+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sporting News ranks 6 SEC teams in preseason top 25

Sergeant ALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Sporting News ranks 6 SEC teams in preseason top 25

"Sporting News revealed its latest top 25, and six SEC teams make the cut. While only two are in the top 10, a total of five make the top 15. The preseason poll predicts a top-five showdown in Atlanta for Week 1 between Alabama and Florida State, but not quite the rankings some have predicted."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...season-top-25/

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: Sporting News ranks 6 SEC teams in preseason top 25

Georgia and Auburn around the Top 10? Wow. I never would have guessed those.

I don't know much about South Florida, but I'm surprised to see them in the Top 25.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

unsure

I don't get it. Why is Clemson not #1? Had Bama won the NC game last season Bama would be #1. Clemson won, Clemson should be #1 until beaten. Reigning champs.

How do you just automatically rank Bama #1?

I think any team that won the NC the year before should stand #1 until proven otherwise. This is nothing more than biased football press.

JSHD, what is the proper ideological term/name for the biased football poll voters?

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Georgia

On another note, it didn't take long for the preseason pressure to land on Kirby Smart. By this poll, UGA is the preseason pick to win the SEC East.

My great-great-great granddaddy was born in Georgia. Go Dawgs!

Sergeant ALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forumsALA2262 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Georgia and Auburn around the Top 10? Wow. I never would have guessed those.

I don't know much about South Florida, but I'm surprised to see them in the Top 25.
    USF returns 16 starters from an 11-2 team. Seven on offense, including the QB, and nine on defense. They are one of a handful of teams that are being allowed to play a 15 week schedule. Army and Navy, of course, because of their late game, and the others because of games at Hawaii.

USF opens at San Jose State, which is one of the teams playing at Hawaii, so the opener is being played on 8/26. The ONLY game in FBS being played that weekend. This gives USF, which does not play Hawaii, the luxury of having two byes. Unless I missed one, USF is the ONLY FBS team with two byes.

I would not be surprised if USF matched their 11-2 record of 2016. They do not play FSU, one of the two losses in 2016.

Sergeant planetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forumsplanetalker has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    I don't get it. Why is Clemson not #1? Had Bama won the NC game last season Bama would be #1. Clemson won, Clemson should be #1 until beaten. Reigning champs.

I think any team that won the NC the year before should stand #1 until proven otherwise. This is nothing more than biased football press.

JSHD, what is the proper ideological term/name for the biased football poll voters?
    I don't think it is automatic. I think it based on returning players, schedule, and recruits. Didn't Clemson just lose the best qb in college football? Having said that, these polls are as much about selling magazine's as it is about the "science" of predicting who is the best team in college football. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they chose Clemson or Florida State as #1. I think it just puts a big target on your back.
    ...But the Tide Rolls on forever!

No Watson in 2017. Clemson in 2016 without Watson and Bama would be defending #1.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Georgia Re: Sporting News ranks 6 SEC teams in preseason top 25

On another note, it didn't take long for the preseason pressure to land on Kirby Smart. By this poll, UGA is the preseason pick to win the SEC East.

My great-great-great granddaddy was born in Georgia. Go Dawgs!
    That's cool, Doc, and so was my Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by planetalker View Post
    I don't think it is automatic. I think it based on returning players, schedule, and recruits. Didn't Clemson just lose the best qb in college football? Having said that, these polls are as much about selling magazine's as it is about the "science" of predicting who is the best team in college football. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they chose Clemson or Florida State as #1. I think it just puts a big target on your back.
    I agree. The preseason rankings are based on the state of the team going into the fall. Last year's performance does not necessarily determine the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    That's cool, Doc, and so was my Dad.
    I knew we was cousins!

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Bama wears red uniforms so they have the power of communism behind them. My people landed in Georgia too. I think that is common in the South.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast