+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SEC awards

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: SEC awards

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    I didn't know the committee had UK as the highest rated 2-seed, I thought that was Arizona. But, it's also possible that UNC was the lowest 1-seed, so matching up the lowest 1 and highest 2 would make sense. But having to play a Witchita State team that deserved a 5-seed at least in second round jusngoes to show they do try and build matchups, because of storylines.
    End of the day UNC was the third one seed and we were the top 2 seed. Thats how they had it ranked selection sunday. Im not sure how else to say it. Thats why we will see an S-Curve soon, because using geography to place teams in regions is unfair. It honestly renders the work done in the regular season somewhat useless.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    End of the day UNC was the third one seed and we were the top 2 seed. Thats how they had it ranked selection sunday. Im not sure how else to say it. Thats why we will see an S-Curve soon, because using geography to place teams in regions is unfair. It honestly renders the work done in the regular season somewhat useless.
    Who was the number four 1-seed? Nova, Zags and Kansas I thought were 1-2-3 and UNC 4.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Gonzaga was the fourth number 1, hence my point (not trying to be rude, but perhaps if you would've asked that question first instead of assuming I had an agenda, perhaps you would have actually been informed). Follow the link... maybe then you'll realize I'm not making stuff up. Under fair conditions the 1-2 pairings would have been the strongest 1 vs the weakest 2... otherwise, what good do seeds or resumes even do.

It's going to get to an S curve where the strongest 2 gets the weakest 1 soon, because Cal said he's going to demand it. And, it's fair. Villanova as the top overall seed should not have to face anyone but the weakest 2. What happens is some 3 seeds have an easier draw than 2 seeds... and under what premise is that even remotely fair? The fidelity of the selection process can easily be called into question. I'm not sure the NCAA really wants to fight that image.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...017-true-seeds

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

I had no agenda, don't be a jerk. I was simply asking.

Zags deserved better than that, they had only lost like 2-3 games all season. I would've had the 1s Nova, Zags, Kansas and U.K.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Cool. As I said the committee tries to be cute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345