+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Stanley Cup Thread - Nashville vs. Pittsburgh

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Post 2017 Stanley Cup Thread - Nashville vs. Pittsburgh

Penguins looking to repeat and become the first team since 1997-1998 Red Wings to do so.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: 2017 Stanley Cup Thread - Nashville vs. Pittsburgh

Forget that noise, Go Preds!

They've never won before and since Atlanta doesn't have a team, Nashville is prob closest to me. They're a good underdog story, on name alone. Theyre super talented but never been this far before. Was rooting for an Ottawa-Nashville series just bc they are not big names, but Pittsburgh was clearly better team.

Well I can't say clearly, it took them seven games and double OT in game 7. But on paper, the Pens are much better if Crosby is 100%.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Agree about Nashville's talent. They are the best team in the 2017 playoffs without a doubt. The Preds steamrolled Chicago, St. Louis, and beat Anaheim without difficulty, even though the series went 6 games. I'm concerned about Nashville's defense because they are very deep and talented. Same can be said for Ottawa, they quietly dispatched Boston and shocked the NY Rangers. Craig Anderson played out of his mind and nearly beat the Penguins in Game 7. It's going to be a real fight for the Cup. But it's not like Pittsburgh hasn't played anyone either. Ottawa was a real challenge, and Pittsburgh beat two of the best teams in the regular season, Columbus, and the President's Trophy Capitals, and were in the NHL's best division in the regular season. I don't have concern about Crosby's health for this series. It's more about the team not committing stupid turnovers in its own zone.

Atlanta has had TWO hockey teams and lost both of them. Zero sympathy there.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Pitt somehow won tonight by two goals despite Nashville dominating the shots on goal and puck possession. Nashville was killing them on shots but Pittsburgh managed to get them win it counted.

Awesome game to watch, 5-3 Penguins win.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Nashville dominated the game. The Penguins went over 30 minutes without a shot from the second into the third period. I think they only had 12 for the entire game. The killer for Nashville was the two stupid penalties in the first period. The first one looked as if the Penguin slipped and fell. The other was idiotic, an away from the play cross-check by James Neal.... who is notorious for taking dumb penalties. The disallowed goal was big, too. Though I think the right call if one watches the replay. It's a helluva lot better to play with the lead than have to come back from it.

I can say, the Penguins won't win another game in this series if they play like last night. Nashville will if Rinne steps up. 5 goals on 12 shots is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    Who ever thought the Stanley Cup would reside in Nashville? Did this team used to be in Atlanta?
    No. The Predators were an expansion team from the late 90s.

Atlanta had TWO different NHL franchises. The Atlanta Flames (1972-1980) of the 1970s moved to Calgary for the 1980 season. Then, Atlanta had a second team, the Atlanta Thrashers (1999-2011), which moved to Winnipeg in 2011 to be the Winnipeg Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Nashville dominated the game. The Penguins went over 30 minutes without a shot from the second into the third period. I think they only had 12 for the entire game. The killer for Nashville was the two stupid penalties in the first period. The first one looked as if the Penguin slipped and fell. The other was idiotic, an away from the play cross-check by James Neal.... who is notorious for taking dumb penalties. The disallowed goal was big, too. Though I think the right call if one watches the replay. It's a helluva lot better to play with the lead than have to come back from it.

I can say, the Penguins won't win another game in this series if they play like last night. Nashville will if Rinne steps up. 5 goals on 12 shots is abysmal.
    I missed the first period and turned in when it was already 3-0. But from then on, Nashville dominated. They kept the puck and had Pittsburgh on the defense for the rest of the game. If Rinne hadn't allowed two silly goals late, I feel like the Preds had all the momentum and would've won. I worry that Nashville dominating the game but losing by two goals may hurt their psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    I missed the first period and turned in when it was already 3-0. But from then on, Nashville dominated. They kept the puck and had Pittsburgh on the defense for the rest of the game. If Rinne hadn't allowed two silly goals late, I feel like the Preds had all the momentum and would've won. I worry that Nashville dominating the game but losing by two goals may hurt their psyche.
    You are correct, Nashville probably would have and should have won. The fourth goal was critical as Rinne hadn't faced a shot in over 35 minutes and he lets it in. 5th goal was an empty net score with 1-2 minutes left.

Nashville has a large opportunity tonight to get back in the series. Odds are in their favor to prevail.

Nashville looked as dominant in game three as Pittsburgh did in game two. It's a series now, if the Preds can hold home ice and steal one in Pittsburgh they can win. But I figure the Penguins will hold serve at home and win in seven.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast