+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baylor's dumpster fire is still burning.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Baylor's dumpster fire is still burning.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Bay...416085923.html

Another Baylor athletics official has been fired amid the university's sex assault scandal.

KWTX learned Monday the university dismissed DeMarkco Butler, the associate director for football operations, over inappropriate text messages.

Butler was just hired by the university last month.

While Butler was let go because of inappropriate texts to a teenager, a school official indicated they were sent to an individual who was an adult under Texas statute.

When asked about the firing Monday, David Kaye, Baylor's director of athletics communications said in a statement, "DeMarkco Butler is no longer employed by Baylor University. As a personnel matter, we have no further comment."

Butler is the second person hired under new head football coach Matt Rhule the school has had to terminate.

Brandon Washington, Rhule's newly hired assistant strength coach, was fired after he was arrested in a prostitution sting in early February.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Re: Baylor's dumpster fire is still burning.

This is neverending. And the thing of it is that it is a Christian college.
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Good. Let it burn to the ground (metaphorically).
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Administrator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Bay...416085923.html

Another Baylor athletics official has been fired amid the university's sex assault scandal.

KWTX learned Monday the university dismissed DeMarkco Butler, the associate director for football operations, over inappropriate text messages.

Butler was just hired by the university last month.

While Butler was let go because of inappropriate texts to a teenager, a school official indicated they were sent to an individual who was an adult under Texas statute.

When asked about the firing Monday, David Kaye, Baylor's director of athletics communications said in a statement, "DeMarkco Butler is no longer employed by Baylor University. As a personnel matter, we have no further comment."

Butler is the second person hired under new head football coach Matt Rhule the school has had to terminate.

Brandon Washington, Rhule's newly hired assistant strength coach, was fired after he was arrested in a prostitution sting in early February.
    Any word on the content of the texts?

Quote Originally Posted by zud the hut View Post
    This is neverending. And the thing of it is that it is a Christian college.
    SMU is also a Christian college, but that didn't get in the way of "football"!! But more alarmingly, Baylor is a Baptist school... which would make me think they would be more stringent on the sex/drugs/R&R lifestyle... more less, gang rape, sexual assault & (supposedly) sex for recruitment schemes happening there.

Indeed, there is a lot of money in college football!!!
    Get this out of this thread. I can moderate if you don't want to. -- DiD
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

Master Sergeant zud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forumszud the hut has a great deal of respect on the forums zud the hut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Zou View Post
    Any word on the content of the texts?

SMU is also a Christian college, but that didn't get in the way of "football"!! But more alarmingly, Baylor is a Baptist school... which would make me think they would be more stringent on the sex/drugs/R&R lifestyle... more less, gang rape, sexual assault & (supposedly) sex for recruitment schemes happening there.

Indeed, there is a lot of money in college football!!!
    Good point.

I suppose that it is the American way to sell your ethics to get to where you want to go.

Doing it with integrity is slower but longer lasting with a better impact.

I have to be honest...if I found a $100 bill then I would think that it is my lucky day and not necessary looking for its rightful owner...
    Trick Magnet The Hut Valentine

Administrator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

I would say yes... and no. Perhaps you wouldn't seek to return the $100, but would you use it to coverup a crime? Or recruit criminals?

In the Baylor situation, the "cover-up" was so widespread & reoccurring that I began to consider Briles & Baylor Administration almost as accomplices. I get it that a program would want to put a lid on something embarrassing, but that was done without every correcting the condition. Over and over. At some point they were accountable for these rapes/sexual assaults, because they allowed that culture to thrive. (Like... Joe Patterno & Sandusky...)
    “I do not recognise this court’s right to try me.” -- Henry Rearden, Atlas Shrugged

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Zou View Post
    I would say yes... and no. Perhaps you wouldn't seek to return the $100, but would you use it to coverup a crime? Or recruit criminals?

In the Baylor situation, the "cover-up" was so widespread & reoccurring that I began to consider Briles & Baylor Administration almost as accomplices. I get it that a program would want to put a lid on something embarrassing, but that was done without every correcting the condition. Over and over. At some point they were accountable for these rapes/sexual assaults, because they allowed that culture to thrive. (Like... Joe Patterno & Sandusky...)
    Agreed. Crimes happen everywhere, unfortunately including sexual assaults. But covering it up on such a massive scale is so horrendous. I hope they never win a game.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Captain Really Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forumsReally Big Bama Fan has a great deal of respect on the forums Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Remember how wild the preacher's daughters were back in your younger days? Well imagine a whole college of repressed strict Baptist girls. These shenanigans during football recruiting are not surprising at all.

According to Forbes, Baylor females are more likely to engage in premarital anal sex than any other school in the entire world. Also, many repressed Baylor girls will engage in mass gangbangs just to get back at their fathers, which usually ends in a bukake-style creaming.
    I am not quite certain if I can write this on a message board, but here goes: I personally know a large number of girls who have anal sex with the guys they date in order to remain virgins until they are married. I don't know about anyone else, but if you've had anal sex YOU ARE NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE. Sorry, sweetie.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I hope Baylor learns its lesson from all this. I don't wish bad or negative on anyone or anything, but when a program and athletics department commits penalties, the price must be paid. I wish Baylor would turn itself around completely and set an example for the rest of the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    I hope Baylor learns its lesson from all this. I don't wish bad or negative on anyone or anything, but when a program and athletics department commits penalties, the price must be paid. I wish Baylor would turn itself around completely and set an example for the rest of the NCAA.
    As fans we need to insist that our college sports programs are not more important than things like law & order or student safety. It simply cannot be...

Football & Men's basketball are the most at risk in my opinion -- those two programs are able to bring in so much money and prestige that there will always be the risk of looking the other way, or worse -- cover-up! Kicking a bad egg off of the baseball/softball team, or the swim team, will not bring the negative publicity that a football/basketball player will bring.

But the solution, I think, is for the fans to demand better. As I think Baylor demonstrates... the pressures of money & prestige can easily muddy the waters for the folks that are responsible for carrying it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast