+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LSU and Florida, SEC Co-Champions settling it all in Omaha

Private MetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forumsMetryTyger has a great deal of respect on the forums MetryTyger's Avatar

Re: LSU and Florida, SEC Co-Champions settling it all in Omaha

Congrats to Florida on winning the CWS. Winning NCs in football, basketball, baseball, and men's track is a great accomplishment!

LSU has come close, with NCs in football, baseball, men's track and field, men's golf, and women's track and field.

Men's basketball won an unofficial national title vs Pittsburgh in 1935 (a few years before the AP poll, but was recognized
    by the media as the national champion in that year, FWIW.

LSU Men's basketball also has 4 Final Fours, the Women have 6 Final Fours (in a row), and a 2nd place national finish in gymnastics,
    plus 4 WCWS appearances.

Not too shabby.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Welcome.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurpleandGold View Post
    Dude STFU!!! Without a major league pitching staff you have a losing record. College baseball is broken when a team hitting .200 wins the CWS. I am sooo embarrassed beyond words at this, unbelievable!
    It was really entertaining reading this thread start to finish. Your arrogance came crashing down hard. You want to lecture about baseball but are too stupid to know pitching wins championships?? BTW, no baseball isn't broken. Baseball wasn't meant to be appealing for those with ADD that need HRs every 5 seconds. This team won exactly how Carolina beat us. Pitching, defense and timely hits. I actually predicted we'd win before the CWS started because I saw that parallel. Maybe you should find another sport. Baseball is meant to be played that way. Grow up and get a clue.

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Thank you to the people offering congrats. As a person who grew up on baseball this title was sweet. Still on cloud 9.

UF really only loses Faedo, Rivera and Guthrie. Next year's team will be better than this year's on paper. Great chance to repeat.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Florida Re: LSU and Florida, SEC Co-Champions settling it all in Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    Thank you to the people offering congrats. As a person who grew up on baseball this title was sweet. Still on cloud 9.

UF really only loses Faedo, Rivera and Guthrie. Next year's team will be better than this year's on paper. Great chance to repeat.
    Fans like you deserve the glory and celebration of a championship.

Super Admin BleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forumsBleedPurpleandGold has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    It was really entertaining reading this thread start to finish. Your arrogance came crashing down hard. You want to lecture about baseball but are too stupid to know pitching wins championships?? BTW, no baseball isn't broken. Baseball wasn't meant to be appealing for those with ADD that need HRs every 5 seconds. This team won exactly how Carolina beat us. Pitching, defense and timely hits. I actually predicted we'd win before the CWS started because I saw that parallel. Maybe you should find another sport. Baseball is meant to be played that way. Grow up and get a clue.
    Lol, nice little gem to come back and find. I'm gonna play nice though, does no good otherwise. I acknowledged that your pitching staff is what won you the title, without it the Gators were nowhere close. I've been around baseball all my life and played division 1 baseball from 95-98. That was the easiest chance LSU has had to win a title in a long time but we didn't get it done. Congrats to Florida for getting it done and actually winning the championship. You can call it arrogant, I call it like I see it and if we were to play again with the same teams I'd say the same thing! That pitching staff is not normal and unlikely will ever see that again. How about this, Florida’s College World Series team batting average of .222 was the fourth-lowest for a CWS champion in history, with USC holding the top three spots with .208 averages in 1970 and 1972, and a .221 average in 1968.

Lowest batting average of a CWS champion since 1972!! I stick to my statement that college baseball is broken!

http://staugustine.com/sports/local-...d-series-title

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345