+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2017 Kentucky Derby, I'll take Mastery

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

2017 Kentucky Derby, I'll take Mastery

Mastery is Bob Baffert's best 3 y/o. Mike Smith up top. He is prepping on the west coast which is where if am thinking correctly 4 of the past 5 Kentucky Derby winners have prepped. Mastery has only three races under his belt, all wins, one being his maiden, the next in the Grade II Bob Hope Stakes, and the last in the Grade I Cash Call Futurity at Los Alamitos. This Saturday Mastery takes his final prep up to the Santa Anita Derby, and then to Kentucky in which he should roll undefeated at 5-0. Mastery races this weekend in the Grade II San Felipe Stakes at Santa Anita.

Mastery is a fast boy that can stalk a fast or slow pace, doesn't matter, and he has a tendency to run away from his foes in the stretch.

I've spent some time watching all of the top contender's races, over and over, and simply put, Mastery will bury the rest in the last furlong in Kentucky.

Mastery in the Grade I Cash call Futurity in the video replay below. It is easy to see to the eyeball Mastery is super fast. He smokes the hottest pack of two year olds west of the Mississippi. Ears laid back and gettin it. Mastery was a 425k yearling purchase at Keenland.

Mastery> Bad boy.

Moderator The Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forumsThe Zou has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: 2017 Kentucky Derby, I'll take Mastery

Kind Dr. -- you just got my heart pumping for racing!! So fun...

I almost talked myself into buying minority share in a race horse a couple years ago; I ultimately decided that it was too much money for not having controlling interest... as the initial purchase is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to costs... and its an industry where outsiders constantly get "took".

To be clear, I am not talking about the kind of horse where you have expectations of making it to Churchill Downs -- I cannot imagine the kind of jack it takes to buy/train/etc a horse with those kinds of hopes; with much more meager hopes... it was pretty damn expensive!!

Some day... I'm going to have a horse in a race!!

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Zou View Post
    Kind Dr. -- you just got my heart pumping for racing!! So fun...

I almost talked myself into buying minority share in a race horse a couple years ago; I ultimately decided that it was too much money for not having controlling interest... as the initial purchase is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to costs... and its an industry where outsiders constantly get "took".

To be clear, I am not talking about the kind of horse where you have expectations of making it to Churchill Downs -- I cannot imagine the kind of jack it takes to buy/train/etc a horse with those kinds of hopes; with much more meager hopes... it was pretty damn expensive!!

Some day... I'm going to have a horse in a race!!
    In my personal opinion, The Triple Crown Series is the most exhilarating of events in all the world of sports. If I was made to choose where I could only watch the Kentucky Derby or the Super Bowl, I've got the Kentucky Derby hands down. Watching American Pharoah triumph in the Belmont Stakes last year was a sports thrill with chills for the ages.

McCracken

This is McCracken. He is Mastery's main competition. If it were purely a physical fitness contest, McCracken wins. He is a real beast.

Sergeant JDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forumsJDThirstyAg has a great deal of respect on the forums JDThirstyAg's Avatar

Mastery showed why it was a Derby favorite in the San Felipe over the weekend winning by better than 6 lengths.

Too bad the hoof injury will likely require surgery, according to the TV reports Saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by JDThirstyAg View Post
    Mastery showed why it was a Derby favorite in the San Felipe over the weekend winning by better than 6 lengths.

Too bad the hoof injury will likely require surgery, according to the TV reports Saturday evening.
    Yep. Always hate the injuries. Not much different than any other sport. They happen.

sad

I guess having a broke ankle is better than having a broke d***.

+ Reply to Thread