+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Butch Jones is fired

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: Butch Jones is fired

Quote Originally Posted by rstew3 View Post
    I’m with you. Unless Gruden already knows his time at ESPN is coming to an end, I just don’t see why he would want to leave that gig. I don’t agree on the rebuild statement though. Unlike a few years ago, UT now has some talent to work with. We are not 2-3 deep like some others, but our 1-2 depth is solid in most areas. A good coach would not shy away due to the roster. I give that to Butch. He was the right guy at the time to take over a sh1t show and provide some stability. Now it’s time UT got a proven winner to take us back to the elite levels
    As soon as I typed it, I realized rebuild isn't right word. UT has had consistent top 15 recruiting classes under Butch and the facilities and such are top notch. I meant it more as someone who can right the ship and properly utilize talent.
    Prime example: Alvin Kamara. After transferring from Bama, he goes to UT and is SEVERELY underused. Butch kept plowing Hurd, who obviously didn't care and wasn't dynamic while not giving Kamara enough touches.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Master Gunnery Sergeant SavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forums SavageOrangeJug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I'm hearing Tennessee is making a run at PJ Fleck.......
    You're hearing wrong.

At least you better be if Currie wants to be there long.

The boosters have promised too much money for this hire to come away with PJ Fleck.

Staff Sergeant rstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsrstew3 has a great deal of respect on the forums rstew3's Avatar

It really sounds like UT is opening the wallets, but I don’t think it’s all for the head coach. I think they are talking to a couple of candidates, and determining how much money will be available for assistants. A few people have confirmed reports that some assistants have been contacted who would cost major dough. Those assistants are across multiple teams NFL and college, telling me this is not an active head coach, or he would be bringing his own existing staff for most roles.

I’m hearing a certain candidate is all in if he gets the funding for the assistants he wants to bring.

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    As soon as I typed it, I realized rebuild isn't right word. UT has had consistent top 15 recruiting classes under Butch and the facilities and such are top notch. I meant it more as someone who can right the ship and properly utilize talent.
    Prime example: Alvin Kamara. After transferring from Bama, he goes to UT and is SEVERELY underused. Butch kept plowing Hurd, who obviously didn't care and wasn't dynamic while not giving Kamara enough touches.
    Kamara is da bomb! He's doing wonders for the Saints! Expectations were not this high for him, thanks Sergeant Carter!
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zud the hut View Post
    Kamara is da bomb! He's doing wonders for the Saints! Expectations were not this high for him, thanks Sergeant Carter!
    He was going to sign with UGA until he saw the depth chart.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Master Gunnery Sergeant SavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forums SavageOrangeJug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    He was going to sign with UGA until he saw the depth chart.
    No way that guy who is tearing up the NFL could ever compete with UGA's super backs.

The NFL should probably just go ahead and swap the Falcons for the Dawgs.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Pretty sure most NFL GM's take Gurley over Kamara.

Of course, Herchel was talking college and Gurley and Marshall were both very good college backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    Pretty sure most NFL GM's take Gurley over Kamara.
    Don't bet on that after this season.

Gurley is getting 4.4 yards per carry. Kamara is averaging 6.5 yards a pop.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

So Now you want to look at ypc? lol Poor Kelly (4.6 ypc), he fails in that regard...

Kamara only has 64 carries. Not exactly a large sample size. I am pretty sure no GM is taking him over Gurley.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    So Now you want to look at ypc? lol Poor Kelly (4.6 ypc), he fails in that regard...

Kamara only has 64 carries. Not exactly a large sample size. I am pretty sure no GM is taking him over Gurley.
    You are wasting your time. Herchel Rule #3.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast