+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Carolina Final Four-Bound!!!!!!!

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Re: South Carolina Final Four-Bound!!!!!!!

So two SEC teams in women's FF and one in the men. Who said we were just a football/baseball conference!
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    So two SEC teams in women's FF and one in the men. Who said we were just a football/baseball conference!
    The SEC was seriously underrated this year. Like Coach Frank Martin said, we didn't get this good in March because we played nobody all year. The tough conference schedule prepared us for this run. I mean we lost to Bama both times we played them. That game in Columbia was insane.... went to 4OT and we lost 90-86. That's a low score for a game going to 4OT.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCgamecock2988 View Post
    The SEC was seriously underrated this year. Like Coach Frank Martin said, we didn't get this good in March because we played nobody all year. The tough conference schedule prepared us for this run. I mean we lost to Bama both times we played them. That game in Columbia was insane.... went to 4OT and we lost 90-86. That's a low score for a game going to 4OT.
    That's one reason I'm so happy for you guys, I get to say Bama beat a FF team twice! Lol

But seriously, this amazing run couldn't happen to a nicer guy in Martin. And Carolina deserves this success, I hope the ride continues but I worry that SC won't be able to contain the big guy inside. Zags can't guard Thornwell, but not sure Silva has size to stop big boy for the Dogs.
    But Gonzaga hasn't saw a team all year with the athleticism, grit and commitment to defense that Carolina brings. If the shots are falling, I have no doubts y'all can win. And if you can get passed the Zags, anything can happen in the title game (likely UNC, boy that'd be an awesome rival matchup.). I think SC matches up much better against Oregon if y'all win Saturday, UNC has so many good bigs they will kill anyone on the glass. But Thornwell can match up with Johnson so that would help (he matches up well w Dillion Brooks too).
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

And there's ZERO doubt how legit the SEC has been this year. 3/8 Elite Eight teams, almost two FF teams, and the most brutal OOC schedules. People laughed at the SEC but now they're eating crow. As a conference, we've eliminated UCLA, UVA, Wisconsin, Duke, Baylor, Marquette, Wichita State. That's two top 5-6 teams and 4 top 15 teams.

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Congrats SC

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by SCgamecock2988 View Post
    The thing about the SEC lately is we don't have many teams that are ranked that high. However, we probably have 8 teams that would make the NCAAT if it took the 68 best teams and didn't have auto bids. People say our SEC titles come easy but it is simply not true. Mississippi St for instance had us on the ropes.

Bama played UK tough as well, Fox killed us but Bama hung around and could've won if shots had tell, it wasn't a 20 point drubbing.

The top half of the SEC is as good or better than any conference. UK, USC, Ark, UF, Vandy, Bama, UGA, Ole Miss we're capable of beating anyone on a given night.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

I was using MSU as a point of reference since they were one of the worse teams in the league. Plenty of people played us close and even two beat us. My point overall though is that the league is tough and not much separates the top 8 or 9 teams, which you seemed to be agreeing with.

Also, it would be interesting to see how many times anybody blew out Bama. It's rare that will ever happen, considering your style of play. When you shorten games by lengthening possessions and defend as well as Avery's teams do, there is not much of an opportunity to be blown out... the flip side is you're not likely to blow people out either. That is sort of South Carolina's predicament. They defend like crazy too and until the past few weeks weren't scoring well... defense gives you a chance, but also a bad 5 minute stretch can cause you to lose also, because your margin for error is slim. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Zags will play at a pace that suits them better and USC may be goaded into a quicker game than they would like.

Bama doesn't lose by blowouts often you're right, but the lack of offense has doomed us at times against the best teams. Bama desperately needs a knock down shooter that can keep defenses honest and manufacture his own shot when the offense stagnates.

Did you see McDs AA game? Bama recruit Collin Sexton showed off some very nifty passing, he should be a big help next year.

And Porter Jr. is Mizzou bound, the SEC will not be short on talented frosh again next season and that isn't even getting into UK.

I saw clips of Fox after the loss, he took it hard and showed a lot of emotion. I love that in a player. It took Lonzo Ball thirty seconds after the loss to UK to declare, whereas Fox was just concerned with his team losing. If I'm a team drafting a guard in top 5-7, I'm taking Fox over Ball (but prob not over Fultz).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12