+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Commonwealth of United American States

Master Gunnery Sergeant boxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forumsboxvic has a great deal of respect on the forums boxvic's Avatar

The Commonwealth of United American States

Maybe the name would need some work...

Can we get controversial for a minute? (I know, shocking for the Think Tank right?) It would never last in today's world, but would it really be such a horrible thing if the US was restructured into highly aligned, smaller "nations" comprised of groupings of current states? Let's be honest here most of you don't give two ****s about what happens in California- hell based on what a lot of you have posted you are actively rooting for California to leave the US anyway. Well, I'll be honest as well, I don't care about what is happening in Tennessee or Arkansas, or Nebraska, or New York, etc. I have lived my entire life in Kentucky, Indiana, and Illinois. This is the area that that I care about. This is the area that affects me economically. This is the area where my family is.

As people in this country give in more and more to division and bickering, it becomes harder and harder to care about what is happening outside of my own "world". Sometimes it just seems like it would be a lot easier to say **** it, and just let everyone break away into their own regional groups. That is the main reason Nordic countries are so successful, they are comprised of much smaller, more homogeneous populations.
    -----------------------
    Trump is going to raise my taxes. Thank you o'sanctified one, all I've ever wanted was a tax increase!

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: The Commonwealth of United American States

Boxvic,
    I understand what you are saying. Perhaps the time is ripe for more regional authority and independence within our Republic. But remember that the last folks who desired more regional independence surrendered at Appomattox Court House in 1865. That has created a historic precedent that favors a strong federal government.

Administrator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: The Commonwealth of United American States

Hasn't this argument been made over & over again? I would suggest that more State/Local control would be a viable solution...
    Get this out of this thread. I can moderate if you don't want to. -- DiD
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

+ Reply to Thread