View Poll Results: Are you a Southerner? Do you know your ancestry?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Southerner; Yes I know my ancestry.

4 66.67%
  • I am a Southerner; No I do not know my ancestry.

1 16.67%
  • I am not a Southerner; Yes I know my ancestry.

0 0%
  • I am not a Southerner; No I do not know my ancestry.

1 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you know your ancestry?

Master Sergeant BulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forumsBulldawgNation has a great deal of respect on the forums BulldawgNation's Avatar

Re: Do you know your ancestry?

Our family never got along with each other. So I have no clue.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlienBeans View Post
    I don't have much history of my family, except going back to my great grandparents (my dad's side). My father passed away on June 3 (he was 86), and its led me to really look into his side of the family with more urgency. I really want to know more than he probably knew or thought to share with me before he passed. I miss him every day.
    My dad died on 5/1/2012. He was 89. My Mom died on 2/10/2016. She was 94. I feel your pain.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

My dad had done a lot of research into this but we've lost the papers. What I know is that my great grandfather on dad's side arrived in New Orleans in 1865 as a teacher of the deaf, which at the time was almost a Scottish monopoly. He married Maria Sanchez, daughter of Antonio Sanchez who served in the Donalsonville Artillery of Louisiana the whole war (they were in the Army of Northern Virginia from 2nd Manassas until Appomattox). Gee... I wonder how the teacher of the deaf met Maria...

My dad's mom grew up in Brunswick, GA and attended Wesleyan. It was while there that she met Maria's son, an officer in the US Army.

My mom's family arrived on the eastern shore of Virginia in 1622. Her branch migrated to Shreveport by way of Mississippi, though I have no idea as to when or exactly where these moves occurred.

As far as what mix, I understand that there is English, Scottish, a touch of Irish (something about a governess), Spanish (by way of the Canary Islands) and Powhatan/Mattaponi/Pamunkey indian (one of the eastern Virginia tribes) in our blood.
    Go Dawgs!

Corporal Spock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forumsSpock has a great deal of respect on the forums Spock's Avatar

I am 1/5 scotch and the rest Cherokee.
    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    So you are saying that you are a full blood Cherokee who just drank a fifth of scotch?
    Go Dawgs!

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by ugabrad View Post
    So you are saying that you are a full blood Cherokee who just drank a fifth of scotch?
    Now that's hilarious! Lets hope it was a single malt...

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Funny! And as a Southerner why not Bourbon?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12