+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ranking the toughest OOC schedules

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Re: Ranking the toughest OOC schedules

And I'll never understand the "shame on a weak OOC" meme for any team below 4-5th in the conference. If Missouri goes 7-1 in the SEC and wins the SECCG, they're in the playoff regardless if they beat Michigan or E. Michigan in the OOC. They have nothing to gain by playing a tougher OOC.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I would rank UGA's OOC schedule ahead of UF's. Northern Colorado is a run over and UAB is just getting football back after 2 years. Those are cupcake games. App State is easily a much better opponent than both of those schools. Yes, Samford is a joke, but having to play at ND is never easy and GT beat UGA last year (sorry UGA fans).

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

I have to go with Florida. Michigan is an extremely tough win for any opponent with Harbaugh there. It's a neutral site, and I'm thinking Michigan will be favored by a couple of points.

Michigan could have easily been one of the final 4 last season. I don't look for much drop off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Some Hog Dude View Post
    ...coach Van Horn is a Dutch aristocrat.
    ALL HAIL the great Dutch aristocrat slave to the Arkansas Communists baseball team, Coach Dave Van Horn!!

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NESS View Post
    And I'll never understand the "shame on a weak OOC" meme for any team below 4-5th in the conference. If Missouri goes 7-1 in the SEC and wins the SECCG, they're in the playoff regardless if they beat Michigan or E. Michigan in the OOC. They have nothing to gain by playing a tougher OOC.
    I agree -- I simply do not see the purpose of a team like Mizzou building a tough OOC schedule. What is there to gain?

In the past it was more important -- Mizzou went 12-2 in 2007 (both losses to OU) & still only went to Cotton Bowl. CB isn't bad, but they were ranked #1 prior to second loss. OOC games in order of toughest first) were IL (9-4), Ole Miss (3-9), W. Mich & IL St. (who cares what their records were).

My point is -- in 2007 shame on us for not having another decent OOC opponent, because it would have meant something more than Cotton Bowl.

But today?? I don't think so. The goal is to reach top 4 to enter playoff... and there is likely only one way to do it -- win your conference.

Perhaps if you are GA the OOC schedule means something more... as a program like that may be able to pull off losing conference championship & still squeak into playoffs. If Mizzou wins East... then the "East is down"... and that opportunity wouldn't exist.

I would advise 75% of SEC teams to "save their legs" in non-conference schedule...

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    I would rank UGA's OOC schedule ahead of UF's. Northern Colorado is a run over and UAB is just getting football back after 2 years. Those are cupcake games. App State is easily a much better opponent than both of those schools. Yes, Samford is a joke, but having to play at ND is never easy and GT beat UGA last year (sorry UGA fans).
    I agree -- I would move FL to at least #2... and could even see a point of them being as low as #4

Quote Originally Posted by The Zou View Post
    I agree -- I would move FL to at least #2... and could even see a point of them being as low as #4
    I retract!!! I have them at a solid #2.

Not #3-4!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    I have to go with Florida. Michigan is an extremely tough win for any opponent with Harbaugh there. It's a neutral site, and I'm thinking Michigan will be favored by a couple of points.

Michigan could have easily been one of the final 4 last season. I don't look for much drop off.

If they were playing Michigan in Ann Arbor... that would change things. But playing in Arlington dampens the pressure a bit, no?

Both teams travel quite well -- that would be a fun game to go to!

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

I wish Mizzou and Kansas would play every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    I wish Mizzou and Kansas would play every year.
    We did -- it was the longest consecutive rivalry in college football till they got butt-hurt when we came to SEC. Then they quit...

To start it back up again would mean making an already EASY OOC schedule even easier!!!! And it would be fun to smack them around still -- even as much as we are struggling, it would still be a legitimate smack-down!!!

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Perhaps if you are GA the OOC schedule means something more... as a program like that may be able to pull off losing conference championship & still squeak into playoffs. If Mizzou wins East... then the "East is down"... and that opportunity wouldn't exist.

I would advise 75% of SEC teams to "save their legs" in non-conference schedule..

Do you mean like losing to Bama in the SEC championship game 33-29, and not getting a decent bowl game?

Do you see Mizzou as a bottom feeder who needs 4 OOC cupcakes to be bowl eligible?
    Deo Vindice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast