+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: UGA vs OU

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: UGA vs OU

Quote Originally Posted by HunkerDown View Post
    Did you see Mayfield do the throat slash and say the games over in the first quarter? Dude is a total POS. Hell of a player but I can't stand him. Hope he fails hard in the NFL.
    After his arrogant strutting in the first half, it was good to see him harried and upset in the second half. Thank you Kirby for getting the right adjustments into play for that second half.
    Go Dawgs!

Moderator ECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by HunkerDown View Post
    This^

My whole life it seems like we lose these type of games. I was preparing myself for it too. I am still in shock. I feel like I played in the game last night. Worn out, exhausted, thankful, so happy. What a freaking game, what a freaking team.

GO DAWGS
    I have never been prouder of this team, this program and our university.

This team has more fight and a never say die attitude than any Georgia team I've witnessed in a very long time. The leadership on this squad is off the chain.

The coaching adjustments at halftime obviously made a very big difference in the outcome of the game.....and it is comforting to know that this staff works well together and gets results....and the support from the administration has been great.

Our future in the next few years to come is very, very promising.

GO DAWGS !!!

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

It didn't hurt that we were in dime and they stopped running inside.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    It didn't hurt that we were in dime and they stopped running inside.
    Kirby coached circles around Lincoln Riley. Starting with the dumb decision to squib, and then Smart made all the right defensive adjustments while Riley totally abandoned everything that worked for them, mostly as you said running Anderson up the middle. He had over 200 yards but Riley got too cute and UGA shut that **** down.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Kirby coached circles around Lincoln Riley. Starting with the dumb decision to squib, and then Smart made all the right defensive adjustments while Riley totally abandoned everything that worked for them, mostly as you said running Anderson up the middle. He had over 200 yards but Riley got too cute and UGA shut that **** down.
    On Morning sports talk radio, the big OU fan had these following complaints:

1. The squib kick;
    2. offensive play calling - especially in the first OT - not a single pass; and
    3. complaining about the offense when they scored 48 - highlighting how horrendous the OU defense is.

Riley had a successful first year and OU has a wonderful offense, but he was outcoached.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Severely out coached. I mean no offense to UGA fans, but with how OU started the game, they should have won by 14 points. There's no excuse to be up 17 points at the half AND get the ball after the break and somehow lose with the Heisman winner at QB, a highly rated OL, an All American TE and two stud RBs who had like 250 yards. Just a horrendous job by Riley. Smart made ALL the right decisions, he went more zone on defense, he brought more pressure, he freed up Smith to make plays, he and Chaney didn't panic on offense and stuck with the run whereas OU abanonded what worked for them. OU never dialed up pressure on the true frosh Fromm, why? He's very young. He played EXTREMELY well, but OU never really attacked him consistently. They never brought the extra guy in the box,why? Fromm didn't go deep at all I believe, he killed OU with throws to the TE and to Wims near the sticks.

I thought Smart saw what OU did in the half, created a fantastic game plan for the second half and executed it flawlessly while Riley blinked.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Private First Class SoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forumsSoonerChuck has a great deal of respect on the forums

Riley kept trying to run that quick pitch option to the short side of the field that never worked, ..oh & jet sweeps . He took the ball out of his best players' hands, Mayfield & Anderson, at critical times of the game. Mind-boggling play calling. He did get outcoached in that second half, but perhaps this will be an important learning experience for him. After all he is young.

You guys better get right back to work though because that Bama defense was looking salty last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    On Morning sports talk radio, the big OU fan had these following complaints:

1. The squib kick;
    2. offensive play calling - especially in the first OT - not a single pass; and
    3. complaining about the offense when they scored 48 - highlighting how horrendous the OU defense is.

Riley had a successful first year and OU has a wonderful offense, but he was outcoached.
    The stupid speed optipns were the most egregious individual calls. To end regulation and in OT. Just so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerChuck View Post
    Riley kept trying to run that quick pitch option to the short side of the field that never worked, ..oh & jet sweeps . He took the ball out of his best players' hands, Mayfield & Anderson, at critical times of the game. Mind-boggling play calling. He did get outcoached in that second half, but perhaps this will be an important learning experience for him. After all he is young.

You guys better get right back to work though because that Bama defense was looking salty last night.
    I didn't see this post as I was typing mine lol, we both really pointed out how dumb the speed options and jet sweeps truly were at that time.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

Georgia Re: UGA vs OU

Riley really got outcoached in the two OTs. I thought with Mayfield they would score TD's and make us hustle to match them.

My favorite moment of the game was Sony scoring a TD on the last play of the game. I was so happy for him. I will miss his smile and love of Georgia.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast