+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Division II Title Game

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

Division II Title Game

If you love football like we all do, everybody should tune in and watch this game. University of West Florida [Pensacola, Fl where I live] vs. Texas A&M-Commerce for the national Championship in division II. For those that don't know, The University of West Florida just started playing football in 2016. In 2015 they were allowed to practice and had several scheduled scrimmages over the course of what would have been their regular season. In 2016 they played actual competition and belong to the Gulf South Conference. They finished their first season in history at 5-7. This season they finished the regular season at 7-3 [with one game cancelled]. Their record was enough to qualify them for the DII playoffs where they have gone on a remarkable run. They set the DII record for fastest program to reach the playoffs. [year 2] previous record was year 3. They defeated Wingate [at wingate, North Carolina) 31-0 to open the playoffs. They then defeated West Georgia [17-14], then defeated West Alabama [28-21]. West Ala. defeated them 35-18 in regular season. All those wins on the road. The last win put them in the final 4. They traveled to Indiana, Pennsylvania last weekend to play the #1 team in the playoffs. Indiana, PA came in 13-0. UWF defeated them 27-17 to advance to the Division II National Title. A team in their 2nd year of playing football is ONE win away from a National Title. It's a remarkable run. Oh, I mentioned they set the record by getting to the playoffs in year 2. They also set a record for fastest to get a playoff WIN. The previous record of 3 was set by UNC-Pembroke. The coach at the time at UNC Pembroke was Pete Shinnick. The current head coach of UWF is PETE SHINNICK. UNC-Pembroke did not win a game in the playoffs in year 3. It's a remarkable run.

Staff Sergeant Naval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forums Naval Aviator's Avatar

Re: Division II Title Game

Watched the second half. Fun game. Glad one of our affiliate schools won the title.
    "ISIS is contained." -Barack Hussein Obama, 11/12/15

"TAMU is the greatest of all time." -Just Some Hog Dude, 9/13/14

"Texas A&M is better than Texas." -TexasFight, 10/27/12

Give me an army of West Point Graduates and I will win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I will win a war. -Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

All I ask of you men of Alabama is to keep up with the Texans! -Gen. Robert E. Lee, Battle of Second Manassas

+ Reply to Thread