+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC Softball

Moderator BamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forums BamaHoHo's Avatar

SEC Softball

Does everyone realize how good the SEC is in softball. Currently 9 of the 13 teams (Vandy doesn't field a team are ranked in the top 25 and all 13 are in the top 40 in RPI. This is the 21st year of softball existence of softball for the SEC. Many teams have been to the Women's College World Series. I'm going to do a little research and get a count on how many time each team has advanced to the WCWS. Alabama has made it 11 times, winnng 1 WCWS. Florida has won 2 WCWSs. If you have never been to a game. Make a point to go. I promise, you won't be disappointed. It's a lot quicker game than baseball and these girls are very athletic. A game normally last about 2-2 1/2 hours.

Moderator BamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamaHoHo has a great deal of respect on the forums BamaHoHo's Avatar

Re: SEC Softball

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/r...ortId/15530000

2 Florida (8)
    5 Texas A&M
    7 Auburn
    9 Alabama
    10 LSU
    16 Georgia
    16 Kentucky
    19 Tennessee
    24 Arkansas

Rankings - NCAA Women's Softball RPI

4 Florida
    5 Auburn
    7 Alabama
    9 Texas A&M
    12 LSU
    13 Tennessee
    15 Kentucky
    18 Georgia
    19 South Carolina
    25 Arkansas
    27 Mississippi St.
    36 Missouri
    43 Ole Miss

SEC in the WCWS

(National Seed)
    1983 Texas A&M (National Champion from the Southwest Conference & has fielded a team since 1973), Missouri (from the Big Eight & has fielded a team since 1975) & South Carolina (Independent & has fielded a team since 1974)

1984 Texas A&M (Runner Up from the Southwest Conference)

1986 Texas A&M (Runner Up from the Southwest Conference)

1987 Texas A&M (National Champion from the Southwest Conference)

1988 Texas A&M (from the Southwest Conference)

1991 Missouri (from the Big Eight)

1994 Missouri (from the Big Eight)

1997 (2) South Carolina (has fielded a team since 1974)

2000 (5) Alabama

2001 (3) LSU

2003 (8) Alabama

2004 (3) LSU

2005 (11) Tennessee & (12) Alabama

2006 (8) Tennessee & (5) Alabama

2007 (5) Tennessee (1st SEC team to make it to the finals). (4) Texas A&M (in the Big 12 at the time)

2008 (3) Alabama & (1) Florida. Texas A&M (Runner Up from the Big 12)

2009 (1) Florida (Runner Up), (3) Alabama & (6) Georgia. (Not Seeded) Missouri (in the Big 12 at the time)

2010 (6) Georgia, (15) Tennessee & (4) Florida. (9) Missouri (in the Big 12 at the time)

2011 (4) Florida (Runner Up) & (2) Alabama

2012 (2) Alabama (National Champion), (In Seeded) LSU & (7) Tennessee

2013 (2) Florida & (7) Tennessee (Runner Up)

2014 (2) Alabama (Runner Up), (5) Florida (National Champion) & (14) Kentucky

2015 (1) Florida (National Champion), (4) Auburn, (5) LSU, (7) Alabama & (8) Tennessee

2016 (4) Auburn (runner Up), (6) Alabama, (10) LSU & (16) Georgia

2017 ???

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

I am hooked on WSB.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Staff Sergeant Naval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forums Naval Aviator's Avatar

I bird hunt with the A&M softball hitting coach. Gerry is a dedicated bird dog guy. And Lord, the are hitting the ball. 16-0 over SC yesterday in Columbia!

Now if I could get some of the girls to play baseball...
    "ISIS is contained." -Barack Hussein Obama, 11/12/15

"TAMU is the greatest of all time." -Just Some Hog Dude, 9/13/14

"Texas A&M is better than Texas." -TexasFight, 10/27/12

Give me an army of West Point Graduates and I will win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I will win a war. -Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

All I ask of you men of Alabama is to keep up with the Texans! -Gen. Robert E. Lee, Battle of Second Manassas

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naval Aviator View Post
    I bird hunt with the A&M softball hitting coach. Gerry is a dedicated bird dog guy. And Lord, the are hitting the ball. 16-0 over SC yesterday in Columbia!

Now if I could get some of the girls to play baseball...
    My dad raised Lemon Pointers. We hunted quail until I left home.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Staff Sergeant Naval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forums Naval Aviator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    My dad raised Lemon Pointers. We hunted quail until I left home.
    Way off topic, I know, but I am a dedicated English Setter guy. Love to watch them work!

Give me an army of West Point Graduates and I will win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I will win a war. -Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

All I ask of you men of Alabama is to keep up with the Texans! -Gen. Robert E. Lee, Battle of Second Manassas

Quote Originally Posted by Naval Aviator View Post
    Way off topic, I know, but I am a dedicated English Setter guy. Love to watch them work!
    Setters were no good on the edge of the Okefenokee Swamp. The long hair didn't work.

My dad sold a gyp in 1955 for $600. A Chevy was $1200. You were better off messing with a man's wife than his bird dog.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    Setters were no good on the edge of the Okefenokee Swamp. The long hair didn't work.

My dad sold a gyp in 1955 for $600. A Chevy was $1200. You were better off messing with a man's wife than his bird dog.
    (Still are!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast