+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Playoffs

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    If Boston plays their cards right, they could create a true championship contender. They have a lot of young talent, all those draft picks from their highway robbery of Brooklyn and major cap room. They have the #1 pick this year and they might very well next year, too, as I don't see the Nets getting much better than they are now. Brooklyn is NBA Siberia right now.

That being said, I don't think anyone can put together a team good enough to beat Golden State in four out of seven games. They're too well constructed. Cleveland getting Paul George would be nice for them, but if I'm Indiana there's no way in hell I'm trading Paul George for Kevin Love and whatever scraps Cleveland throws in. Anything Boston could offer would be far more enticing to me.
    But for Boston to land PG, wouldn't they prob have to include Thomas? They will likely draft Fultz, who's very good but not gonna get them past Cleveland next year alone. They will be going hard after Gordon Heyward as a FA, but he seems to like Utah and the Jazz have a very talented young group too, but they're stuck in the loaded West so maybe Heyward sees Boston as a greener pastures.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

The 76ers and Celtics are in "serious talks" over the #1 pick. This all but confirms to me Boston values Josh Jackson over everyone else, and I think they're right for feeling that way. I think he's the best player in the draft. If not the best, he has the highest ceiling of all the players. I thought the same about Jaylen Brown last year. The real question is what the 76ers are going to give up for the #1 pick. Okafor and the #3 pick, perhaps?

Edit: reports say it's package of picks for the #1 pick. I'd still try to get Okafor if I'm Boston, tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    But for Boston to land PG, wouldn't they prob have to include Thomas? They will likely draft Fultz, who's very good but not gonna get them past Cleveland next year alone. They will be going hard after Gordon Heyward as a FA, but he seems to like Utah and the Jazz have a very talented young group too, but they're stuck in the loaded West so maybe Heyward sees Boston as a greener pastures.
    The news of the 76ers/Celtics trade changes a lot of things. There's no way they'd trade the #1 pick to the 76ers if they had any plans to get George through a trade involving Isaiah Thomas. I'm thinking they're all in on Gordon Hayward and will take Josh Jackson, unless the Lakers pass on Ball. That would be really interesting. I thought about the 76ers taking Ball over Fultz, but the 76ers already have a ball-dominant playmaker in Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz is much better off the ball than Lonzo Ball. Fultz is like a better version of D'Angelo Russell. Lonzo Ball's goofy father is probably scaring a lot of team away, anyway.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Okafor, at all. He doesn't fit with the Boston offense IMO. Jackson is someone Ainge loves, I could see them moving down if they think they can land Jackson. Can't see Celtics taking Ball, he doesn't fit them.

Adding Jackson would help, and allows them to keep Thomas as the PG.

But Okafor can't get them to the level to compete w Cavs IMO. Maybe if they could land someone else, or possibly just get picks and see if Pacers would trade George for picks. Or Bulls for Butler.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

But a team of Thomas, Jackson, Hayward and Horford could really make some noise.

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

I've heard Boston would take the picks they'd get from the 76ers to get Jimmy Butler.

PG: Isaiah Thomas
    SG: Jimmy Butler
    SF: Gordon Hayward
    PF: Al Horford
    C: Amir Johnson

That's one hell of a prospective lineup, and then you have to consider the depth of Boston's bench.

So they'd package the pick to try and get Butler? That would be a ballsy move.

I'm not sure if Jackson doesn't have more upside, and with Thomas being a FA next season they will be cutting it close cap wise if they give Hayward a big deal and try to resign Thomas.

But that's a nasty lineup. Not sure they'd beat Cleveland but it'd be competitive. Because their second unit, guys like Bradley and Smart would start for most teams.

They would have four of the best perimeter defenders in the league on the same team, with three of them coming off the bench. Then there's Jaylen Brown - I'm not saying he's going to be this guy, but if Brown realizes his full potential I think he has Kawhi Leonard written all over him.

I'm just spitballing here, but imagine if they had someone like Gobert in the paint. You wouldn't be able to score on that damn team unless you're the elite of the elite or Golden State, Cleveland or San Antonio.

Well, the deal is done. The 76ers must have been blown away by Markelle Fultz, because they gave up the #3 pick and two additional 1st round picks for the #1 pick. Danny Ainge strikes again. Now they have the three 1st round picks from Philadelphia and Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    They would have four of the best perimeter defenders in the league on the same team, with three of them coming off the bench. Then there's Jaylen Brown - I'm not saying he's going to be this guy, but if Brown realizes his full potential I think he has Kawhi Leonard written all over him.

I'm just spitballing here, but imagine if they had someone like Gobert in the paint. You wouldn't be able to score on that damn team unless you're the elite of the elite or Golden State, Cleveland or San Antonio.

Well, the deal is done. The 76ers must have been blown away by Markelle Fultz, because they gave up the #3 pick and two additional 1st round picks for the #1 pick. Danny Ainge strikes again. Now they have the three 1st round picks from Philadelphia and Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick.
    I'm not quite as sold on Brown, but I agree about the strength of that defense. Even Horford, while being a bit undersized against the biggest of bigs, is a very good defender and could guard 90% of the centers in the league if they go small.
    I think if somehow they land both Hayward in FA and trade for Butler, you might wanna have one of those two run with the second unit at times just to score. While Smart and Bradley are elite defenders and Olynik can hit shots at times, the second unit will lack scoring if Brown doesn't make that leap. I'm not sure he has Kawhi potential, I don't think he can shoot as well, but if he turns into a 15ppg scorer with his size and length, Boston will have the best roster 1-12 even if they don't trade for Butler and just take Josh Jackson this year and likely top three picks next two years.

Deadspin linked to a great article about Boston fleecing the Nets, they thought those picks would be in the 15-30 range and adding KG and Pierce (and Terry) to Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez would give them a shot at beating Miami. In theory I guess it's not so dumb, but if you take into account how old KG looked his last year in Boston, giving up ANYTHING for him was soooo stupid.

And I like Fultz, but giving up so much to get him puzzles me. They have a guy in Simmons who will likely be the facilitator, I guess they want Fultz scoring and shooting from the outside while Embiid does his work inside (and he's great. If he's healthy he will be an All Star) while Simmons plays a PG type role. Okafor has no place there, I'd trade him for whatever j could get. He's stuck to the floor and he doesn't rebound or play defense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456