+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Re: How's the weather?

Still snowing at 3:30
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

It is still coming down. I saw a lot of snow when I worked in NYC. The most snow I have seen in GA was 1993. We had a hurricane with snow, 70 MPH winds and 14". I was deer hunting a few years ago when we had 9". 3 years ago, we had 7". I think this event will top that.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    It is still coming down. I saw a lot of snow when I worked in NYC. The most snow I have seen in GA was 1993. We had a hurricane with snow, 70 MPH winds and 14". I was deer hunting a few years ago when we had 9". 3 years ago, we had 7". I think this event will top that.
    Wow, considering NYC sees nothing compared to upstate and western NY.

A "hurricane with snow", that would be called a blizzard.

We had about 3" of snow this morning here in SW Louisiana. Roads were slushy. No ice. By now, most of the snow is gone cause temps have crept up to 40 deg throughout the day. I just find it fascinating we had snow here... 50 miles north of the Gulf... Wow. One of my coworkers is 58 years old and this is the most he's seen in this area all his life, and he's lived here all his life.

Hope y'all are staying safe and warm.

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Wow, considering NYC sees nothing compared to upstate and western NY.

A "hurricane with snow", that would be called a blizzard.

We had about 3" of snow this morning here in SW Louisiana. Roads were slushy. No ice. By now, most of the snow is gone cause temps have crept up to 40 deg throughout the day. I just find it fascinating we had snow here... 50 miles north of the Gulf... Wow. One of my coworkers is 58 years old and this is the most he's seen in this area all his life, and he's lived here all his life.

Hope y'all are staying safe and warm.
    I had a salesman in Buffalo. I have been there when it snowed five feet.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    I had a salesman in Buffalo. I have been there when it snowed five feet.
    Yep. My parents grew up there. They speak about the blizzard in 1977 where it snowed up to 100" in some areas. Amazing, isn't it?

Corporal Reb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsReb32 has a great deal of respect on the forums Reb32's Avatar

We moved out rig to Brownville, Tx about 10 years ago to the shipyard to get some work done on it. While we were there, it snowed about 2" . The local news channel stated that it had been 100 years since Brownsville had any snow at all.

We got 10". Our power went out at 0400 on Saturday, and was restored at 1100 today. It was 49 deg. in the house.

Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

That is crazy. My folks also got 10 inches. Did you lose any trees?

I don't know. I am just glad I don't have to shave in the dark with cold water.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast