View Poll Results: Where would Kelly be.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st string

3 30.00%
  • 2nd string

1 10.00%
  • 3rd string

3 30.00%
  • 4th string

3 30.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wher would Kelly be on UGA's depth chart.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Wher would Kelly be on UGA's depth chart.

UGA's top 4 tailbacks.

1. Nick Chubb
    2. Sony Michel
    3. DeAnndre Swift
    4. Brian herrien
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Re: Wher would Kelly be on UGA's depth chart.

I went first string. Unlike other voters thus far, I'll offer reasoning...

The reasons being, from what I have seen, he is the most durable of SEC running backs, and will probably be a higher draft choice than the rest. Kelly also can catch the ball, which makes his draft number better. I think the tell tale on Kelly will come this weekend against Georgia when we get to see how he matches up to the SEC's bet group of linebackers. We will see his true ability to getting up field and making defenders miss against UGA's speedy linebackers.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/te...rb-tackle-sec/

Tennessee will need John Kelly to come up big if they hope to compete in the SEC East this season.

The Volunteers star RB has put up some strong numbers through the first four games of the season. Kelly has rushed for 450 yards and 6 TDs while also adding 182 yards receiving. He is averaging 6.4 yards a touch and nearly led the Volunteers to a comeback win over Florida.

Kelly has shown an incredible ability to get up field and make defenders miss, and two stats highlight Kelly’s play making ability.

The CFB Film Room has Kelly with 34 total forced missed tackles this season.

The Volunteers are 3-1 on the season, but are coming off a sluggish performance in their 17-14 victory over UMass. Tennessee and Kelly will need to be better when they take on No. 7 Georgia in Knoxville Saturday. Kickoff is set for 3:30 pm EST on CBS.

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

I'm going to go in a different direction and say D'Andre Swift might be the best of them all (and the silly thing is Zamir White is likely better than him). Today's NFL is looking for backs that can catch and run and he's shown both (and the Falcons are blessed with two that can do it).
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

Master Gunnery Sergeant SavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forums SavageOrangeJug's Avatar

Chubb isn't even the best back on UGA's team, much less in the SEC.

With that being said. He should have a career day against UT's terrible run defense. We'll see.

Kelly leads the SEC in rushing and receiving for running backs. To claim he would be 3rd or 4th string at UGA is either ignorance or trolling.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Well who MIGHT be the better pro is a different animal than the question posed.

Kelly has been a very good back this year. However, I do not believe he would start ahead of Chubb or Michel, both returning seniors with way more skins on the wall than Kelly. He may play in front of true Freshman Swift.

I have no problem admitting Kelly has played very, very well this year. My issue was the claim that Chubb had never done anything in his career or that he was the most overrated RB in the SEC. That is ridiculous.

Master Gunnery Sergeant SavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forums SavageOrangeJug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post

I have no problem admitting Kelly has played very, very well this year. My issue was the claim that Chubb had never done anything in his career or that he was the most overrated RB in the SEC. That is ridiculous.
    Not saying he hasn't done anything might not have been the best way to word it.

Chubb just hasn't put the team on his back like some backs can. Walker and Gurley both did it at UGA. Henry did it at Bama. Kelly is doing it at UT this year.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOrangeJug View Post
    Chubb isn't even the best back on UGA's team, much less in the SEC.

With that being said. He should have a career day against UT's terrible run defense. We'll see.

Kelly leads the SEC in rushing and receiving for running backs. To claim he would be 3rd or 4th string at UGA is either ignorance or trolling.
    Chubb has 3700 yards. How many does Kelly have.

Watch this and tell me who is ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbHvU5E5EOQ
    Post Kelly's highlights.

You have to be a hopeless homer to think Kelly is higher than 3rd string at UGA.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    Chubb has 3700 yards. How many does Kelly have.

Watch this and tell me who is ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbHvU5E5EOQ
    Post Kelly's highlights.

You have to be a hopeless homer to think Kelly is higher than 3rd string at UGA.
    Kelly has started 4 games.

How many has Chubb started?

Claiming the leading rushing and receiving back in the SEC is "third string on my team" is beyond ridiculous. You're right. One of us is a hopeless homer.

I now invoke Herchel Rule #3.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Gunnery Sergeant Dawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg4life has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOrangeJug View Post
    Not saying he hasn't done anything might not have been the best way to word it.

Chubb just hasn't put the team on his back like some backs can. Walker and Gurley both did it at UGA. Henry did it at Bama. Kelly is doing it at UT this year.
    Were you in a coma in 2014? Mason wasn't respected in the passing game that year, so by your talking Georgia shouldn't have slumped when Gurley got suspended, then you have Auburn, and Louisville. Although I have already said that you could have put Joe Shmo talented back in that backfield and they would have racked up monster yardage behind that OL.

Sorry for the coma comment if it's too far. I probably should save it for the other board.
    Georgia sports are like Charlie Brown. They will always tease you, and then Lucy will take that football up away from Charlie and he'll flip upside down, saying "Oh brother".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast