+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The History of Confederate Monuments.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Re: The History of Confederate Monuments.

Quote Originally Posted by Really Big Bama Fan View Post
    Undoubtedly there were political reasons, but nothing of any economic consequence to fight over. That was the point that I was trying to make.
    The political reasons are ultimately economic though.

A lot rich Americans lost their property in Cuba as a result of the Cuban Revolution. That has why they have been embargoed for nearly six decades. It is to make an example out of them and to deter any other nation from trying to do the same.

Stuff like that is why I am dubious about the Southern elites justification for their actions in the American Civil War. The people at the top tend to wage war for their economic interests not high ideals.

I think that old boy Karl Marx was on to something. Those economic interests play a big role in what happens indeed. That is something you need to look at to figure out what is going on in this world and pay less attention to the high minded rhetoric that often obscures that underlying motivation. You got to look below the surface level to figure out what is going on.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I think it is absolutely ridiculous all these pulling down Confederate monuments and statues. To me it's a show about these "activist" groups being a bunch of attention w*ores and the media is feeding it like wild. People need to get their heads on straight and stop denying history. The Civil War happened. The Holocaust happened. It is idiotic to destroy all memories of it or act like it never did. I know they are deep, dark events, but still don't deny them. They helped form the way society is today. Sorry for all the haters that disagree, but it's true.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

So I go away every year after football season because then it is nothing but idiotic posts in the Tank that will never change anyone's mind. I think my plan is a pretty damn good plan. Nobody changes. Some are reasonable. Others are still f%%%ng idiots or so melded to a political philosophy that if Obama or Trump cured cancer, they would bitch about the chemotherapists who just lost their jobs. This place never changes. You guys are arguing to a wall.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous all these pulling down Confederate monuments and statues. To me it's a show about these "activist" groups being a bunch of attention w*ores and the media is feeding it like wild. People need to get their heads on straight and stop denying history. The Civil War happened. The Holocaust happened. It is idiotic to destroy all memories of it or act like it never did. I know they are deep, dark events, but still don't deny them. They helped form the way society is today. Sorry for all the haters that disagree, but it's true.
    You didn't listen to the program. All that is addressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12