+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas at Alabama

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Arkansas at Alabama

Could this be a trap game? No, it isn't. Arkansas doesn't have the tools to keep up with Bama. Austin Allen was beaten up so badly he didn't play in the 4th quarter yesterday at South Carolina. He left the game with only 1 TD to his credit. It looked as though the O-line wasn't even trying to sustain their blocks...One bump and that was it. Allen continues to be hesitant in the pocket. The offense has given up on Allen, and with Allen's on and off finger pointing attitude, I'm not surprised.

One bright spot, 6'7", 270 lb redshirt freshman QB, Cole Kelley, led Arkansas to two 4th quarter TD's. If Arkansas is to have any chance against Bama, Kelley has to be the starting QB. If you think SC beat up Allen, which they did, Bama will break his bones. No one is going to break Kelley's bones, he is just too big and strong. Kelley went 8 for 13 for 140 yards with 1 interception.

I've got Bama 42-7 if Allen starts. I'll take Bama 35-24 if Kelley gets the start.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

Re: Arkansas at Alabama

I am taking the Lions over the Christians. It could get ugly.

I have never understood the Allen franchise.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I am taking the Lions over the Christians. It could get ugly.

I have never understood the Allen franchise.
    It's called fan. Go back to August and you will read Allen was the best QB in the SEC.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Regardless who starts at QB, I'll be shocked if it's an 11-point game. Bama beat Vandy by 59, OM by 63. TAMU is a good squad, and Bama beat them on road by eight (should've been 15 without the late game TD that looked to me as if Kirk's knee hit out of bounds as he gained possession but that's irrelevant.)
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    It's called fan. Go back to August and you will read Allen was the best QB in the SEC.
    Actually, thread was titled as a question, "Is Austin Allen The SEC's Best QB".

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Regardless who starts at QB, I'll be shocked if it's an 11-point game. Bama beat Vandy by 59, OM by 63. TAMU is a good squad, and Bama beat them on road by eight (should've been 15 without the late game TD that looked to me as if Kirk's knee hit out of bounds as he gained possession but that's irrelevant.)
    It wont be an 11 point game if Allen Ant starts. The team thrown in the towel on him. But the Hogs will play hard with a renewed spirit if Goliath Kelley gets the start.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    It wont be an 11 point game if Allen Ant starts. The team thrown in the towel on him. But the Hogs will play hard with a renewed spirit if Goliath Kelley gets the start.
    Talent isn't there, and after a lackluster ending to TAMU game, Bama is looking to make a point.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Talent isn't there, and after a lackluster ending to TAMU game, Bama is looking to make a point.
    The games that tend to slip up on you are the games you don't expect to slap you in the face. Just ask Oklahoma. The 2-2 Cyclones beat them and the Cyclones only had wins over Akron and Northern Iowa. Arkansas' best hope is if the Bama players come in thinking they just have to show up to win.

If I'm Bama, I'm simply hoping Ant Allen is ready to start, and I don't have to adjust my defense to a Goliath sized QB.

If the game was already decided, as we know, there would be no need to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    The games that tend to slip up on you are the games you don't expect to slap you in the face. Just ask Oklahoma. The 2-2 Cyclones beat them and the Cyclones only had wins over Akron and Northern Iowa. Arkansas' best hope is if the Bama players come in thinking they just have to show up to win.

If I'm Bama, I'm simply hoping Ant Allen is ready to start, and I don't have to adjust my defense to a Goliath sized QB.

If the game was already decided, as we know, there would be no need to play.
    That was my point. Bama might have bought their own press a bit before the TAMU game and the Aggies showed them you can't just show up and win. So I expect Bama to be fully motivated and ready to make a point v. Arkansas. Whether it's Allen or the other kid, if he's not a mobile QB and you don't have an elite OL, it's gonna be a long day for any QB, esp one making his first start. Do you honestly want a kids first start to be on the road against a Bama defense that's finally getting close to healthy and had their asses chewed by Saban all week? It could crush a kids confidence before his career even really gets started.

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

That was my point. Bama might have bought their own press a bit before the TAMU game and the Aggies showed them you can't just show up and win. So I expect Bama to be fully motivated and ready to make a point v. Arkansas. Whether it's Allen or the other kid, if he's not a mobile QB and you don't have an elite OL, it's gonna be a long day for any QB, esp one making his first start. Do you honestly want a kids first start to be on the road against a Bama defense that's finally getting close to healthy and had their asses chewed by Saban all week? It could crush a kids confidence before his career even really gets started.
    I would also point out to you that TAMU is playing better since that Laughayet game. It took them that long to get over UCLA.
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast