailed early, he does that a lot. That's his biggest issue, not standing tall and making reads. At first pressure, he takes off. He needs to take more time and look all over the field. If he has a clean pocket, he will work his reads but he's too quick to bail and he doesn't do a good job with eye discipline, looking off routes to open others up. The second play was just an underthrow, nothing you can really read into. He makes the right throw, he just didn't put enough air on it. He misses a lot of deep routes, his accuracy down the field isn't great.

But I think all these people are just piling on, Hurts does a ton of stuff really well. He keeps his composure, he doesn't throw picks, he checks to correct plays. But the issue he has of taking too much time at the LOS, leading to some burnt time outs and delays? I blame the coaches, for asking him to make checks so late in the clock. No QB can make those adjustments in the given time. Daboll often tries too hard to outsmart teams instead of trusting his calls. Kiffin would do the same at times, but that happened with both Sims and Coker as well. Thats on the staff, not Hurts.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Hurts doesn't turn the ball over and is a running threat.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Ben Cleveland is a walking muscle. 6'-6", 340# and no fat.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-B...ster-113351636
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Gunnery Sergeant lbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forumslbzdually has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    Ben Cleveland is a walking muscle. 6'-6", 340# and no fat.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-B...ster-113351636
    The biggest thing with him is that the technical aspects of blocking are starting to click. Next year's OL is going to be very strong. Andrew Thomas at LT, salyer at LG, Gaillard at C, Cleveland at RG, and probably Wilson at RT.

Private First Class SoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forums

Well the big game is tonight. Now Georgia fans may or not appreciate this, but I'm rooting for the Dawgs. I don't see either team having consistent success running the football against these two defenses, so I think it will come down to QB play. Will Hurts or Fromm have the better game? Who will make the plays to move the sticks on 3rd & 5? Who won't make the costly turnover under duress? We shall see.

I'm still a little bummed over the Sooners loss last week, but I love college football. So I hope it a good one tonight.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerChuck View Post
    Well the big game is tonight. Now Georgia fans may or not appreciate this, but I'm rooting for the Dawgs. I don't see either team having consistent success running the football against these two defenses, so I think it will come down to QB play. Will Hurts or Fromm have the better game? Who will make the plays to move the sticks on 3rd & 5? Who won't make the costly turnover under duress? We shall see.

I'm still a little bummed over the Sooners loss last week, but I love college football. So I hope it a good one tonight.
    Thanks Chuck. I think most of the free world is pulling for the Dawgs.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

After the last two games both teams played and only a week off (really less) - this one is going to be a slugfest. Don't know about UGA's injury situation but Bama's has been bad all year and they lost Lester Cotton and Anfernee Jennings vs. Clemson. Going to be a tough one for sure. I think this just shows there shouldn't be such a short gap between the semifinal and final. Then with potential coast to coast travel time less than 7 days from the semifinal to the final? Why is there a month+ between the final game of the season and the semifinal? It's always been way too drawn out.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by SCgamecock2988 View Post
    After the last two games both teams played and only a week off (really less) - this one is going to be a slugfest. Don't know about UGA's injury situation but Bama's has been bad all year and they lost Lester Cotton and Anfernee Jennings vs. Clemson. Going to be a tough one for sure. I think this just shows there shouldn't be such a short gap between the semifinal and final. Then with potential coast to coast travel time less than 7 days from the semifinal to the final? Why is there a month+ between the final game of the season and the semifinal? It's always been way too drawn out.
    Outside of Charlie Woerner who was on crutches as soon as a couple days ago (a TE) and Natrez Patrick (LB, he's at drug rehab). Georgia's fine. The one that may be big is the eye and stats both have said that Georgia's run defense isn't as strong with Patrick out. Still good, but not as great. After he returned to the starting lineup, Georgia rounded back into form and looked great vs Georgia Tech/Auburn take 2.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

2nd Lieutenant Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

The no call on the punch to Fromm's head after the play was deplorable. Then the pass interference on the uncatchable ball was tell tale the refs had it set. How do you let a player punch to the helmet and not flag it. Two refs were right on top of the play looking straight at it. The fix was on, as it too often happens in college sports.

Had Bama won on an even field that would have been great, but they didn't.

I didn't have a dog in the fight. Just calling it like it was from a neutral corner.

2nd Lieutenant Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    The no call on the punch to Fromm's head after the play was deporable. Then the pass interference on the uncatchable ball was tell tale the refs had it set. How do you let a player punch to the helmet and not flag it. Two refs were right on top of the play looking straight at it. The fix was on, as it too often happens in college sports.

Had Bama won on an even field that would have been great, but they didn't.

I didn't have a dog in the fight. Just calling it like it was from a neutral corner.
    BamaMan appreciated BleedPurps neutral corner post in the Congrats Bama thread, but je won't be appreciatjve of my neutral corner post, which shows BamaMan only likes a neutral corner opinion if it is in his corner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast