+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bravo to Lt. General Jay Silveria

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Bravo to Lt. General Jay Silveria

I wish our President acted like this guy, and I wish some of our posters here weren't so "tone deaf." You should watch the video at the link, it is awesome.:

The head of the Air Force Academy delivered a resounding message Thursday in response to racial slurs that were found on the academy's campus, saying that if students could not treat their peers of different races with respect, "then you need to get out."

In front of the academy's 4,000 cadets and 1,500 staff members, Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria affirmed the Air Force's belief in "the power of diversity" and insisted that "small thinking and horrible ideas" had no place there.

He was responding to racial slurs found on the dormitory message boards of five black students at a preparatory school on the academy's campus Monday, said the academy, which is investigating.

"If you're outraged by those words, then you're in the right place," Silveria said. "You should be outraged not only as an airman, but as a human being."

The episode attracted national attention when Tracye Whitfield, the mother of one of the students, posted a photo on Facebook of the message, which paired the words "go home" with a racial slur. "It's a nerve-racking feeling," Whitfield told a local news station in Colorado Springs, near where the academy is located.

The preparatory school, usually called the "prep school," prepares candidates for admission to the academy proper. About 240 students, called "cadet candidates," attend the school each year.

Although the slurs were discovered at the prep school, "it would be naive" to think the episode did not reflect on the academy and the Air Force as a whole, Silveria said.

He then explicitly linked the discovery of the slurs to events like the demonstrations in Charlottesville, Virginia, where white supremacists marched with torches in August, and Ferguson, Missouri, where the fatal shooting of a black teenager by a police officer in 2014 set off protests across the country. He said that these events formed a backdrop that had to be addressed and that to think otherwise would be "tone deaf."

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Re: Bravo to Lt. General Jay Silveria

I found the video on youtube:

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

He then explicitly linked the discovery of the slurs to events like the demonstrations in Charlottesville, Virginia, where white supremacists marched with torches in August, and Ferguson, Missouri, where the fatal shooting of a black teenager by a police officer in 2014 set off protests across the country. He said that these events formed a backdrop that had to be addressed and that to think otherwise would be "tone deaf."
    So if I read this correctly, he is saying there are bad actors on both sides. I agree.

I believe in one race. The human race. I will not tolerate racist thinking or actions. My family is muti-racial. I love them all.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

So if I read this correctly, he is saying there are bad actors on both sides. I agree.
    LOL, not exactly...

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    LOL, not exactly...
    Are there bad actors on both sides, or is that not in keeping with the thread?
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Not in the incident at the air force academy, unless being black makes one a bad actor.

It is clear this man believes in diversity - something adamantly opposed by ONE side in Charlottesville.

The attempt to draw an equivalent is fing sad and ridiculous. The Lt. General clearly was NOT making such an equivalent.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

confused

Did he vote for Hillary or Donald?

Who knows.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    I found the video on youtube:

I'm with you on this one, DinD.

I vote Lt. General Jay Silveria for president 2020.

That was a proper message with unbiased delivery.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

The attempt to draw an equivalent is fing sad and ridiculous. The Lt. General clearly was NOT making such an equivalent.
    I read the last paragraph that I posted. He included riots by BLM after Ferguson and included them saying we need a dialogue. What did you miss? Set off protests around the country. Are you saying the White suburbs burned down after Ferguson. Get real dude. You are much smarter than this. If it does not fit your agenda do not act like I am a ****ing idiot. That is an insult. I respectfully disagee with you. Do not pretend that I am stupid. I read the entire thing and I see what he is saying. One nation with no one better than another, that we are equal. He blamed both sides. I can read. I have an incredible comprehension level. Do I have to bring out the Iowa tests to prove it?
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast