+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McGregor

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Re: McGregor

Conor has become the biggest fighter in the UFC. He is gold on the mic, and won 2 belts. Can't blame him for being a genius with his marketing.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djshockley3 View Post
    Conor has become the biggest fighter in the UFC. He is gold on the mic, and won 2 belts. Can't blame him for being a genius with his marketing.
    I don't blame him, just the people falling for the schtick. Some newbie MMA fans will argue he's one of the GOATs, despite never defending a title.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    I don't blame him, just the people falling for the schtick. Some newbie MMA fans will argue he's one of the GOATs, despite never defending a title.
    Where does he rank all time to you? I would say top 15-20 easily. He did run through a division and hold 2 titles at once.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djshockley3 View Post
    Where does he rank all time to you? I would say top 15-20 easily. He did run through a division and hold 2 titles at once.
    Top 25-30 or so. He is a two division champ,but so we're BJ Penn and Randy Couture and both of those guys defended titles and had more big time wins. BJ going up and beating Hughes twice is a much tougher accomplishment than beating the worst LW champ maybe ever. The Aldo win is a great win, so is the Holloway win (even tho I'm not sure he beats Holloway now, Max was way young then), but other than that, his resume isn't great. Before I could seriously consider him as one of the best, he would have to get some wins at LW (which seems clearly to be his natural weight class).
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

I don't know how he'll do it. But it only takes one. All I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I don't know how he'll do it. But it only takes one. All I'm saying
    I believe FMM has fought much better power boxers like Canelo, and they couldnt land the KO blow so I don't think Conor can. Anything can happen tho.

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

The only chance McGregor has is if Mayweather didn't take this seriously, or his age has slowed him down. I bet it will be an exciting first round, then boring as hell as Mayweather wins in a unanimous decision.

I am with Bama_Man, I am no Mayweather fan - he is a pretty disgusting human - but I don't want to see the MMA guy beat the boxer.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Thought it was actually a good fight. Most boxing I've watched since Tyson/Holyfield

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Thought it was actually a good fight. Most boxing I've watched since Tyson/Holyfield
    It was a better fight than I expected, but it was clear Conor had no business being in there w Floyd. FMM felt him out for four rounds then decided to start and really beat him down.

I wish the ref would have let it go on just to see the knockout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast